Firefly Glen dreaming
201 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Leta had taken to sleeping near to Osiris as of late. Since then, she had experienced no further nightmares. It was a particularly chilly night tonight, and Leta had already been in the fog of sleep. She was not awake when she stood to come right beside Osiris, nor sentient as she nosed him to make room for her before she slid down and snuggled up against him for additional worth. Satisfied, Leta seemed to fall into a deeper sleep... all the while unaware that she had moved at all. 

523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had noticed the nearness of Leta's sleeping spot as of late, and it intrigued him—but he tried not to dwell too much on it. The night that she had (unwittingly) decided to snuggle up to him was like any other; Osiris was out like a light and did not notice when Leta snuggled up next to him. They remained as she had positioned them through the night and into the morning, and he began to stir as the sun started to rise. 

Leta's scent filled his nose, and somebody was next to him; he had yet to put two and two together. He lifted his head, blinking sleep from his eyes, and quickly looked. When he realized who was beside him, his eyes grew wide, and his breath caught in his throat. Osiris wasn't sure what to do (or even knew how she got here), so all he could do for now was gawk.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta, on the other hand, still slept. When Osiris shifted into wakefulness, Leta kept on snoozing; his movement caused her to move her weight around, some, sweeping her muzzle right to where his head had been. The earth was warm there, and Leta sighed contentedly, unaware of Osiris and his internal dilemma as she pressed a little closer. 

Of all thing, it was her own snore that disrupted her peace. Hrm...hey.... b'quiet, she mumbled, not thinking herself the culprit. A deep inhale brought in the scent of pine and stone and several other things, and awareness crawled toward her... albeit at the pace of molasses. Her eyes were still closed as she just began to stir.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Hrm...hey.... b'quiet, s" Leta mumbled, still asleep. Osiris froze, his heart skipping several beats, as he watched her sidelong. Even if he knew that he hadn't disrupted her peace, he didn't want to do anything to wake her. He would stay as still as a statue for the time being.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Stirring, Leta yawned. She felt something different at her back, not a rock wall or tree... it had some more give, and was quite warm. Still somewhat in the vestiges of sleep, she rolled over on her back to face it. One eye opened to start, and then the next. Let it not be said that Leta was cute when she rose from sleep. Blinking the bleariness from her eyes, she saw Osiris there, frozen before her. 

... her brain seemed to not compute this for several drawn out seconds before she rose and jumped backward with a start. I am so sorry, she breathed, looking to the spot where she had slept to start and then following her own prints to where it was she arrived to. Her ears flattened atop her head as she looked to him, plainly guilty for disturbing his own nights rest. I... I didn't even realize, she breathed, absolutely mortified she had embarrassed herself. First of all, he now had no illusions about how cute she could be (read: NOT) when she woke, not with the dawn by the way—second of all... now he probably thought she was rude, taking up his own space. And he was her leader, too.

Uhm... did I... did I wake you? She asked, thinking, how did you sleep while I took over all the space??? a stupid question to start with.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
After the initial disturbance, Leta began to come-to. Osiris watched in silence as she woke, realizing just how cute she was; he blushed and looked away for a brief breath. It was almost too much for him to handle. After spotting her pawprints in the snow, she leaped to her paws and distanced herself with some steps backward when she realized what she had done. Osiris didn't like seeing Leta worry; truthfully, he hadn't minded her company. 

"You did," he replied, not wanting to lie to her. "But, it's alright, really," he added quickly, offering her a reassuring smile as his tail swept against the snow. "I ... didn't mind it," he admitted, his ears lowering as he felt a twinge of self-consciousness; sometimes, he was too forward for his own liking.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta's ears flicked upward to listen. Her thick furs kept her warm still, but she could not help but feel a little chillier for the absence of him thanks to the space she had created. Again, her ears flattened against her skull when he broke the news that she had woken him, but he was quick to forgive. Her tail wagged a little between her hocks to hear it, but Leta felt more than a little awkward in the moment. Enough to feel like she ought to get busy with something or other. Okay, she answered softly, believing him and relieved that at least he wasn't angry with her for it. Her cheeks felt warm, and she felt strange when she looked back to him. Not bad, but there was a new compulsion that caused her to smile. 

Well, uhm, I should go and check the caches or something, she remarked then, so... I will talk to you later... when she got over the fact that he had been up close and personal with her morning breath, which would probably be never. Hastily, and a little flustered for no good reason, Leta turned on her heel to depart the scene.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Leta was quick to retreat, leaving Osiris alone to stew in his thoughts. He was confused, and could not adequately grasp what had happened. His mulling was extensive, and when he could no longer take his thoughts, he went on a patrol to distract himself.