Firefly Glen starry eyed
201 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Formation 
p for @Osiris !

Leta could hardly believe it, but was thrilled all the same. Much as she loved Moonspear for its beauty and proximity to the stars, now she could have the best of both worlds through assisting in the founding of Firefly Glen. Moonspear still, she understood. It made sense; there were so many wolves upon Moonspear... and with what she knew was going on, well, Moonspear seemed proactive. In her short experience with them, Leta had come to see that Moonspear did not waste time. 

So, neither would she. 

After training some with Hydra in a brief lesson of self defense, she decided it was time to go straight to work; Leta eagerly set to marking the Glen more thoroughly, though throughout this task she also sought any traces of Mira, the missing cub. Hydra had brought her to the girls scent to recognize it, but Leta was no expert like the packs matriarch was in trailing. Still... she would do her best for the woman who had taken her in, and if she noticed it she could at least report back or see if she could find an end to it. Two birds, one stone. Leta would not waste her time, either, or the rest of those that believed in her.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Mira's sudden disappearance was concerning, and Osiris kept an eye out for any signs of her whereabouts. Since meeting with the Moonspearians that he had hand-picked to join him in Firefly Glen, he had kept to their newly-established claim, seeking to both fortify the borders and search for his sister. 

Osiris had been in the middle of a patrol when he spotted Leta in the distance, and upon spotting her, he changed his course. "Leta, hey!" Osiris called, his tail waving in greeting as he approached.
201 Posts
Ooc —
One ear backturned as sound was registered, but the hazel eyed Leta turned once she recognized the owner of that voice. Smiling already, Leta stopped midstride so that he could catch up to her. Osiris! she called in answer, tail doing little to hide her enthusiasm. Darting to meet him halfway, she sniffed at his chin to discern if he had met anyone new, or found anything of note (Mira, she wondered) once she was close enough. 

Turning to move so that she was beside him, Leta asked, any word on your sister? I've been looking, she asked and informed twofold, worry apparent in her voice. Leta knew well what Osiris would do for those he protected, having seen it with her own eyes... and imagined the rest of Moonspear would too. 

Could she do that? 

She wanted to think she could, but her heart blanched at the thought. Not that she thought it was wrong. It had to be done, or Osiris, he would have been killed... she would have been killed too. Who knew who else—and she could not help but think that Mira might be in some danger, what with the way of things as of late.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Once Osiris and Leta were near each other, they took a moment to exchange scents. He searched the various odors that had stuck onto her coat, noting almost instantly that she, too, lacked any sign of Mira. Osiris pulled back, disappointed. "No word so far," he reported in a quieted drawl, forcing a smile for her sake. "But she is strong—especially for her age. I'm sure she is keeping herself safe wherever she is," he couldn't bear to think otherwise. 

"I appreciate you looking out for her, too," Osiris added after a beat. "I'm going to keep looking for her, and continue to mark the territory, too," he decided, "Do you want to join me?"
201 Posts
Ooc —
Hearing him say that Mira was strong was a relief. Leta had not been, at that age—and even still she was not, she hated to admit. At risk of getting lost in her own head with such thoughts, she was all too glad to join Osiris in his venture instead. Of course, she answered unthinkingly, and without shame. She was always happy to be in his company, and always happy to help, too. Keeping herself busy with finding Mira would make her heart feel some peace too. 

She started by calling for the girl lowly, hoping @Mira could hear and know that she was being looked for. Maybe that might prompt her to return home to her mother, father, brothers and sisters. But Leta was also aware that there were forces out there that were likely keeping her from them... forces like the neighbors of Easthollow. Mira, if she had been like Leta, would likely already been dead. 

But with a mother like Hydra, and an aunt like Alya, and a brother like Osiris—these the wolves of the girls family she had met, thus far—and packmates like all those she knew to be in Moonspear... well, it was not so difficult to believe Osiris, even despite the girls age. 

So, how do you feel? About this? The Glen? she asked, wanting to know even while she searched for his sister if he was happy for this, at least.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris followed Leta's lead, calling out every so often for Mira in a low, drawled chuff as he watched the road ahead of them. He could only hope that she was nearby and could hear them, but the pragmaticism within him told him otherwise. 

When Leta spoke, Osiris kept his eyes ahead of them but turned an ear towards her. "I'm thrilled, actually," he admitted. There been little time for him to reflect on everything that had happened, and he was thankful for the opportunity to do so now. "I just feel like I've constantly been going since I spoke with my mom about it—but even that hasn't been bad at all." 

Curious, Osiris turned towards Leta. "What about you?" he asked. "What do you think about all of this?" Osiris was glad that she was here.
201 Posts
Ooc —
You're always constantly going, Leta observed with a smile, even at Moonspear. Your mother must have seen how deserving you are. She is a wise woman, her tail waved at that. As for how she felt? I'm happy. Happy that I can help and start this with you, happy that Moonspear really is making an effort to protect the Wilderness. Not just... not just talking about it, she admitted. It was easy to just dream of things... but this was more than that. And it makes me want to just... do more. Learn more. Be more of a help, really. 

With a flick of her ears, Leta danced forward. We should celebrate it, somehow, once things are all settled and established. Which I bet will be soon, she observed, sniffing at the grass. It smelled of Moonspear and those who had determined to join Osiris to aid the cause.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"She is wise," Osiris said in reply to Leta's observation; her compliments had caused his heart to begin to race, and he forewent speaking to them for now. "I can only hope that I'm making her proud down here," he added, voice softer as he glanced up at the looming mountainside for a brief note. 

Leta's statement caused Osiris nothing but delight. "I'm so happy that you're happy here," he said, following after her in a light-footed trot. "And you will learn more here, I'm sure," he added, "I'll help you every step of the way." 

"What do you think we should do?" he asked at her mention of celebration, bending down to sniff at the grass at his paws; he smelled nothing to cause alarm.
201 Posts
Ooc —
How can you not be? she had to ask, brows raising. You are accomplishing something with her. And quickly, too, she smiled. And it's so great that everyone was willing to jump in and help. It says something about... about the family. Our family. It makes me feel like family too, you know? Like... pack is family isn't just mumbo jumbo. We all... we all help each other. Easthollow, they are my family too, but all by blood you know? This is a family I get to choose, she added, and I would choose it again and again. The way you guys are there for each other... the way you fight for one another, without a question... she shook her head. It was remarkable, and so different from how she was raised. 

Easthollow would rather talk it out than use fangs. But she felt certain that if someone tried to kill her, well, Easthollow would react the same as Osiris. Had she the memory of it she would know that to be true. It was hard to really believe though; they were all so kind and caring. Had she ever seen her mother snarl? She only really remembered her father glowering, but not growling. @Clay was the growly one. 

She wondered how he was doing, and if he was okay out there. 

Uhm, wanna help me now, maybe? she asked, looking to him and remembering That Day. I... I was pretty useless then, she murmured. I feel like I made things worse, not better, even if her intentions were good, she had gotten in the way (she felt). 

As far as what they should do? A hunt, maybe, because that was a great way to bond, she felt.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris listened, humbled by Leta's praises. "You're right," he agreed. "We are making a lot of progress—I feel like we just started?" Technically, they had, but they were quickly getting closer to officially claiming the territory with their combined efforts; he was incredibly proud of the work that they had done so far. Leta went on to further express her familial feelings towards their group. "I would choose again and again for you to be apart of this family, too," he added, wanting to assure her that the feelings were mutual. She'd be his first choice for everything, always. 

When she asked for his help, he obliged immediately. He hadn't invested much of his thought surrounding That Day; he saw no reason to mourn the wicked. "You did what you could," he assured her, his voice soft. "You had only just started your training—I'm sure that guy had years of experience." Hesitantly, he took a step closer to her, wanting to comfort her. "You'll get there one day, and I will too," after all, he had barely managed to best Fallstag. 

"A hunt would be good," he agreed. "Yeah, we'll rally and hunt when we have officially formed."
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta felt the same way. But they were moving right along and things were going well, which was of little surprise to her given the nature of Moonspear. Definitely efficient. As he expressed his happiness for her being a part of his family, she could not help but make her own personal little spin on it and imagine that he meant it in an entirely different way than he said it. The notion surprised her, and she tripped—she did her best to play it off as though she had found an interesting scent, hoping he had missed that. 

Feeling warm even still, Leta shook out her furs and darted to his side. When he stepped nearer to her, she almost stepped away if only because of her recollection of Fallstag. But Osiris was slower and sweeter and definitively not Fallstag, and instead of freezing in place as she had Leta pressed up against him softly, searching for the support his frame offered for a beat. He said she would get there, but it was hard to believe. As far as him getting there... she withdrew to squint at him. I would say you at least did pretty well. You defended me, your home, yourself—you killed him, she breathed, not at all repulsed by it but not enjoying the relief she felt all the same. 

He would never hurt her again, or Osiris either. 

Glad he thought a hunt would be a good idea, Leta drifted forward and pawed at the earth to establish another scent marker. Looking back to him, Leta asked, what would you say... in fighting... is the best advice you've ever received? she wondered.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
When Leta tripped, Osiris noticed. He turned towards her, asking promptly: "Are you okay?" After a quick look-over, she seemed okay, but he wanted to make sure. 

What Osiris felt when Leta pressed against him was unlike anything he'd experienced previously. He was simultaneously thrilled and energized; it felt as though he could accomplish anything in that brief, fleeting moment. "It was close," he countered once she spoke, knowing that he could have easily died that day. "He could have easily killed me, had he not been so overcome with emotion." 

Leta then asked for the best fighting advice he'd been given, and Osiris recalled his countless lessons with Hydra. "You can learn a lot by watching your opponent," he began, "Fighters often have a certain style, and it is easy to best them once you figure it out." He lept away suddenly, and then spun 'round to face her and dropped into a play-bow. "You can try with me, if you want," he offered.
201 Posts
Ooc —
His question was met with a doeish blink. He had seen. Would her pride ever recover? Whatever of it she had left, anyway. Nodding but not responding verbally lest her voice break with shame or humiliation, she moved right along. As he spoke of emotion about the fight, Leta realized that was what had fueled her in that fight. She definitely could have died. How do you... take that out of it...? she wondered. Fear for his life, fear for hers, anger too... her bodys limbs had been animated with just that. No thinking at all. Just feeling. 

His advice was noted, though she was caught entirely by surprise when he spun to crouch in a play bow to the point she jumped away with a little oh! before laughing. It wasn't an unpleasant surprise, that he was so willing to teach her, and Leta fell into a playbow too. Fighting this minute, though, wasn't on her agenda—with a twinkle in her eye, Leta declared, well, how about you catch me first? before springing up and launching away. From her, there was nothing tactical about it; she just wanted to brush off her nerves for the lesson to come, and running often helped with that. Keeping to the borders so as to keep their scents there, Leta laughed along the way.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
You're on!" Osiris laughed in reply, lancing himself in Leta's direction to give chase. They raced adjacent to the territory's limits, spreading their scent all the while as they moved. Their game would last for some time, but eventually, he managed to catch her.

Once their game had ended, they began their lesson—which consumed a majority of their afternoon.