Sleepy Fox Hollow as i went down in the river to pray
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Sakhmet's question drew her gaze back to the pups, and she shook her head ruefully. I don't know, she said, sounding uncharacteristically apprehensive. To answer a question like that would require delving deep into her torturer's soul. . .which wasn't something she wanted to entertain. Nor was it something she'd necessarily want to expose her children to.

They were Blackfeather. . .but they were still young. Gods, let them enjoy their youth! She would keep them innocent for as long as she possibly could. 

I think he just liked to hurt others for no reason, Maegi continued, shrugging. Like I said, he was very wicked. There are wolves like that out there—all you can do is protect those you love from falling into their trap.

Who had been there for her? Moonshadow, who rescued her (albeit a little too late to avoid injury, but she was still grateful to the woman). Indra, who helped her. Coelacanth, Venninne, Moorhen. . .her surrogate mothers on the island, who gave her a new life. All of these, she held in high esteem.

She hoped to be there in similar fashion for her trio, no matter what tribulations they may endure.
Messages In This Thread
as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 05, 2019, 06:49 AM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 06, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: as i went down to the river to pray - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 12, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Sakhmet - September 19, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - September 20, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Anansi - September 27, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: as i went down in the river to pray - by Maegi - October 26, 2019, 09:30 PM