This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
@Kynareth Deagon leadership thread #3! 

Another deer, two or three, in fact. Nyra is watching them closely from the thicker trees, and had just sent up a howl for her Grandmaster, gaze remaining on the ungulates in the more open area. They had looked around for a moment, but then went back to grazing over the lessening snow for twigs and other dead plants. 
The Harbinger licks her lips.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth shamelessly follows the Harbingers scent, his desire to be around her winning over his boredom. If he has to patrol he’d rather do it with a buddy.

Yet, he finds her doing something other than patrolling. Rather, she’s eyeing down some deer like she hasn’t eaten in weeks and it has him chuckling lowly. 

“Hungry, darling?” He asks rather suggestively, coming up beside and brushing against her.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra flicks her ears as he brushes against her, inquiry to her hunger in his usual suggestive tones. 
"Starving." She answers in a low rumble, "There appears to be three of them. So, there's more chance for success here. I suggest we take the one closest to us. She's favoring a back leg." Nyra dipped her muzzle to the female ungulate with a hind leg lifted some from the ground. 
"She's vulnerable and won't be as fast, of course. So, I'll take her from the front this time, if you don't mind making that leg of hers completely unusable." She grinned, moving forward a few steps with low, stalking posture, and a look at him. 

Are you ready? 
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He chuckles lowly at her first response and nods, agreeing with her statement that he too is starving. Then as Nyra delicately orders him to go for the deers injured hind leg he nods once more, shooting her a playful glance.

“Yes ma’am.” He rumbles back teasingly before moving to do just as she said. 

Crouching beside her he nods a I’m ready and then he’s off. Not taking any particular stealthy approach. His thick limbs start into a gallop then a full fledged sprint as he starts off the chase. Moving up behind the female deer and snapping at her hind leg he isn’t quite able to snatch it between his teeth just yet. He’d wait for Nyra to distract her before going in again.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He's off. 

The deer stumbles heavily in her attempt at escape from Donovan's teeth. The two others flee, leaving her behind. 
Nyra comes from the front, seemingly materializing from the snow (to the deer) due to her white pelt, she roars as she goes for the doe's throat, to which the chosen prey reared on her hind legs desperately. 

Now is Kyn's chance, and Nyra makes it known. 
"DO IT NOW!"
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Her large form moves into his field of vision and he knows it’s the right opportunity when she’s snatching up the doe’s throat. He nods once to her order and his jaw flexes as his teeth sink into the meat of her hind leg. Her form completely immobile from the brutes hanging off of her with murderous intent.

Slowly the deer would sink to the ground, breath ragged and chest heaving. Soon to never breath again.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Indeed, the doe did sink, collapsing hind-end first into the snow with a pitiful scream, cut off quickly as Nyra finds purchase on the throat of their prey, biting down hard and keeping hold as the deer's fighting spirit dwindles, soon to perish.
This would be a good meal, one they might be able to cache or later, too, if they didn't eat too much of her when she stopped breathing.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
We can probably close this up with your next post if you’d like! And count it towards your Overseer thread.

They take down the beast easily. With their combined weight and skill, the deer didn’t prove to be much work. Once the deers breathing ceases, kyn lets go and smirks to Nyra. 

“Good job, dear.” He hums pants smooth breaths into the cool air. “We’ll store whatever’s left in the cache.” 
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
sounds good to me! Thank you :>

She smiles to him with a mouth full of blood, releasing her hold on the deer's throat. At his commentary, she chuckles with a nod and begins to dine with him.
Health (100/100)