Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
All Welcome 
backdated a few days

cyan surrounds her in a gentle embrace and although the air is still frigid as it stings at her lungs, she basks gratefully in the weak sunlight and feels the first trickle of confidence that spring was truly gonna bless them soon enough. eyes flicker down to focus listlessly on the shivering blades of grass that stick stubbornly up between pale toes, small frown tracing her slender muzzle. the past couple of days had been....odd for her. perhaps it was because easthollow had been a vague memory from the mind of a polaris long lost to her, this place was as solid as a fairytale about castles with princesses and dragons once she'd descended those mountains with the knowledge that her family was dead

except they're not

she reminds herself of this frequently throughout each day, yet the words have lost all meaning after undergoing such fruitless dissection. her head lowers wearily to rest upon her crossed forelegs now, lifting softened eyes to blink out at the strewn rocks and softly swaying grass. it was so beautifully peaceful here, it both somehow managed to soothe her and put her on edge at the same time. "soonthe soft whisper slips forth, a promise to herself for the restless energy writhing throughout her gut and down into her paws was not ignored. she'd agreed to wait about a week to rest and get familiar with her new home before departing and seeking out the truth about her family. she swallowed against the budding apprehension, she was excited of course, but nervous too. what if she couldn't find them? or somehow names had gotten mixed up and they actually were dead? having gone through so much to recover from the hole that losing them had torn within her the first time, she didn't believe in her ability to relive that a second time. there was as much fear present at losing them again as there was excitement at potentially finding them.

but one thing was for certain, she was going to go crazy until she at least tried. the only obstacle left was that valette had recommended she brought someone with her. her nose still wrinkles a little at the request, having relied on herself for so long it was difficult for this prideful independence to accept the help of another; what if they just slowed her down? yet another part of her had been so touched just to have someone care about her again, she perhaps wouldn't truly admit that part to herself, but gosh had part of her craved the protective nature of care. licking her lips hastily, the young dove shifted onto her side; eyes lifting to the sky. now the only issue was who would want to accompany a random newcomer like her?
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
The large woodland boy had been wandering around aimlessly. He could patrol, maybe hunt something down, but it was actually kinda nice out. Warmer than it had been in what felt like forever, West savored each ray he could catch. Memories of the grassy plains and the bugs in summer flooded his memory. He wasn't a kid anymore, but there was still something appealing about chasing after the insects in the sun.

It was then that he noticed a pale spot nearby, a wolf...small, young maybe around his age. Someone, he did not know well within their borders. West approached carefully, sure that she posed no threat, but even so, he didn't want her to run if he spooked her. It was then that he caught her mumbling something but he wasn't sure if he quite heard right, Soon? Perhaps if his approach hadn't been noticed, this was the best wayy to make her aware now. He stayed a few paces away, still cautious of the newcomer.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
185 Posts
Ooc —
Clay had heard the soft chattering of a newcomer around the area. Light whispers about a girl white as snow and flecked. One who was silent and kept to herself for the most part. He would hear it on the wind, from wolves around Easthollow, and occasionally a bird or two.

Clay didn't know when he began to understand the flying talkers. They were dull, and didn't make for much communication, but they knew their way around drama and news and it was quite entertaining on a silent day. It was often he heard them chattering above about trees, sqwaking to each other in muddled words and broken language that Clay had to blink and decipher in his mind.

He tended not to stick his nose in other business, at least wolves's business that is. He didn't have to worry about birds fighting him. But at the same time, Easthollow's newcomer wasn't his problem—and as far as he was concerned, he had his own to deal with. He hadn't been keen on making friends or talking to anyone besides his family. It was still odd to be back here.

Which is why when he stepped foot out of the tree line and came into close proximity with the girl, as well as his brother, he blinked, and the only word that tumbled out of his mouth was a "Y-YOU!" aimed at the girl.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
'soon?'

having grown so engrossed with her own scattered thoughts, she'd failed to notice the approach of another and upon casting a startled glance in his direction; she didn't know how she hadn't. she found herself momentarily distracted from his opening line as eyes roved freely over his large stature, having never felt quite so dwarfed by a wolf with the same youthful glint to their gaze as she. blinking hastily out of her reverie, she gathered long limbs under her to stand tall as her willowy frame could manage nevertheless, chin tipped upwards despite the budding embarrassment tingling hotly through her body. not only had he came across her talking to herself, she'd completely blanked out- some first impression that was. shaking her head whilst clearing her throat, she cringed inwardly before muttering. "sorry i didn't mean to go all weird you just-a slightly nervous laugh, not quite sure how he'd take this but not being a good enough liar to offer anything but the truth when so on the spot "you're biganother laugh yet inside she was screaming- what the hell was she doing? she wasn't even an awkward wolf she'd just gone and made this into something a lot weirder than it had to be.

in an attempt to redeem herself, she glared off to the side whilst returning back to his initial uttering. "i was just reminding myself of something was all, speaking it aloud made it feel more solidears twitch as she sighs a little, blinking mismatched eyes back towards him. it was at least the truth even if she witheld exactly what she was reminding herself of, it was just that even the idea of explaining her situation with her family made her feel weary and she didn't want to seem like she was fishing for pity from the first wolf she'd met around her age since departing from amethyst keep. her mouth opened somewhat tentatively, about to ask him for his name when a sharp exclamation cut through the lazy silence. ears roved back as her head twisted to follow their lead- eyes widening when they fell on the familiar form of - "clay?

he was here? that shouldn't really come as a surprise, but- but...
unbidden, a memory of piercing ruby eyes flickering from amongst the sneering shadows that roved restlessly amongst tightly packed trees engulfs her. she swallows, forcing back the tremble that so badly wished to dance up her spine: no. she forces a weak smile, long tail flicking restlessly at her hocks. the sheer abruptness of his arrival had caught her off guard and left her at a loss for words whilst a dull sadness spread small roots in her chest. the first time she'd met him things had been so easy, what she'd do now to return to that summer of goofy smiles and untainted innocence. she tears her eyes from his, glancing at the other boy momentarily before blinking off into the distance. if you'd told her the first time she'd met clay that a year from then she'd have gone through everything that she had, she wasn't sure how she would've carried on.
"common" | "french"
A span of silence stretched as the girl turned and stared leading to him tilting his head in confusion. Maybe she didn't hear him? Although now that he actually had a good look at her she was pretty...well...pretty. It wasn't until she started talking that he realized his jaw had fallen slack and quickly shut it. Weird? What was weird? She laughed only to finish her sentence

"You're big"

West could feel his face grow hot as his ears flattened against his skull. She was laughing, was that good? The woodland boy swallowed giving an awkward chuckle of his own, as he forced himself to look away Ah, yeah— I...I get that a lot. God why was he burning? He fell silent as she further explained. Remind herself of something? Oh, well if— Three words barely out of his mouth when a shrill voice cut him off.

He tore his gaze to the source just to confirm it was his brother, but before he could say anything again the girl spoke his name...wait a minute— You two know each other? Why did she know Clay? Emerald eyes fell back to the dove as she fidgeted, her tail flicking uneasily. It was a tick that reminded him of Leta. A frown fell on his lips as his attention shifted back to Clay, had he done something to her to make her uneasy?

The woodland boy stepped forward attempting to put himself before the girl, not enough to stand in her way, but enough that Clay would have to pass him if he tried anything. He didn't like the idea that he could have hurt her, but Clay had been gone for a long time. He really didn't know him any better than her as things stood currently.
185 Posts
Ooc —
The lady turned, and Clay bore into her with a look of shock. He knew from the minute he saw her face that those eyes could only belong to one wolf, and perhaps if he stared long enough he could unlock well-buried memories of when they first met. Of his father and him running through the blades of grass, of the lectures, of the girl with a strange foreign accent...

But instead of doing so he tore his gaze away, his brows furrowing and scolding in general at his now sour mood as he turned to his brother. It didn't help that his own kin stepped in front to gate her away as if he was some threat. It was true that Clay had made mistakes forced on by Nightwalkers—but never had he harmed this girl. Never had he even bothered to give her much of his attention.

Raising his tail in anger, the boy curled his lip in frustration at his brother, his ears flattening. "Nightwalkers." He spat. "But I can see that I am not welcome here. Don't worry, I'll take my leave." And with that the prince turned and fled back into the brush, ignoring whatever may have followed.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
eyes widen as she blinks back the surprise to accompany the sure movements of the other boy to place himself before clay, brow furrowing quizzically before realisation sprinkled clarity over the graze of her glance- oh! she straightens hastily, chin tipping lightly in shame that he'd felt the need to quite possibly protect her, even if a small part of her tingles warmly at the gesture. however that part is quashed roughly by the stamping paws of the pride that ran rampant throughout her, she did not cower! yet that wasn't the main issue- her jaw opens, about to reassure him that there was no ill will between her and the ashen boy when her eyes flickered back to him and a disgruntled hmph came along with the snapping of her mouth falling shut. the venom smarting in eyes she'd only ever observed as placid is enough to leave her momentarily dumbfounded, fighting back the want to cringe away from the burn of such stinging intensity. brows furrowed, she moved a paw as if to step forward only to lean back at the hiss to slip forth vehemently from wrinkled jaws. 

eyes sharpen at the uttering, jaw clenching. he doesn't even say it to her, it's aimed and shot at the larger boy in response to what had seemed like an innocent query. a flash of irritation sparks throughout her, he regards her with such unveiled contempt and yet doesn't even have the decency to address her. glaring hotly, her tail lashes through the long grass; going to step forward but he's already pulling back, spewing his poison before turning and fleeing the scene. "what the hell is your problem?!she screams after his departing form, breath shuddering in and out of her jaws. he didn't even let her talk, he just attacked and ran off before she could even- she inhales deeply, willing herself to calm down despite the frustration writhing in her gut at the entire unfairness over what had happened. still, she'd only been here a few days and she didn't want to get labeled as causing a ruckus, especially considering that clay was valette's son. 

she leans back on her haunches now, glaring stonily after the disrupted vegetation where he'd torn off before blinking back to the other boy a little sheepishly. now that her heart was beginning to slow, hurt was starting to prowl around the fringes of her conscience. she knew her and the small boy weren't friends, but she'd thought they were at least...friendly. how stupidly naive of her, every single time. her jaw sets- she didn't want to be angry at him but she'd choose it over pain again and again and so she lets that hissing flame continue to burn in her stomach as another thought occurs to her. "i'm not one of themshe confirms to her company sharply, talking about the nightwalkers. the cheek of clay to label her as one of them before stalking off, she presses her paws hard against the spongy earth. would this other wolf hate her now? his packmate had acted like she was the spawn of satan after all. swallowing hastily, she held onto her tongue until he said something more, silently hoping he wouldn't choose to leave as well.
"common" | "french"
West wasn't sure what to expect when he questioned Clay, but he should have guessed he would bare his fangs. He had been like even when they were kids, always aggressive and fast to flee. He was only given one hint before his brother departed, one word spat at him like it was venom. Nightwalkers? What was a Nightwalker?

He was shaken from his thoughts once more by a screech, except this time it came from the girl beside him. West blinked in surprise down to the dove who now sat nearby. He searched his mind for the right thing to say, but he had never been great with words. More of a do-er than a thinker. That was Newt, and now even Leta. This girl was scowling now yet there was something about her that made the frown cute. She shouldn't be frowning though, he knew that much.

It took a moment for the woodland boy to realize that her gaze had refixed on him causing his ears to heat, from what he still wasn't sure. He wasn't intimidated, nor was he really embarrassed, but for now he would shake the feeling for later. Something else was going on here, West could be stupid (not that he'd admit it), but this was plain to see. It was then that she confirmed Nightwalkers were a group...their mother mentioned Clay being kidnapped, was that who took him? I...I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm following.

The boy was careful to pick his words not wanting to upset her further, Clay returned recently, he's dealing with something I guess. West raised a paw to scratch at the side of his cheek before taking a seat himself. We've never been that close but... I apologize for my brother, whatever he might have done or these Nightwalker people. He's always had issues. He found himself giving an awkward chuckle once more. He wanted to ask for more information since Clay would never spill but...that didn't seem like something she wanted to talk about right now. Do you, uh...wanna start over? I never got your name.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she sits there, peeved and afflicted yet struggles through the haze of both- fixing somewhat desperately on the boy that remained. when he does speak, a brow quirks with surprise- she's not sure what she'd been expecting, but not that. frowning deeply, she cast a side glance to where clay had run off in case he'd decided to come skulking back but after registering the lingering silence for a few moments, shifted her bicoloured gaze back. she'd presumed since the boy had spat 'nightwalkers' with no context before storming off that he'd made this other character aware of what exactly that meant, but apparently not. rolling her shoulders back, she dropped her look again to study at her paws as she thought about that. she wished she didn't know who the nightwalkers were. when he speaks again, soft words bordering on tentative, she peers back to the reassuring steadiness of his emerald gaze and nods somberly. maybe she shouldn't be so hard on clay, yet it's difficult to hold onto that train of thought when the heat behind his stabbing glare remained so fresh in her mind. he didn't have to take his issues out on her! they all had their problems...she exhales heavily, watching out of the side of her eye as her company moved to settle himself onto the damp earth beside her.

it's oddly easy to fall quite placid listening to the thrum of his voice, and she settles gratefully into it. that is- until ears prick upon catching on that one word- 'brother'. studying him closer, she's not sure how she missed it. sure, stature wise they were quite on the opposite ends of the spectrum but asides from that..they both held similarites to valette and greyback and her stomach twists wistfully, thinking of when her whole family had resided safely within the borders of swiftcurrent. yet she refuses to focus on that, pushing it back hastily and continuing to listen closely to what he said. it's strange to think of clay being described as always having issues, did always include when she'd first met him? he'd seemed so...chipper. a small smile graces her features at the little chuckle to burst free from his figure and she stretches her muscles a little, eyes soft as they rove curiously across him with his final little question. a quick nod, starting over sounded nice- but first. "before we start over, thanks for...uh being nice i guessa quick shrug as she blushed lightly, it sounded cheesy but it felt important to say. kindness went a long way. "to elaborate on clay's...attempted explanation, yea i know him i uh, met him a long time ago when we were a lot younger. he was out with his- your, dad. then i came across him again when i was alone and followed him back to the nightwalkers, they're a really nasty pack to put it lightly. i stayed with them a few months because frankly i didn't know what else to do, i wasn't used to being alone..anyway, i finally got the guts to stop being a coward and leave when vengeance - the leader - attacked me and gave me theseshe gestured as listlessly as she could manage to the scars running along her flank "it was some kind of test or something, anyway i didn't really see clay much once i was there- he kinda disappeared.chewing on her lip, slender shoulders lift in a shrug. "just thought you deserved to know"

quite quickly she stands, hopefully before he can say anything, and hops to stand right before him; eyes brighter as she pushes on from that topic. "anyway! fresh start time so let's not talk anymore on thatthe small smile curling delicately across her muzzle grows more brazen as her head dips in a polite bob and she murmurs liltingly "it's very nice to meet you, i'm polaris and you are...?her head tilts to the side in a quick bird like movement as she watches him. there's something about his colouring that she finds kind of soothing, from his brunette pelt to the shifting green of his gaze- she found herself appreciating his earthiness for lack of a better term and mismatched eyes watched on with curious expectation as she awaited his name.
"common" | "french"
West didn't miss the smile that graced her features. It suited her much more than whatever pain she might be holding onto. He himself had never really suffered, but he's seen the effects, he knows how Leta feels. It was rude to pry and if she chose to ever tell him he'd listen. Except he never expected that moment to be now—

Polaris thanked him to which he could only mumble a quick 's no problem— before she continued. He never knew that their dad had taken Clay out. Were they past the borders? How come he's the only one who hasn't left Easthollow? When they were young they were scolded for even going near the borders after Leta was attacked. The woodland boy fought off the frown that threatened to tug at his lips. Maybe his parents thought he wasn't ready...his brother had both left without a word and Leta had guardians. He never bothered asking since he saw how torn up Valette was after Clay left...er...was taken.

West had fallen victim to his spiraling thoughts once more and quickly had to refocus on the conversation and pick up the pieces he missed. Nightwalkers were a pack. She followed Clay there and when she tried to leave she...was attacked. Too shocked to hold back the frown, West's eyes traveled down to her scarred side with ears pulled back. He wasn't sure how he missed the marks until now, but they were large and covered much of her flank just like Clay. Just how big was this leader to leave scars as large as hers and his brothers?

With the flip of a switch, Polaris was on her feet before him as if she hadn't just dropped one of the largest bombs he'd ever heard. He knew he was the one to suggest it, but he couldn't help but pause as he tried to collect his thoughts. She smiled again, this time dipping her head as she finally gave a name. Polaris. Finally, something to match to her face and amongst all the confusion he could feel his face burn hotter than ever.

The woodland boy had to remind himself that he still had not spoken as he managed to find his words, West— West Tyree of Easthollow. Somehow he managed to return her gesture with a bow of his own, but he couldn't help but hyper fixate on every movement and breath he breathed. He really didn't want to mess things up now. You uh, you're not from around here. Are you just visiting or are you new?
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
she hadn't really focused on his face a whole lot when delivering roughly what had happened with the nightwalkers, too busy putting effort into getting the words out as quickly as possible. it was easier that way to stay detached from what she was recounting as well, she could settle into the flow of the words and refuse to lend them the power to be anything more than just that- words. but if she'd focused too closely on the boy and engaged with any of his possible reactions then what paced restlessly behind each syllable to fall from her mouth would gain new ammunition that she didn't want to have to fight against. so as a result, she wasn't sure exactly what he'd thought of this whole nightwalker deal but was immensely grateful when he didn't probe the subject any longer. her shoulders loosened the moment he began to utter his name and she peered up curiously, little smile never halting its delicate dance across sharp features. "west tyreeshe echoed, eyes glinting in the watery sunlight. "is that...your first and last name orr, do you have two first names?her eyes are openly curious as she regards him, having never heard of a wolf that had been gifted two names unless one was a surname, like tonrar. inwardly she would clutch protectively at the name that linked her to her family, no matter where they were, she'd always have that at least. 

yawning a little, she'd stretch each stiff muscle leisurely; ears tilting to catch what he asked. her head would shake in agreement to his observation, eyes shifting off to gaze unseeingly into the distance. "here as in easthollow right? i'm new and stayingit's stated firmly, as if she's assuring herself as much as him. "i was born in the teekons though, not too far from here actually uh, my birth pack was called swiftcurrent creek but it's...not around anymoreshe shrugs against the sting to accompany the truth behind the statement; yet it was more bearable than usual with the new knowledge that at least some of the former inhabitants that she cared so much for could still be alive. "i'm leaving soon though, but only temporarily..you see...she shifts her body fully now to face him entirely again, eyes more somber as they focus closely on his viridescent gaze. damn she really hated having to spew all these pity parties at him, she didn't want him to see her as something fragile and messed up but how could he not with what she had to follow up the nightwalker briefing with? still, she couldn't really hide it from him especially considering that she'd just had an idea. 

"during the earthquakes and all that, me and my family had to leave our pack because it wasn't safe there but...when we were passing through the mountain there was a massive rock slideher voice hitches very slightly but she pushes on hurriedly "anyway when i woke up i couldn't find or hear anyone so i presumed they were all...dead. that was until just a few days ago when val- your mam met me at the borders and told me that apparently my dad and lainie are alive. i freaked out a bita weak, sheepish laugh is pushed out "thought they were lying to me but i guess it could be true, so valette said i could go look for them after i regained my strength, only thing is...this is where her little idea came in and she glanced down at her paws momentarily, shuffling them through the twisting stems of grass. she didn't want to put him under pressure and she didn't enjoy exposing herself to potential rejection that could make things awkward considering she'd only met him a few minutes ago but...she was desperate. "she wants me to bring someone with me but...i don't really know anyone here" she shrugs, trying to appear noncahalent despite the suggestive hint to her words as she glances up at him a little tentatively.
"common" | "french"
His chest tightened as the dove repeated his name. It was a weird feeling and he wasn't sure he liked it, but it didn't hurt. It was just...different. West did his best to stifle his awkward laugh as she questioned his unusual name, I uh, I don't really know to be honest. I'm the only one of my siblings with another name. My grandpa's last name is Apaata so maybe it's two last names? West Tyree Apaata? No one called him that, but technically that would be his name. Oh well, a question for his parents later. He shrugged it off for now. Most just call me West.

The woodland boy's tail flicked behind him rustling the tall grass when she confirmed her stay. There weren't really any wolves their age aside from Leta and Charles...well Clay now too, but he clearly wasn't social. It would be nice to have another friend. He had never heard of a Swiftcurrent Creek, but then again he never left the territory. Whatever packs were out there he had no idea where they were, what they were called or how close they could be. The only one he really knew of was Kaistleoki, his sister's pack, but again the whereabouts of that was pretty unknown to him.

West tilted his head when Polaris stated she was leaving, even if it was briefly, why would she need to leave? She just got here, didn't she? The dove was quick to explain what had happened during the winter, even Easthollow had experienced the quakes, albeit it was without consequence. It must have been so much worse elsewhere, even his sister was forced to move her pack due to destruction. My mom values honesty— I don't think I've met your family, but if she says they were here, then I'm positive they're alive. He had been too focused on the borders and hunting to really both meeting new adults. Even if there had been another girl here apparently, they just missed each other's paths.

West waited as Polaris paused, her gaze dropping to the earth beneath them as she found her next words. The grip in his chest seemed to tighten when she mentioned a travel partner and before he really had the chance to think he blurted out, I can go—! I mean— I've never been outside the territory before, but, I'm pretty good at hunting so...you wouldn't have to worry about food? I'd have to ask my mom, but all my other siblings have already left before, I don't see why I couldn't go— with you...if you want. Oh god he had rambled. The boy wanted to slam his head into the nearest tree. Aside from company he probably wouldn't even be that useful, everyone knew how to hunt right? He certainly didn't know where this mountain was or how to get there. West could feel his skin growing hot beneath his pelt as he tried to think of a way to recover some of his dignity from the likely obvious desperation in his voice. Uh— there's also my Uncle Xan? He's been outside the territory a lot. He could maybe help you? My sister left to look for our brother with our other Uncle and Aunt, otherwise, I'd suggest them. He secretly hoped that she took his offer instead. His paws itched to leave the territory, he wanted to explore and if it meant getting to spend some more time with her it was a win-win.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
ohmygosh im sorry this turned into such a long ramble-y mess lmao. i kept getting distracted so i just kinda didn't stop writing. do not feel any need to match that xD

she rocked back and forth on small paws as he spoke, ears perked attentively. last names truly fascinated her, she enjoyed the idea of passing this name down from generation to generation so that no matter what happened along the line; your family always existed and were connected by this mere bunch of letters. so the idea that he had two was definitely curious, especially considering he was the only one out of his siblings to have two- oh, siblings? so there was more than just clay, she wondered were they still around and could not help but guiltily hope that they were more like west than his willowy brother demeanour wise. "wow have you met your grandpa? i never even wondered who my grandparents were to be honest, they were never mentioned...she trails off thoughtfully, tail swishing lazily through the grass. nope, never had any of her three parents ever mentioned their own family and she'd never even thought to ask. blinking back to the conversation, her grin deepends as she shakes her head a little to his own name shortening. "i like west tyreeshe declares, pushing heavy emphasis on the second word. "if you get to have two names you should flaunt it, delcare everyone takes the extra second to say it allher eyes darken with mock gravery as she adds dramatically "except perhaps in life or death situations, i guess you can excuse them for shortening it then"

tipping her head a little again, her voice softened as she chirped "my last name's tonrar but don't worry that's an ordinary surname, you don't need to use itthe conversation had her wondering, how many other tonrars were there out there and who'd been the first to claim that name as their own? she didn't even know which parent it had come from now that she thought about it, which seemed odd but when did you ever go calling your parents by their full names, she hadn't even called them by their first names. she focuses hard on the earthy boy again, trying to suppress thinking too much about her parents. she'd resisted asking about the other siblings he must have because she didn't want to hand her brain reasons to bring up hers, that had been kinda useless if it was just going to fling her parents at her instead.

she nods when he speaks again, not doubting it. she'd liked the matriarch and her white knight so the murmur to pass tenderly from charcoal lips was. "i believe hereven if that stubborn part of her mind continued to insist that an error had been made, that her family had died in that rockslide and this hope was foolish. she bites it back roughly, would it be that hard for something to go her way? yet her brain would simply have to flick back over the events that played out throughout the first year of her life to confirm that yes; it was difficult to have faith in things simply stepping in line to make her life somewhat easier. a little flustered, she blinks up at west; chiding herself for falling into these tangents that were in no way helpful to anyone. 

her smile widens at his initial exclamation, relief clear in the shine of her gaze. yet her jaw literally drops open at the rushed follow up- eyes comically wide as she blinks. never been outside of the territory? how on earth- she knew her constant need to be out exploring was more intense than most but still, she could not imagine anyone being content to spend the first year of their lives in the one place. her face is flushed with fascination as she regards him the way one might look at an alien that had just casually stepped from a massively intrusive ufo. okay she has...to stop, what were they talking about again? oh yes!  he looks a little fidgety and she grins a little, something about a boy as large as him seeming so flustered was...cute? the second the word floats into her line of thought, seeming to sit and jeer at her- she is no better than him as her ears sweep low at the heat to tingle throughout her. she didn't mean- well what else could she mean, cute only had one definition but like, not like that! she could've continued on arguing with herself like that for hours so she's glad when he speaks up once more. 

blinking with surprise, she shakes her head quickly- unable to resist the next words to tumble from her mouth. "i can't believe you've never left the territory like....how?she doesn't want to embarrass him but she's so bewildered as her head shakes wondrously. "i was like...3 months old i think the first time my parents brought us out and i struggled to wait that long. i mean i've always been more obsessed with everything outside the borders than anyone i know but still...she glances off absently to the distant borders of his pack, thinking of everything he hadn't gotten to see and almost buzzing at the prospect of getting to show some of it to him. "you are 100% coming with me, i can't wait to show you how much there is to see- you'll never be satisfied againshe smirks, it was a blessing and a curse. at least for her, each part of the lands she discovered only made her thirsty for more. rolling back her shoulders, she glanced back and added modestly "guess i can't judge though, im an awful hunter. my whole puphood i refused to partake in hunts, didn't like that we got to decide what prey died and blah blah. i got over that when i ended up alone because otherwise i would die and i was pretty pissed at the world for taking my family but im still pretty behind everyone my age"

sighing softly, she let her muscles relax enough to ease her back into a sitting position. it was easier to ignore the restlessness writhing throughout her like an agitated snake when she knew for definite that she was going to get out soon- and now no obstacles were left thanks to west. letting her lids fall half shut as she drank in the weak sunlight- she finally mumbled quietly "yea i'd love for you to accompany me west tyree"
"common" | "french"
Aaaa it's ok! I love Polaris sm

Never met her grandparents? Didn't she live with her family in her pack? He did have siblings somewhere else in the world, but he never really thought about the fact that they weren't coming back since they all seemed to visit, at least Ira did. Yeah, he lives here. So do my aunts and uncles, but I have a few siblings who left. Er...I guess most of them left actually. It's just me, Clay, Leta, and our older sister Arlette. The woodland boy tipped his head back as he tried tracing what family he knew of. There really were a lot of them, but he had always assumed that was normal. Easthollow was founded on family after all.

West was pulled out of his thoughts as Polaris declared her preference for "West Tyree". It seemed weird to him, but that's probably because his parents only really called him by both if he was in trouble. You think so? Something about the way she said it warmed him. It didn't feel like he was being chastised, no this was different, it felt...empowering. Yeah— Yeah! He puffed his chest as he straightened his posture with a new spark in his eyes, I'll stand for nothing less, it's West Tyree. His serious look melted away as he laughed genuinely for the first time around the dove, finally slipping into conversation with ease.

"My last name's Tonrar"

The woodland boy mumbled the name to himself as he tried to solidify it to memory. She claimed it was an ordinary surname so he didn't need to use it, but he wasn't quite sure what made it different. Was it the fact that she only had one? Why wouldn't you say it still? Then again people didn't call his grandpa Kove Apaata, just Kove. Not wanting to sound like an idiot, he'd keep that question to himself. It was unfortunate that Newt wasn't around, he'd probably know.

Polaris didn't respond as directly to West as he expected. Instead, she seemed to gawk like he just grew another pair of ears. He wanted to squirm under the silence of her stare but refused to budge. Instead, his tail flicked restlessly behind him.

"I can't believe you've never left the territory like....how?"

Oh, Gods, he was weird. 137% weird just like Charles. There was no recovering from this, even Newt left the territory and he was probably the one most likely to stay behind out of all of them. But it's not like he didn't want to leave! Just...things were complicated. Ever since Leta was attacked, their parents doubled down about even going near the borders and then Clay disappeared...it just didn't feel worth the strain he would cause on his mom for his own selfish gain. The woodland boy practically tuned out Polaris as she rambled on about her experience in the uncharted, it was over for him.

"you are 100% coming with me"

Wait what— His gaze snapped back to the dove in a flash, a fleeting moment of hope gripping his chest as she continued. She wants to show him past the borders? A smirk falls upon her lips and he can't stop the smile growing on his own. It's not until she finishes with his full name that his smile turns into a full-on grin, Really—?! I can teach you! I mean my mom's a lot better, but she thinks I have the potential to be just as good as her! I ah— I ate a lot as a kid he chuckled awkwardly before continuing We had a famine over the winter so I had to learn to feed myself basically. I felt bad that my parents kept giving me their shares. Finally, the boy's expression falters, albeit just for a second. It wasn't my choice to stay. I've wanted to explore since I was a kid, just circumstances, y'know?
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
i love west too ;-;

her head shakes, lustrous gaze alight with wonder at such an idea. family everywhere? it sounded delightful! "still...she muses as he explains that some had departed from the pack's warm clutch "that's pretty impressive. the only family in my pack were my parents and my sibings...i never even considered how many more could be out there...she blinks off into the far distance where the horizon blurred hazily, half expecting to see a row of various tonrar's approaching shoulder to shoulder. of course such a vision does not come true and she's brought back by the little query to chirp by her side. flicking her ears, her agreement is laughed forth; mischief flickering bright in the look she shoots him as he immerses himself fully in the power of claiming his own name. "yess! i don't know about west but nobody is gonna mess with west tyree!she rallied playfully, tail growing animated with the zestful energy coursing through her body. she felt lighter, clutching greedily to the easy banter as a warm smile delcared her delight at the laugh to rumble free from him. she hadn't even realised that he'd been holding back until he broke free from it and she joined him with her own lilting giggles.

sighing, she stretches out her neck so that the coarse breeze can tickle playfully at her neck whilst enjoying the slow unfurling of something bordering on content in her chest. all she had to do now was find her family and then, then perhaps things truly could work out. yet she couldn't stop her brain from springing far too many paces ahead with concerns that are far from reaching the spotlight. she should only be focusing on hoping that they really were alive but....skipping forth she'd already progressed to wonder why lainie had been here and kavik leading another pack? surely they hadn't simply...split? her face contorts a little, as if she'd tasted something sour whilst the word 'selfish' floated sneeringly to the surface. to think that they had each other and would still choose to separate...but she bites it back, silently cursing her inability to keep a leash on the activity of her mind. she didn't know anything about their situations, she needed to stop. 

she focuses on west once more, blinking rapidly to expel the disrguntled misgivings and following the little flicks of his tail a little absently. yet by the time he speaks once more her bright gaze is entirely transpicuous as her smile prowls daintily back upon angular features. now that she thinks about it, had she gone a little too full on with the whole 'you've never left the territory what the hell what---' thing? damn she really hopes she hadn't embarrassed him and then gotten so engrossed in her own issues that she failed to comprehend what any little ticks might've signified. oh well, he looked happy now so no harm done right? she nods enthusiastically "i don't doubt itshe purred, tone laced with good natured jest as she left it unknown as to whether she was referring to his abilities as a hunter or how much he ate. "but yes i would really appreciate that...as long as you promise not to make fun of me! i don't think you realise how quickly i can scatter all the nearby prey in an area- oh! and no birds, i er, don't like killing them. i dunno if that's a bit mean acting like it's okay to kill other animals and not them but uh..she trailed off, shrugging her shoulders and letting her own awkward laugh slip through. oh dear could she ramble, that certainly did not offer her many 'i swear i'm normal' points. 

yet her gaze softens when he seems to flicker into a more somber demeanour and guilt tickles at the fringes of her conscience. she shouldn't have been so quick to act like he'd announced that he lived on a strict diet of grass and berries. "of courseshe murmurs softly "i'm sorry i shouldn't have been so quick to judge on thatoh gosh awkward, nudging him lightly she moved on hastily before the mood could linger "but hey it's never too late, we'll have funplease let whatever we find out leave room for fun. after all finding out that her family actually were gone would definitely be rather anti climatic.
"common" | "french"
I lost my post for this so it's a bit short :'^) we can wrap this up if you want?

An embarrassed grin slipped onto his features as heat spread across his face. The dove threw jest at him and while he knew she likely meant his hunting skills, there was still the thought in the back of his mind that she might have been poking at his size once more. He was just big like his dad, there's nothing wrong with that! West had always been excited to be the largest of his siblings, it made him feel strong like he could protect everyone like Greyback. Funny how he never actually protected any of them...

"as long as you promise not to make fun of me!"

The woodland boy laughed again and wiped at eye, I can try, but if you deserve it I don't know if I can contain myself A sly grin crept upon his lips as he leaned forward, squirrels can be vicious you know? West swiped at the air as if he was brushing off the bird comment, Don't sweat it, they're a pain to hunt anyways. I usually watch the herds with my mom or take rabbits or something. If we're luckyyyy, we might be able to snag a doe.

It's ok. It probably was a little weird that he hadn't left, he certainly had the chance to. All of his siblings had been outside the territory after all and he hadn't seen Charles' brother in a while. But, yeah! I'm excited. As if it wasn't evident by the smile that refused to leave his face or his tail that hadn't missed a beat since the dove accepted his offer.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
sure thing! you can archive with your next post if you'd like?<3

her jaw falls ajar with faux offence at the tease to croon forth from her company, trilling back; "bold of you to grow so cocky, perhaps i was just trying to be modest and now when i prove to be a fabulous hunter you'll feel silly for such a remarkshe waggles her brows with mischief, tail whipping behind her; an animated blur. in reality she was as bad as she'd suggested but she wasn't going to ease him of any uncertainties now! "a doe...she echoes wondrously, unable to imagine bringing down such an animal with just the boy. her smile curls as she chirps "i'd say i've never attempted to bring down something that big but i no longer share my hunting secretsa little sigh slips free as she recalls the pack hunts she'd stubbornly refuse to take part in. she still didn't blame herself, deer were so pretty and innocent it made her feel weird to decide it was time for one to die. she wouldn't voice that though, aware that west was clearly fond of hunting and not wanting to make him doubt it down to her own weird views. she grinned a little, proud of such a considerate line of thought. 

stretching to roll fluidly into the grasp of twisting blades of grass, she wriggled onto her back and let pale paws cross over her chest as lazy eyes tracked the scattered movement of wispy clouds. she nodded in agreement at his declaration, humming softly "me too, it's so beautiful out thereher head twists to press her cheek into the earth so that she can focus on him again. "i don't know about you but i haven't seen a nice day like this in a while and i'm not letting it slip past without fully appreciating it and by that i mean...napping in itshe flashed a toothy grin before letting her whole body follow the earlier shift of her head so that she lay on her side, eyes still searching his. she wasn't really the napping type, it was difficult to manage when you constantly buzzed with such a restless energy but she was exhausted from the journey that had led her to the borders of this pack both mentally and physically. fighting back a yawn she mumbled sleepily "unless you've big important duties to get to you should join me too, i don't trust the sun not to sneak off again unless it's the height of summershe'd stretch out, lids slowly drifting down to claim her sight. she didn't know if he'd stay but she was surprised to find that she'd prefer if he did, she'd missed company in the trek between amethyst keep and here and was reluctant to give it up even temporarily just yet.
"common" | "french"
The dove spread out before him, rolling onto her back as her attention shifted to the sky. Her comment drove the male's head up as well to watch as the cloud rolled by. Sunlight had been few and far between so the weakened rays could also be appreciated by the woodland boy. West missed Polaris' shift in focus back to him, only catching her words that he took as a cue to leave. Rolling his shoulders, West prepared to get up when the girl continued with a jestful poke at his duties. It's true that he hadn't been doing anything before running into Polaris, but her suggestion sent a wave of heat through his body. She wanted to nap with him?

West finally tore his gaze down to meet the dove who was already getting settled to rest and found himself speechless with his paws rooted to the spot where he sat. Truthfully, he too was usually not one for naps, opting for any way to move his body and release what seemed like endless energy, but...one couldn't hurt right? His face flushed the longer he stared at the girl's resting form until he eventually tore his eyes away to avoid looking like a creep. The woodland boy lowered himself careful to keep their small distance as he sprawled out and let his own eye close. He could take a short rest, it would just be for a little bit.