Ankyra Sound i burn my eyes to see through water
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
It took many, long hours to finally arrive at the Sound.  By the time she did, in fact, she was exhausted.  Thankfully, she had anticipated needing to camp here for the night.  She had hunted before she left the forest, having nearly gotten lost on her way here.  This territory wasn't easy to locate, despite having allegedly received directions on how to find it.  Natshana was no navigator, of course, which certainly didn't help her situation.  She found the place by sheer luck and determination, and she was content with that.

The sun was close to setting, and so she assumed she wouldn't get much sightseeing done by daylight.  That was all well and good because she preferred the cover of night as many of her kind did.  For the time being, she was quite satisfied with the view itself, and the overall feeling of this place.  It was otherworldly and somewhat haunting.  Something about it made her fur want to stand on end, yet she wasn't afraid in the slightest.  Swathed in the shadows of the titans that enclosed the space, she began to pad along the beach toward the sea.  The intensity of the silence (save for the tides many meters ahead of her) seemed to echo.  It was peaceful, and the sand felt largely untouched and soft beneath her paws.

@Rosalyn
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
gonna be a bit vague about things in general!

Now that Valravn was back with them,  Rosalyn no longer felt quite so pressing a need to comb the nearby territories.  That did not mean she was willing to grow idle, however; she'd found, over the years, keeping an eye out was never a bad idea.

As she passed it in the growing darkness, the pirate paused to gaze dispassionately down at the sound.  She did not miss it, despite the memories there; she'd never sorted out why others felt the attachment to it they had.  Little to offer but an expanse of sand and cliffs towering on all sides... waiting to descend.  

She narrowed her eye, however, when she caught a shape on the shore.  It was odd to see anyone haunting this place so late, and for a moment the cream took her back.  But clarity hit her as the neck and head revealed to be the same hue.  Not a ghost then.

You are out late.  Unless you live here?  Rosalyn asked, affably, though she didn't come much closer than necessary to see the woman's face in the gloom.  I was passing by, couldn't help but notice you here.  Thought I would ask if you were looking for something.  If she was planning to claim here, well... Erzulie may feel differently, but Rosalyn was not Drageda.  She would not use the high ground to prevent it so long as they kept to their own.
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
Natshana's fatigue meant that her awareness was flawed at best. Tack that onto her natural disadvantage, and she had no opportunity to hear Rosalyn's approach. Only the other wolf's voice pulled her from her reverie, causing her ears to swivel and her eyes to open wider. She turned her head, not anxious or scared, but curious. Certainly, she had been startled, but she was rather resigned to her fate, whatever it might be.

"I came searching for this place many days ago," she confessed with a tired albeit proud smile. "and I have just found it." Her answer likely provided the stranger with few, if any, real answers. A moment of consideration, and that thought did actually occur to the apothecary. She was asked if she was looking for something - a question that was indicative of authority of some kind. For a time, her brow furrowed a fraction, and she glanced with interest toward Rosalyn.

"I am sorry," Natshana began, her already accented voice made even more so in her tiredness. Speaking the common tongue when she could fall asleep the moment her head hit her nest was always a fun challenge. "Have I trespassed?" though she didn't appear meek or perturbed, there was concern in the undercurrents of her voice. She didn't like to purposefully spite wolves she didn't know for no good reason. It served no purpose. "I had intended to rest here for the night, sightsee, and then be on my way, but I will not stay here if the land is yours or someone else's."
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
What would you want with a place like this?  Rosalyn asked, not bothering to hide her feelings towards it in the tone of the response.  Then she shook her head and laughed once, a little stiffly.  I have no claim here.  Our home is north, but close enough for me to be curious when strangers are around.  It is good to know who is around.  And who is friendly, she added silently.  This woman was plainly tired, but she'd been cordial enough that Rosalyn had no need to get her back up.

She was still curious as to the answer to her first question, so lingered.  She did not have too much sympathy for the other's weariness... though if she'd told her to get lost, Rosalyn might have thought it not worth the trouble.
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
Though Natshana longed to react to Rosalyn's apparent opinion on their current location, she resisted the urge.  Her expression was still as untouched water on a pond, and just as a cool.  It seemed that she had unknowingly wandered too close to the other wolf's home.  Briefly, she gave a slow, single nod of her head in a gesture of apology.

"I am sorry to have caused any concern," she remarked shortly thereafter. "I am still new to this region, and so I am trying to explore outside of the places I have become familiar with.  I heard talk of this place, and it interested me.  I finally had the chance to try to find it a few sunrises ago." It was the truth, but it was in Rosalyn's paws whether or not to believe it.

"My name is Natshana. I assist the sick and injured in Yuèlóng. I meant no disrespect by coming here."
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
No concern, just interest, she returned easily.  Rosalyn had no possessiveness of this place and didn't  require the apologies, though she didn't turn them down.  Yuelong.  That is the pack further south, along the coast?  Run by...... the names.  They were gone.

She dismissed it; it wasn't important anyway, she knew this woman was not one of the sisters who they'd known.  We had a claim on this place once, but we've moved on.  It has a history.  But there are better ones.  She smiled, though she was again reminded of the sea witch's obsession with the sound.  Some kind of siren's call, apparently?