Firefly Glen addict,
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
Desdemona does not leave the mountains too often, constantly guarding the edges of Moonspear, and diligantly making sure no intruders pass by. Though, the rain, never seemed to stop. Even in the mountain which was savored away from the possible flooding, she grew curious, if that possiibility was elsewhere.

Temporary stepping away from her duties, the guard stepped into the glen. It was night, and raining, there was no fireflies she could see, only endless, murky, mud.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Swamped was the glen, the rains persistent, strong, dangerous. Only every so often would it break only to come rushing down again harder then before, as though to mock those creatures down below.

Though the heavens opened up and the flood waters came, Vallkyrie was more determined then ever so tend to her duties as huntress. After all, new wolves were within her realm and with it, many more mouths to feed. 

She walked the darkness as both a shadow and wraith, her black topside keeping her well hidden and her white undersides slunk low to try to hide them as she slunk through the tall grasses. Though flatlands water sloshed past her ankles...the rabbits would have been flooded out from their burrows, but to where?
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona saw a figure, but low to the ground in a hunting-like crouch. She narrowed her eyes to the figure, and lifted herself to get closer, "This is Moonspear hunting ground," she said, to the other, "you are not permitted to hunt here." Movement across the land was one, but this was the mountain's ground for prey.

She was guarding it all, and warned the other.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
A voice, another wolf. Blown of whatever cover she may have had (unlikely in these slushy conditions) Vallkyrie rises to her full leggy height. Icy eyes fall hard on another woman, dark and slender all the same. Her prescene, her words, do not improve Vallkyrie's mood. 

As far as I'm aware, the Glen borders both Moonspear and Neverwinter Forest. Unless your saying the land right out our doorstep is claimed too? A slight pause. Nevermind that- don't bother. Go then, tell your leader. And she waits.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Moonspear has been here far longer then Neverwinter ever has," Desdemona replied matter-of-factly to the icey-gaze of the woman. The name was unheard of, and thus, a baby. She looked down at the dark wolf with her own forest-green eyes, a calm expression while replying so, "if needed to, I will prevent it going further."

It was a threat, and a warning. If she didn't cease her hunting, the spider was willing to personally, remove her from the glen. It was something that would be informed to Hydra on a later date.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"My parents do not have the time to be bothered by this," Osiris intoned as he strode to join Desdemona's side. He had been nearby when he heard his packmate and a stranger, and curiosity had diverted his previously intended path. Unsurprisingly, he was not happy with the situation that he had happened upon, but he was thankful that Desdemona had been able to intercept before him. Osiris stood tall despite the consistent rain, keeping his stare level. 

"This is not a fight you will win—" Osiris warned Vallkyrie, his voice edged with a growl. "—this glen has belonged to my family for generations, and I know that I am not the only one who will fight to keep it that way." He acknowledged his packmate with a side-longe glance; they were not alone in this fight. 

"Leave," Osiris commanded in his next breath, snapping the air in front of him. "Before I call the more backup."
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Last for me!

The woman was content to stake her claim to this part of the region and in all honesty Kyr had yet to ever hunt here, though had passed through many of time before given the fact that it took up much of the region south of their pack. She tisked, flicking her tail up as she did so. Fine, fine, I'll go. She grumbled, side stepping back as another wolf made his approach- a young wolf, a yearling, though tall as she and the first smokey female. Ain't worth your nagging nor the sticks up your asses none either- not in this mess. 

And so she did as she demanded, turning round with a hop and bounding off northward towards home.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona continued with a dominating stance, much unlike the usual nature she would take upon the guard. When Osiris came, she sunk back a bit to let him take reign of the situation. She wasn't one to properly lead situations as so, and only to prevent what is needed. Preferred the brawny part, then the brains, despite her size being more slick then of bulk.

With a silence, the panther watched the girl leave. A satisfaction rose within, despite the stoic nature she held.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Ain't worth your nagging nor the sticks up your asses none either- not in this mess." Vallkryie remarked—rather rudely, in Osiris' opinion. He snorted in reply, hyper-focusing his concentration on her. A response would have merited more trouble in this situation, and he knew that it wouldn't have been worth it—especially since she was leaving. 

When Osiris was certain that Vallkryie was gone, he turned to Desdemona. "Did you recognize her pack-scent?" he asked.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"No," she shook her head. It was hard to smell regardless due to the weather, but even if she could, Desdemona didn't know their pack. "She said she is from Neverwinter," a place she never heard of. The guard momentarily forgotten the fact she has had, in fact met them long ago. They came asking if the Moonspearians seen some wolves.. But that was long ago, and it slipped from her mind.

"Seems familiar."
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Neverwinter—somehow, the name was familiar. "I don't know them, either," he admitted, rattling his brain. "But, now I do—can't say I have the best impression of them," he supplemented with a flick of his tail.

"Have you run into many intruders here recently?" Osiris asked in his next breath, as he studied at their surroundings.  He hadn't run into much trouble, but he wasn't confident that Desdemona would report similarly.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She nodded in agreement, as many knew the glen has been claimed for Moonspear hunting ground for many seasons. Anyone who tried to say otherwise, was often met with rejection and scorn. She would treat the same, as it has been often marked by them. Occasional tourists were one, but wolves hunting was a different subject.

"No, I normally stay on the outskirts of the mountain." Even if intruders came to the glen, she wouldn't know too well. Most of her focus was on their main territory, but occasionally she wandered out. Very rare for Desdemona, however.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"So, today's trip is a rare one, hm?" Osiris quipped thoughtfully with a quirk of his brow. Now that he thought about it, it was odd that Desdemona was outside of Moonspear's claim—especially with the unprecedented rain. 

"What brought you out here today?" he asked, genuinely curious.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Yes." However she didn't manage to travel far, as the first time being out, she encountered a pack-wolf hunting on their lands. It was unfortunate outting, but also at least properly protected the Glen.

"I wanted to see how far this rain was. It hasn't stopped." Everywhere was murky, even now she could feel the mud between her toes. She couldn't seen an end to it.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"It hasn't," Osiris agreed, quieted with newfound concern. The rainfall had begun to pool—a phenomenon he had not experienced in his short life. "This isn't normal... is it?" he asked then, steading his words with a calming breath. 

Thankfully Moonspear had the advantage of elevation, but he couldn't help but wonder what would become of the glen if the rain continued to fall. They needed their hunting grounds, and the loss of their claim would be detrimental to the pack—Osiris was well aware of this.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"No." It'd be one thing if it rained a few days, but it seemed like this one lasted for weeks, and was constantly heavy. Now the lands were absolutely soaked, "It can be assumed some areas have flooded." And others, ruined. A wariness to Desdemona. They weren't too worried due to the mountain, but even then, there can be avalanches and mudslides that can happen.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Yeah," Osiris agreed with a nod. Although he had never been further than the glen, he could only assume that the surrounding territories were as water-logged. 

"I have no ideas of the dangers out there," Osiris mentioned after a pause, extending his pack-mate a side-long glance. "But I'd like to go with you and investigate—I don't think that it's a good idea to go alone." He'd join her if she were willing.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She paused, and sunk into thought, "Would this be a longer trip, or a day trip?" it was the question how far they would go. Desdemona would also like to investigate how much devastation this weather has caused, or maybe even if other packs have been affected. If it's all over, they could prepare for the worst.

Stocking up on prey and herbs seem ideal.

"But I wouldn't be opposed."
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I'm not sure," Osiris admitted, weighing the benefits and disadvantages of their expedition. "With the cubs becoming more independent, we may be able to be gone longer—" his tail flicked thoughtfully. Then, mid-sentence, another thought: 

"—how far were you thinking of going?" Osiris asked. After all, this had been her idea.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"There's a place i'd like to visit," Desdemona admitted, "It's over the mountains." While there was hesitation on wanting to go there, she also curious, and striving for a closure. She wanted to know who else lingered from Morningside, or if Sunny really did bring it back after all. She remembered that empty promise, and in the end, he never did come back after that day.

"It'd be a few days trip at most. I wanted to request Hydra, but never got around to it." She couldn't deny the thought lingered for a while, but never found the time to ask for it. She wasn't one to simply wander off, and come back like it never happened, permission was needed.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Desdemona's plan seemed reasonable to Osiris. "Yeah," he agreed. "We should get permission first." They were both valuable assets, and their absence would be noticed. "We can go to her once we have a game plan." 

Their description of their intended destination had been vague, and naturally, he was curious to know more about where they would be going. "So, where are we going?" Osiris asked with a quirked brow.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"Before I came here," she started, "I was with Morningside, so i'd like to visit their old claim." Though it was across the mountains, and to the valley. Quite a distance, and would take some time. She wondered if the trip should be after the rain, especially since how murky the wilds seemed to be. However she also wanted to see the extent of the downpour.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I see," Osiris acknowledged, intrigued. She had been a part of Moonspear for as long as he could remember—it was strange to know that her alliance had been different at some point of her life. "What was it like there?" Osiris asked then, genuinely curious.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"They were nice," she said with a nod, "but too nice." It was something at the time Desdemona deeply cherished about them, as it felt so different from her maiden pack, "everyone came and go as they pleased, causing their downfall." Morningside simply let everyone enter their ranks, regardless of intentions to stay or not. Everyone could leave as they go, and it was nice.

Until everyone eventually left. Desdemona came back one day, to an empty forest.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris frowned; he didn't understand packs that allowed their members to come and go as they pleased. "I'm not surprised to hear that they disbanded," he admitted with a snort. 

"We should think of our game plan," Osiris prompted after a pause, his gaze sweeping to survey the waterlogged glen. "Especially if we're also looking to see how far this storm goes." They would have to plan carefully, and anticipate delays.