Moonsong Glacier kasuutiruk ‡
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
what good was any of this, for either of them? any time arcturus looked upon kukutux, he vividly felt and saw conflict. conflict of life and love, of duty and dreams. she was the walking portal to a world he would never have -- could never have -- and to glance upon that shimmering reflection of that distant, dual reality was to invited demons in.

he loosened a careful, long sigh. "no. what keeps me from moonspear was there the day i was born." before kukutux, before even his father and mother's death.. control kept him from moonspear.

he could sense in the duck a grave change. her face and lips quivered, and new energy distilled into her voice. "am i happy?" he felt a stir of anger against his breast -- why did she need to question his happiness? what about her own? how could she be happy, on that wretched and godforsaken rock? "i am happier now, than i was when i lived in your place." arcturus' voice regained some semblance of tranquility, though his tone remained hard. "but you are unhappy also. why? has not my sister given you a safe place to lay your head, a husband to share your bed -- and do you not have children, to warm your heart and home?" arcturus had none of that -- some by choice, some by fate -- and he could not conceal the subtle wound kukutux had delivered by questioning his own happiness when hers hung treacherously on the balance.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
kasuutiruk ‡ - by Kukutux - October 16, 2020, 12:55 PM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 06:41 PM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Kukutux - October 25, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Arcturus - October 28, 2020, 08:19 AM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Kukutux - October 28, 2020, 09:50 PM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Arcturus - November 03, 2020, 10:57 AM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Kukutux - November 03, 2020, 04:03 PM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Arcturus - November 18, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: kasuutiruk ‡ - by Kukutux - November 20, 2020, 04:17 PM