Firefly Glen don't run away, oh, stay with me
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Private 
Pre-bear!

West Tryee and Polaris's visit had been unexpected, and Osiris found himself seeking the latter the day after their arrival. He was eager to get to know Leta's brother and discuss matters that need to be vague (for now—for the sake of timelines). With a pep in his step, and a raccoon dangling from his jaws, Osiris followed West's scent trail.
A trip to the Glen. It was decided in the heat of the moment, just something to get away to clear their minds. He had responsibilities now in Easthollow, but his mom would understand...right? Besides... he needed to not dwell on the pain. He had Polaris now. A rock. A promise. Of course, he wanted to tell Leta and Polaris hadn't objected to coming. She always did love to travel, it was her after all who took him away from his home the first time.

He thought little of the invitation to stay for a while. He had visited once before, even if it was brief, though he was surprised to find their Alpha trotting his way. Osiris. It wasn't the first time he met him. The male had come to Easthollow once before, a close friend of Leta's. He gave a feeble nod of his head as he neared, casting only a side glance to the raccoon in his maw. Hey. Hunting good?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
When West came into view, Osiris carried on until they met halfway. He placed his quarry on the ground, his head lifting as his brother-in-law the other wolf spoke. "It is," he replied. Although Winter had only just begun, Firefly Glen had fared well so far. "I brought this for you," he offered next, nudging the prey closer. 

"After all, there's reason to celebrate," he elaborated, smiling. Osiris had many questions for West, but, for now, they could wait. "Congratulations!"
Oh— He was more than surprised by the offering even though it...was a big deal. Truthfully, compared to everything else this just felt...normal...right? Nothing had truly changed between them except for a title, but a grin managed to find its way through the gloom anyways, Thanks. I guess I hadn't really considered it. So much has happened lately I'm trying to just keep up honestly.

A paw reached out to pull the critter closer studying it for a moment before he spoke again, I guess this is just a temporary break. We'll have to go back at some point, sooner than later too. I'm supposed to be helpin' my mom out with the pack now. I think she wants me to take over one day. I dunno if I'm ready to do that though.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris nodded, understanding what West was saying. The last year had been tumultuous—especially for Easthollow. Firefly Glen had been lucky in that regard, as they had not suffered as much as their allies. "The last year has been ... something," he sympathized, "Hopefully this one will be better." 

"Take all the time that you need here," he offered, understanding the sense of duty that hindered their ability to stay longer. "That's right," he breathed, now remember that West had also been promoted; this year was already off to a good start, it seemed.

Although he didn't entirely understand the hesitation of taking over Easthollow, he tried to understand. "Well, it seems like you have already proven yourself to both your mother and your packmates," he observed. Leadership had come naturally to Osiris. "I'm sure you'll only become more capable as the seasons draw on," especially with Valette's aide. Then, as he could no longer ignore his curiosity, he asked, "Why don't you think you're ready?"
West couldn't help but let out an awkward chuckle in agreement. So much had happened over the last year it felt incredibly long. He only met Polaris in the summer... but it had felt like so much longer, almost as if he had always known her. Things had to be better this year though, he would make it so. This suffering that threatened to cling to him he would forever shake and make his own path. Something for the better, if not for him, then for Polaris.

Thanks, that...means a lot. Though honestly there was a part of him that could probably stay here forever. It wasn't long ago that he threatened to leave his home, find someplace else, and hopefully, drag the attention of Ursus along with his departure, but that was a life he could not live. I don't know about leading. I feel like some days I'm barely in control of myself, let alone a whole pack.

His mother's words rang in his head. No one would follow him if he didn't believe in himself. He couldn't let that weakness show, but Osiris wasn't his pack. He was an ally and an equally young leader. I fear I'll do the wrong things for Easthollow... a while back I messed up pretty bad and...well, I think our troubles with our neighbors stem from my actions. The witch. No matter how much he felt he was just, he never meant to take her life. Now Ursus wanted revenge and only time would tell how long that vengeance would burn bright.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris's and West's year had been similar in many ways. They had both taken upon more responsibilities within their respective packs, stepping up into positions of leadership. They had also found love—though   West had been the only one to commit. Time had seemed to simultaneously race and drag; it'd only been a handful of months since Osiris and Leta had met. They had instantly clicked, as though they were two links in fate's fickle chain. 

Somehow,  it felt like she had always been a part of his life. 

"Of course," Osiris replied; he wasn't one to compliment another out of obligation. West then elaborated his concerns, and Osiris began to understand. His own self-doubts about leading had been far and few in-between, but he could still relate. 

"Everybody makes mistakes," he offered bluntly, "What matters most is how you react to them." Nobody was perfect, and he had accepted this fact long ago.
The woodland man hummed under his breath. Osiris wasn't wrong, but that didn't change the consequences he had brought to Easthollow. How would people follow him if he only put his people in the way of danger? There was that woman who visited, Evelynn, but who knew when her pack would decide to act. If only he could deal with them once and for all, chase them from their land before they could do the same to Easthollow as that other pack. Then he could finally rest easy...

I'm afraid that no matter what I do won't fix this though, not unless I die or someone else. Ursus seems pretty intent on walking over us unless we move, but my mom doesn't want to...and I don't really blame her. I guess I'm just stuck. I don't wanna make anything worse, but I see no way to improve things either. truly nothing would change, especially this year if he couldn't find a solution. If West was left to take over completely he wouldn't settle for terrorizing attacks whenever Ursus had the gall to cross lines. And if he ever did have kids...well, he wouldn't want them to grow up in a place like that. He hoped that his own children could have nice childhood, similar to his own, minus the trouble.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
West's concerns were valid, and Osiris paused to consider his perspective. He quickly recognized his privilege and, suddenly, felt ill-equipped to respond. "Maybe neutrality is all you can do for now," he offered, looking to West with hope, "Until things die down, at least?"
Neutrality...was that even achievable at this point? It's true it's been a while since Ursus came to their door, but that didn't mean they weren't planning something or that they wouldn't be back eventually. What if they never stop though? I think they want...blood for blood. But they won't stop until someone's dead...maybe not even then.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
West made a good point. They were dealing with Ursus, after all. "Ursus is a threat to us all," Osrisi acknowledged as an idea began to form in his head. "Of course, I cannot make this decision alone ... but perhaps we can help." He would have to bring to Dirge and Hydra's attention; Easthollow was one of their allies. "When I am able to, whether you are here or back home, I will let you know how."

He licked his chops, pleased with the idea.
Really? West blinked with half surprise as a realization dawned upon him as well. Easthollow was too weak to deal with the bear wolves on their own, but Moonspear...the Glen? There was no way they could stand against three packs, right? Plus there was that woman— the one from the pack who already moved away from ursus' reach. They could actually fight back, drive them out, and maybe deal with them permanently...
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris nodded. It was all he could do for now. 

With nothing else to say, he diverted their conversation. "So, I have to ask," he began, reverting back to his prior curiosities, "How did you ask Polaris to be your mate?" There were many ways West could answer the question, and Osiris didn't realize this until after he had spoken; there was a chance that he would have to explain himself to get the information that he wanted.

He sucked in a breath then and shuffled in his seat, already overthinking the mistake that he had just made.
Well, at least he had something to bring home with him for his impromptu trip. Even if his mom was upset with him for leaving without a word, at least he would bring the strength of their allies...er...hopefully. An easy silence fell between the two before the other spoke up once more. It was almost funny to think about, really there had been no nervous build-up or really even a question in the first place...I guess I didn't really. An awkward chuckled slipped from him as he raised a leg to scratch his ear, It was mutual, we just felt this pull and we knew that we wanted to be together... They had both lost so much it just made sense.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"I guess I didn't really," West admitted. 

Osiris pressed his ears forward and perked, betraying his need to hide his interest. His mind began to race, and he felt his heartbeat elevate; how had West and Polaris known that it was mutual? Were things mutual between Leta and himself? 

"So ... you guys just admitted that you liked each other?" He assumed, shuffling awkwardly in his seat. Osiris couldn't even imagine how to approach that conversation with her.
Well to say they just knew was kinda wrong. They knew AFTER they had both confessed but, well that was a mess and a half. He chuckled nervously, shifting where he sat before finding his voice again, Well, we admitted we wanted to spend our lives together. We told each other we liked er loved each other before that. Should he even dip into that whole half argument half confession thing? It seemed kinda embarrassing to share, even now that things were ok.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
With more context, Osiris was able to further understand what had transpired between Polaris and West. There was still so much that he wanted to ask, but for the sake of his friend, he complied his questions to one, final question: 

"How did you get the confidence to tell her?" he asked, biting his lower lip nervously. Was it something the Easthollowian came by naturally? To explain the situation further, Osiris added: "There's somebody that I really like, but I'm not sure if she likes me back or just thinks that I'm a friend ... " 

He wasn't used to being unconfident; this was uncharted territory.
closing this up

Confidence? Oh man if only he knew. The wary laugh was perhaps too telling as he turned his stare to anything but Osiris, I wouldn't call it that...it was, um, not really a proud moment for me. We had a fight and I was scared of losing her, but I also felt like I had to leave and it just kinda came out? Eh...long story.

As if by some saving grace was keeping him from explaining further, a call echoed through the glen, all too chilling as both boys seemed to freeze. "BEAR ATTACK BEAR ATTACK BEAR ATTACK—" Osiris didn't even spare him a glance before he tore off, West quickly moving to his feet to follow.