Dragoncrest Cliffs Cause I have traveled cross this country wide
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
rosalyn led them. 
erzulie had not wanted to come, had felt the familiar burn of anger upon seeing the wretched, sea-battered cliffside once again.
for nieve's sake, she had sheathed her demanding tongue and instead strode with an aloof expression upon her face, softened only by the glances she shared with her wife from time to time.
she coursed the edge of a remembered boulder, stared off toward where her mate had once been held captive.
when their daughter inquired after where it was they were, erzulie paused, swept to her gilded flank. "dis was once a place called drageda. dere was a great war fought between rusalka an' drageda, before you or yours were born."
a grin tugged at her somber mouth.
"dey did not want us to settle so near, but caiaphas led us den, and de soun', down below us now, had always belonged to her. an' so she led us to claim it, an' even though drageda sent its soldiers, competin' against us, we won."
a shake of her darkened ruff.
"de leader, she an' dey stole your mamá," she went on, laying mintglow eyes upon her wife. "kept her. tormented her. i used to call to her from de soun'. i could not take it. an' so caiaphas agreed dat we would go and bring her back."
a long pause to survey them both. "we won. drageda did not follow. when we were forced inland, we t'ought dat dey would come back for de lan'. but dey fell instead, an' wid it, de pack. an' dey have not been back since." a slow blink, for she had spoken at length; chuckled, remarked, "dat is how i remember it. your mamá's account is much more colorful i am sure."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Messages In This Thread
Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Rosalyn - January 25, 2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Erzulie - January 26, 2020, 09:38 PM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 01, 2020, 12:13 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 15, 2020, 04:36 AM
RE: Cause I have traveled cross this country wide - by Nieve - February 18, 2020, 04:49 AM