Stone Circle i found her naked with her best friend in the tub
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
backdated to, like, the 4th

Lily shook off her conversation with the dark male the previous night, got a good night's sleep, and then continued on southeast, not stopping until she reached the borders of another pack. A nearby circle of stones caught her attention, and she peered at them for a long moment, too distracted to howl. It was noon, and the late autumn sun glinted off the tops, making them like beacons, guiding travelers toward the pack.

Not a bad way to do it, really. Anyone who stumbled upon this group of wolves would be immediately riveted by the unusual landmark.

Having satisfied her curiosity (for now) the blackbird tipped her nose to the sky and howled, now a seasoned pro at this ambassador thing. Once her voice had faded, she brought her head down again and waited patiently to be seen, wondering if the wolves here were just as kind and friendly as the others in the valley. She was satisfied with the reception she'd gotten, so far.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Lookin for some new threads so I hope you don't mind me throwin Ira at you :)
As per usual, Ira was out pacing through the forest when she noticed an unfamiliar scent cross her path. She could tell already it was rather fresh which meant there was still time for her to intercept the wolf from traveling too far into the territory. Right as the black wolf dipped her head back to howl, Ira would be pushing through the brush nearby, her attention drawn to the newcomer. The stone colored wolf lifted her head as she approached, her tail raising as she addressed the other female.

Hello, what brings you to our territory? It was clear from the black wolf's stance that she had no intention of showing hostility, but that did not mean she should simple just let her guard down. She would hold a stance of dominance until she was sure of the other's intentions.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
of course not!

A lovely tall woman came to meet her at the border, and the blackbird felt dwarfed by comparison. Still, she lifted her chin in a show of confidence--though not arrogance, certainly--flashing a smile at the border guardian. Hallo, there--my name is Lily. I come from Elysium, a pack that just moved into the willow forest at the base of the mountains.

She canted her head in the direction in which she had come, and then looked back, ears swiveling forward. I caught the scent of your borders on my last scouting trip, and wanted to introduce myself and our pack, Lily continued. I hope that Elysium and your family can be allies. . .perhaps friends, with time. She jerked her chin softly at the circle of stones, eyes alight with a query. What a fascinating landmark! What do you call this place?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The black wolf seemed to have come with good news. Allies were never a bad thing after all, especially when the other option was...less favorable. Winter is hard enough for a pack, there is no need to add pack tension to the list of struggles they would all soon face. Elysium you say? I'm afraid I do not have the authority to discuss these matters, but I can pass word to the Alpha of Easthollow. Perhaps a time and place can be arranged for you two to meet? I do not see why she would deny your offer though. 

As the other female turned her attention towards the stones, Ira found herself looking to the great landmark too. Those are our stones. We call it the Stone Circle, although several of the stones have their own meaning.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Here comes big man

A lone howl.

It caught his attention, interrupting his evening at the stone circle where he would give a small prayer before going on a patrol. Exhaling through his teeth with relief, he finished up his thoughts with the warrior stone before turning int the direction of the sound.

Making his way through the tall dried grass of the meadow, Greyback inched towards the figure at the border who was surprisingly with his daughter Ira. Smiling as he came upon them, he was able to hear the stranger ask about the stones and his daughter recite her name and give information in return. Standing tall like the massive stones themselves, he gave a small bow. "Greetings Miss Elysium, Ira." He turned to his daughter, holding his smile to her.

"I see you have met my daughter, Ira. It is a pleasure to meet you." As he looked at his pup he wondered if she would be upset with his introduction. He never knew how she would react nowadays with their sour relationship. "Im just passing through, I can relay a message  to Alpha Valette...unless you want to." He turned a brow upright as he waited for his daughter's reply.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She was absorbing all this new information and beginning to open her mouth to speak when another appeared, even taller and broader than the woman before her. The little blackbird found herself craning her neck slightly to stare at him, smiling in bemused fashion. Erm, you can just call me Lily, she said, trying to come off playful and not rude. Elysium's not my name, just my home.

Lily dipped her muzzle in gracious acceptance of their welcome. Thank you both, she said softly. I should get back to the sanctuary sooner rather than later, but I'm sure I'll meet Valette soon enough. It wasn't too long of a journey between the places, after all.

What do the stones mean? she blurted, not thinking. Had her flesh not been hidden by fur, they would have seen her blush. Alas, the flush of warm embarrassment that rippled through her was for her knowledge alone. Sorry--I don't mean to pry. I'm just curious; they're so beautiful. I've never seen anything like them before
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Feeling the male's presence grow close caused a knot to form in Ira's stomach. When he introduced himself as her father she had to physically prevent herself from grimacing and bite her tongue. Her family issues did not need to be known by outsiders, let alone a possible ally pack. I think I am more than capable of running a message. I can meet up with Valette once we have wrapped up here.

Her glanced moved back to the black wolf as she gave her name and suggested her leave, but before Ira could speak again she was asking about the pillars behind her once more. Her face drew blank as her maw hung slightly agape. It might have been perceived as rude to others, but the stone wolf let it slide. She did not really mind either way, she was more or less caught off guard. You do not need to apologize.

Ira tipped her nose to the large stone in the middle and the one to the right of it. The largest is The Father Stone, and next to it is The Mother Stone. They are supposed to watch over our pack and protect us-- She cast a quick glance at Greyback, not with malice, but there was something there... Like a father. Or provide comfort like a mother. Ira tilted her head again, now gesturing to the stone to the left of The Father Stone, The Warrior Stone for strength and courage-- then to a stone with large cracks running through it. And The Stone of Lost Souls. It stands for the wolves of Easthollow who have disappeared. While she herself still did not feel a connection to the large rocks, she had to admit that she appreciated the sentiment. Those who work hard and make a name for themselves deserve to be remembered.

Finishing her explanation, Ira turned back to Lily. Do you have any other inquiries before you head out? Any words I should pass on to our Alpha?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback stood shocked with his mouth slightly open, embarrassed at the fact he had used the stranger's home name as her own. He gave a small chuckle and quickly apologized with a "My bad, Miss Lily," before glancing to his daughter.

It was when Ira looked at him that he took a step back, ready to leave. He couldn't remember if this was the first time she didn't glare at him but was glad none the less. As his daughter explained the stones he gave nods of agreement. She was capable of carrying the message and answering Lily's questions. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Lily but I must be going now. Please, take care."

Turning around, Greyback steadily made his way back up the hills to Stone Circle, his figure blending in with them.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes were luminous as Ira described the stones and what they symbolized, though she didn't miss the tension between the two Easthollow wolves. Nothing she could do to ease it, though. She nodded a little awkwardly at Greyback's correction, and then turned to the woman, shaking her head. I just wanted to introduce myself and my pack, Lily said softly.

The blackbird wagged her tail. Hopefully I'll meet your alpha one of these days, she continued, repeating her sentiment from earlier. In any case, it was lovely to meet you and your father. Thank you for the information, and all the best. Cheers!

If there was no other words to be exchanged, Lily would turn and begin to pad away--though not without a parting, wondrous glance at that ring of stones. Marvelous.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'd say this can be closed!
She watched as the small wolf turned to leave, a bow of her head was given to what might be a new ally. Same to you. Safe travels on your way home. Ira would wait for Lily to be out of sight before raising her head, and then she would be on her way to seek out Valette to discuss the alliance.