Stone Circle I have not seen the light for days and nights
65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
Joining 
While he'd originally been the first of his littermates to disperse, he'd returned to his parents before a full year had passed. Daggertooth and Singer had already been gone when he'd returned, though, and Catcher had left not long after he'd settled back in at home. And then he'd stayed, looking after the newest litter and generally just making a nuissance of himself. His parents didn't need him, but they'd been happy enough to have him around - or so he'd thought!

When he realized they were worried about him, King had been quick to depart. He didn't want them to think they'd failed in raising a competent wolf, after all. So, although he'd been quite content to play big brother and dutiful son, he'd set off again on his own, hoping, perhaps, to run into his sister or brothers.

He hadn't, yet, but when he came across the borders of a sprawling and sweet-smelling pack, he decided to try his luck. The male hunted down a pheasant and gave himself a quick wash before finding a flat, open area to linger. With an eager wag of his tail, he tipped back his head to howl, hoping to find out more about the wolves that lived in the area.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback turned his ears to the sound of distant howling, responding with his own dark one rather quickly. New comers were expected with winter fast approaching, it didn't surprise the elder that someone was at their borders, possibly wanting to join.

Turning around, he stalked in the direction, his large body battling the light snow falling all around the territory and collecting the crystals on his coat. Upon reaching the border he eyed the figure, their body and scent was obviously male but held an undertone of prey. Had he been hunting nearby? Certainly a wolf well enough to catch their own prey wouldn't need the food that came from being in a pack. Perhaps he was looking to woo a female? The brief thought made Greyback's fur slightly rise. Regardless, the Easthollow wolf tried to keep an open mind.

"Greetings," Greyback called, looking down at the stranger with a humble smile, his body casting a shadow before him.  "My name is Greyback, what brings you to the border of Easthollow?" He questioned.

65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
King didn't mind the snow at all - nor did he worry about going hungry during the winter. He simply wasn't a wolf that relished being along for long periods of time, and couldn't imagine going back to the wandering ways of his youth. He'd once thought a life of adventure had been the one for him, but since returning home and having to leave it once more, he'd found that he liked a certain amount of stability that being a loner lacked.

He wagged his tail entreatingly when another wolf appeared, and lowered himself slightly to accomodate for the other's confident bearing. "Hello," he blithely returned, momentarily forgetting himself as he observed the male's superior size. And King had thought he was a big wolf! "I was hoping to find out more about this pack," he said, shaking himself out of his musings to answer the male - who seemed nice enough, despite his daunting build. King nosed the pheasant toward his prospective pack mate with another wag of his tail. "It seems big and healthy. Are you accepting new members?"
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He watched as the stranger wagged his tail and lowered himself to the ground. It was odd to the male, no one had ever lowered themselves for him in ages, and he certainly didn't believe he deserved it with the current rank he held within the pack. Chuckling, he shook his head "Please, there's no need,"

It seemed as if the wolf had manners, nosing the bird towards him in humble earnest. Many others had crossed their borders with nothing to offer but words, and Greyback was pleased this male sought after something new. He looked at the bird for a moment, his amber eyes grazing over it's body before looking back at the golden ones before him. "Thank you, it's most kind of you to hunt for us. But please, you must keep it for yourself. You must have worked hard. We have plenty to eat here,"

He nodded at the stranger asked about the pack. Ah, so he was looking to join. "We are a family based pack," he began, "We pride ourselves on tight-nit structure and being devoted to working as one. We also hold respect to each and every one of our members despite the rank we hold." He added, his voice burning with passion as he spoke so dearly about his home. "We are open to members, indeed. However, as curious you are about us, we are about you," He truthfully said. "Where do you come from, and what can you offer us?"

65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
King wanted to know more about Easthollow just out of curiosity. He'd already decided that if a wolf like Greyback could be happy here, then he could be, too. And maybe, since it was a bigger pack instead of the small, nuclear pack he'd been a part of, he'd be able to stay for as long as he wanted instead of being run off to find greener pastures. Not that his parents wouldn't have let him stay, if he'd insisted.

"My name's King," he said, as candid as always. "I'm from Alaska. My parents wanted to make room for next year's brood, and they didn't want to send the yearlings off yet. So I'm looking for a place with a little more room." He gestured to the pheasant between them. "I'm good at hunting small game, and I've got plenty of experience helping to bring down bigger game as well. I've also been told that I'm an excellent singer, but you know how mothers are. It's anyone's guess how good I really am." The last few sentences were said with a cheeky grin, as he hoped to insert a bit of comedic relief into the conversation.
Rosewood
celestial dreams
323 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
hope it cool to pop in!

Aerasha was wandering about, letting the light snow flake upon her earthy and creamy tones as she let out a soft, rhymthful beat. She has been 'patrolling' in a way, while the facade of looking useful covers the mask of her usual strolls, she didn't have that much worry of it being discovered. She held no regard to the tasks she was supposed to be doing, such as Brynn and Ira so desired her to do, and perhaps even Valette, but alas, she does what she feels like in regard to any situation.

Which came to when the plush fae had heard the sound of a howl, and didn't pay attention to who it was for. Aerasha already sashayed herself over to the situation, a playful smile hung on her lethargic features as she curiously strode on over toward the calling. Her bicolored gaze of brown and blue easily caught the huge form of the familiar Packmate, Greyback, whose body nearly covered the other from afar. Though it seemed the other was a large fellow, and he came into view as she came closer with a casual greeting, "Heeeeeeey.~" to them both.
[Image: 5df50311c5b389af25e22caf808989af.png]
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Alaska..Greyback had never heard of this place before and pondered about what it would be like. The male had a very light coat- perhaps it was cold? He simply nodded, continuing to listen to the words King spoke of. He felt a tinge of guilt about him being shoved out of a family, it sounded horrible. Even if the reason was as good enough as 'not enough room,' it still must of been hard to leave a family behind. Greyback knew that too well.

He chuckled as the Alaskan wolf mentioned singing and mothers. He seemed nice, a bit of a funny character, but nice. Hunting was always a plus, though most wolves above the age of 1 should already know how to. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you King, i'm sure you will fit along well within our pack. However, that decision to up to the alp-" Greyback paused, the scent of a familiar wolf wafting over his nose.

Aerasha.

The male held in the urge to sigh outwardly. The cream colored wolf was always nice, but her demeanor could be a bit overbearing at times with her.... He eyed her up and down. Intoxicated behavior. He was glad she decided to walk along the borders today, normally he found her aloof or sleeping.

He waited until she announced herself. "Hello Aerasha," he greeted, bowing his head slightly. "I was just talking to King, he might be joining us soon. "
He wished @Valette or @Steph would show up soon.

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Poor Greyback lol

Steph had been on the other side of the territory when the call rang out, and she did her best to get there in a timely manner. When she showed, Greyback and Aerasha had already intercepted the stranger, and Steph came to a stop beside Greyback. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth as she took a moment to catch her breath, but she smiled to the stranger. Her gaze turned to Greyback, What's up? she asked, not wanting to waste any more time.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was patrolling when she heard unfamiliar howl from the borders. Protectiveness drew her from her duties as she began heading towards the sound. It was quite a distance from where she had been, so she moved at a quick pace, hoping to arrive in time to be of assistance if needed.

When she finally found the source of the call, she noticed her three packmates already there to intercept the stranger. She moved to stand near Steph, her yellow gaze falling on the stranger as she studied him with a bit of suspicion. Strangers made her nervous, but no one appeared to be in distress, so she relaxed slightly. She didn't speak any greeting or ask any questions, instead offering her silent support should it be needed.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was late to arrive it seemed, even Aerasha had beat her at being at the borders faster. The alpha female didn't know that she had already been there. There were quite a few Easthollow wolves and one stranger. Everyone seemed relaxed so Valette was relaxed as well. She looked to Greyback as he was the one who howled. She dipped her head in greeting to everyone. Valette was quite pleased that so many wolves were here it really gave a nice display of their family. "Hello, welcome to Easthollow," she spoke. "I'm Valette the alpha of this pack."

I love how Steph just says 'what's up' and Valette is all very formal

65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
Just as Greyback began to speak of the alpha, another wolf arrive. King's ears pressed forward attentively, and he gave a jaunty wag of his tail to express his desire to make friends. But, despite the somewhat regal bearing of the stranger, she did not seem to be the pack's leader. Her voice, though, was pleasant and sweet, and King decided right away that he liked her.

"Hello," he replied. "I'm - "

But then there was another wolf, this one dark in color and seeming a bit more grounded. And just behind her, another female with sharp yellow eyes. King felt somewhat overwhelmed, looking between them all. He took a half a step back and started over, his eyes straying back to Greyback for reassurance. "My name's King. I am hoping - "

But then another wolf arrived, this one greatly resembling the yearling that already stood before him. The male correctly identified her as a leader, and lowered himself accordingly - he'd straighted considerably during his conversation with Greyback. "Pleased to meet you, ma'am. I'm King - I am interested in joining this pack," he explained, his voice strained.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched as one member arrived after another. Steph, Brynn, Valette. He was glad everyone was open and present to welcome to new potential pack mate. Brynn was silent as every, while Steph greeted with an almost child-like naivety in her small words. Valette was formal as she always was, something he grew relaxed to within his year here.

The elder merely chuckled as King attempted to greet everyone of them, shifting his eyes periodically over to him in an attempt of help before his posture straighten at Valette. "It seems everyone has come to greet you," Greyback spoke, his voice gruff.

He looked over to both the leading pair. "Steph, Valette, King has come from his own pack to seek a new home. His parents wanted to make room for this years young. He has told me his skills lie within hunting."

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
There was an influx of wolves at the border over the next few minutes, but Steph kept her eyes on the stranger. It was obvious he was overwhelmed, and maybe even a little put off, considering every time he tried to speak, another wolf came up, and he was cut off. She gave him an understanding smile, hoping to ease any concerns he might be having. 

She was a little confused when Greyback explained that King left his previous back to make room for the new pups. Who did that? Steph glanced to Valette. She couldn't imagine her mother would make her leave so that the younger siblings could have room, especially since it was the whole pack who was helping to raise them. Her eyes went back to King as she waited to see what Valette would say. In other circumstances, when the Alpha wasn't present, Steph would make the decision on the newcomer. But, since the Alpha was here, she would defer to her.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
OMG I didn't realize it was my turn, please forgive me!

Valette watched the male, as he was surrounded by Easthollow members. It must be nerve-racking for him. However, the male seemed to be alright with it. He even lowered himself for her. Valette was not used to this sort of display but decided that she liked the thought of it. It was considerate. Valette quirked up her lips into a smile.

King explained about himself and then Greyback have more background information. Greyback looked relaxed. Valette glanced at Steph. "You have come from a family background, so I feel you will fit in into our family," Valette decided. "We could always have another hunter on the team," she agreed. "You may join our pack but you are not a member of the family yet. But stick with us and I am sure you will become part of our family."

This was the first wolf to be accepted with the new ranking system and Valette decided that she liked it. There were wolves that were part of their family and newer wolves would be ranked below that. "Welcome to Easthollow," she smiled.
65 Posts
Ooc — Mix
Although it was difficult to focus with all the new, different wolves around him, King managed to direct his attention toward Valette. Like Greyback, she had a kind, agreeable presence, and King found himself relaxing as she gave her verdict. Thank you kindly, ma'am, he grinned, tail whisking jauntily. I won't disappoint you!

He glanced back at Greyback one more time to be sure he was still doing alright. Even though he'd been accepted, he still felt that his position was somewhat precarious - but he took comfort in the thought that Valette and Greyback were both reasonable wolves.

Please, don't hesitate to call on me if there is anything I can help with, he said to the gathering at large, eager to get to know them all and to become part of a team once more.