Redsand Canyon I will not leave France without her.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Joining 

He had left behind his old friend and her games, intent on pursuing his own, playing the cards the way he wished. Traveling up mountains, the burn scars along his shoulders stretched with each high step. Up the slope, and looking over a ledge to the vibrant canyon that lay below. He smiled softly to himself, began to tread carefully down chosen slopes until a scent marker was found, and the smile fell away to his usual unreadable poker. He paused, tasted the air, and threw back his head, summoning whoever was in charge.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Well, the titaness wasn't at all in a leadership position, but she howled back and went to the male anyway. 
First two things that likely would be noticed - her immense size, and her snow-white coat. She held her tail with purpose and trotted up to the newcomer with fire in her gaze, planting herself little less than a few paces away from the brown male. Nyra studied him for a few moments before finally speaking 
"What brings you to our borders, stranger?" Her voice was lilting and smooth, much like a mistress. Nyra cupped her ears forward, giving her full attention to the male's answer.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Indeed, her white coat was the first thing noticed. Ken gulped down his disgust, knowing the sort of racism he was raised with was wrong, and yet unable to detach himself from it. A smile was offered, never a trace of his thoughts shown upon his face- she was white, so what? He slipped easily into character. Hey, Miss. Jus' passin' by, but as you can see- Here he paused to shift to the side, showing her his burn scars- I'm not exactly in top quality conditions. Was wonderin' if you got room for an extra- I'll make it worth you' while. Here the handsome yearling shot her a playful grin, but this was genuine: he could hunt, scout, read the stars, whatever act was necessary to pay back for the help of a little sanctuary and healing.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan hears a howl at his borders. He stops what he’s doing, solid stature frozen in time. All except ears and eyes. His auds cup and swivel each direction and yellow eyes akin to the sun burn along the horizon. A stranger has come to visit them this day. He’s much too eager to see who it is. 

All of a sudden he’s moving again. Like someone pushed the button to set time back on its imaginary course. He’s galloping through the heart of his canyon, to the source of the echo. He makes quick work of the distance between them and Donovan slowing himself into an assured saunter as he rolls up in the pair. One he recognizes, the other not so much.

His head is held high, tail tightly curled on his hips, and his canary hues scrutinize him. Trying to categorize him. Where’s this one from? He sidles closer and a smile is sneaking onto his maw as his eyes roam over his form shamelessly. Finally he’s speaks.

“Who are you?” He asks in a more conversational tone, casual.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra hears Donovan coming before he's at her side, asking the brown wolf a question she would've followed up with. 
Quickly, her tail lowered, but her tall, confident, proud stance stayed the same aside from that. 
Fire-gold eyes stayed burning on the newcomer, never leaving.
Health (100/100)
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Big fellow comes now, and Kendrick's gaze shifts away from the female and towards the dude, who he now assumes is head honcho. Good afternoon, Mista'. The name's Ken, an' I'm lookin' for a place to lay my head while I heal up from this shit. He turns again, as he had for the woman, a little demonstration of the burn scars that trailed down his shoulder and across his ribs. Back to facing forward, awkward grin. I'm no roach, guarantee it, so I can help whereva' you need me. 
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan smiles at the spontaneous Good afternoon, mista. that comes from him. His auds cupping towards the other to entertain his smooth voice and canary orbs shift over the wound as he turns to show him. He likes him. Hasn’t met him before. Doesn’t know who he is, but he can fuck with it.

Though it seems he only looks for safe passage here. Thankfully he submits his skill set to the pack; at least he’s not a freeloader. Though Donovan wants to see longevity if possible. If not then it can’t be helped. Either way, he’ll let him stay for now.

For a tense moment the brindled male tilts his head and critiques him. Not so much verbally as he does does stare at him. He contemplates on bated breath but finally sighs with a plain nod.

“Alright Ken,” he hums. “I’ll give you save passage with the Saints. Just know that we have enemies. We not a sweet little pack that revolves around niceties. We’re savage and willing to spill blood whenever the opportunity arises. If this doesn’t suit your fancy. Then I’d find another hideout. If it does, then welcome to the hunt, friend.” He ends dramatically with a devious smirk.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
assuming its chill to skip Nyra, but Liv feel free to message me if you want me to delete ^_^

The Saints, he calls it. Ken doesn't really care what this place is called; just needs his little sanctuary, but he still jots the name down on a notepad in his brain. So they had enemies- whatever. As long as his hide was safe he didn't really care, wasn't looking for a permanent home anyway- but luckily, this guy seemed pretty okay with the terms of Ken's offer. As long as the we that wished to spill blood didn't include the freshly-burned Kendrick, he was fine with it. Two-face, he'd been called a couple times back home- he switched sides almost daily, because in truth, the only side he was on was his own. For now he'd play this fellow's game, and then he would be back on his lonesome, finding entertainment in the acts he played. Today, he was the bloodthirsty warrior. 

No problem, Mista'. Thank you. So you gotta name? Kendrick laughed, falling into step beside Donovan if he might lead.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
not a problem! It's all good :) 

Nyra listened, watched, listened some more. 
Hearing Ken accept the terms the Grandmaster stated, she fell in behind the two males without a word, keeping her gaze on their surroundings, and never truly leaving Ken for longer than a few seconds. 
Given the chance and the reason, she'd rip him apart.
Something about the brown male here wasn't to be trusted. But, she'd play nice, albeit by her own rules.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
They begin walking, the hazel wood male coming to step next to him while Nyra stayed behind them. He almost wants to urge her beside Donovan on the opposite side, but takes to listening to this strangers questioning voice.

He gets a thanks and an inquiry of Donovan’s own name. For a moment, the brindled male forgot that he didn’t even introduce himself. “Donovan. Grandmaster of the Saints of the Dying Light.” Though the unease he feels radiating off of Nyra isn’t unnoticed. He’s suspicious of him as well. He’d be keeping a close eye on him. “You will be watched closely until your allegiance is proven. Unless you plan on healing and leaving that is. To which I cannot deny you, yet I expect to see you fight for us when you do heal if you do end up staying. The pack will test your skills.” He hums easily even though his words are stern.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Well, Donovan, pleasua' to meet you. He offered with the charming smile of a polite salesman. At the proposal that Ken would be watched closely, the man shrugged his shoulders casually. It didn't matter to him; he wasn't a spy, held no allegiance. The only thing they would have to worry about would be his exit, and even then- there was little use for him in any information gained here. It was just another pit stop. Plain and simple. That's fine by me, Don. Perfection. He uttered simply, cool gaze turned forward to the canyon again.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Donovan doesn’t trust easily, no matter how it may seem. This polite, silky voiced newcomer will be no different. He watches him carefully as if he’s a snack ready to strike. Could be a spy who knows. Donovan wouldn’t find out soon enough he’s sure. Still, he’s not unwilling to see potential. He’ll have to be tested.

They walk side by side and Donovan chuckles at his last sentence. “Perfection.” He almost scoffs, but it softened with his smooth laugh. “We’ll see how well you do, peaches.” 

With that he’d lead them off into the canyon. Perhaps he’d even show Ken around a little.