Blackfeather Woods waiting for something or someone to show you the way
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She was hoping for something a bit more comprehensive, but to no avail. The answer was trite and juvenile; she should have expected it. Maegi glanced at her moonlit fur, affecting to ponder it--and then Spirit's question had her gaze snapping back, her ears perking in surprise.

Don't you want to shine? She was lost for words, momentarily, mouth moving infinitesimally with no sound. Then her face darkened, her eyes too, and she shook her head, definite. "No."

Something about the girl unsettled her. The dark one was merely annoying, but Spirit. . .there was wisdom in her. Perhaps it was greater than her own. Envy curled 'round her heart, snaring tendrils, and she turned away, stepping into the shadows at the edge of the clearing.

"I am dark, not light," Maegi replied, a pale blur in the void. "I am death, not life. I'd rather. . ." But she did want to shine. Just not in the literal fashion. Not under the moon and stars; she wanted to emit soft, pulsing, strange light, like the creatures in Fellglow Keep. Not a beacon, but a ghost. Mist--not clouds.

She let out a ragged sigh, not knowing what else to say, and padded off into the forest, fur bristling with unease.
Messages In This Thread
RE: waiting for something or someone to show you the way - by Maegi - October 09, 2018, 07:03 PM