Dragoncrest Cliffs and be yourself my ally in love’s battle
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
946 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Throwing in my post right away only because I have time to write at the moment :) Keeping things vague in case anyone steps in

Excited by it all and ready for action, Njord was a bit oblivious to the discontent of Valravn and Chacal. He did, however, notice Merlin’s tentative gaze at the cold waves ahead. Njord poked him with his nose. “Perfect day for a swim, eh?” he jested. “Methinks you’ll regret callin’ me Seabiscuit!”

As Rosalyn stood at the starting line, the red-tail readied himself in the sand. They waited until all participants were ready to go (and if anyone would fill Valravn’s slot) as the crowd grew quiet. Njord shot winks to the wolf (or wolves) besides him and murmured, “g’luck, buckos!” before the last beat passed and Rosalyn cut the silence with her bark. BEGIN!

Okay I shall roll now… I rolled here. Hahaha no way, Njord got a 10!!

Njord sped off into the white water, diving without hesitation as his pointed chest cut the waves like a ship’s bow. He expertly paddled through the sea, strong and sure. His red tail acted like a rudder to keep his course true. Njord’s legs kicked in perfect synchronicity as the figure of Erzulie on the distance rock grew closer and closer. Today was his day – something just felt right.

He reached the stone and pivoted off its barnacled side with an olympian’s precision. The riptide tugged as him, but the man resisted with expert paddling. Truly, the Corten side of his bloodline shone through. It felt as if his family (Aegir, and Grandfather, included) were on the beach cheering him on, proud that Njord was a shining example of what an islander – a wolf of Meares Island – could be.

The frigid, biting water only electrified him as Njord careened back towards the shore. He could feel his body running hot as his lips puffed with big breaths, spewing spray of saltwater like a whale. The rest of Sapphique waited for him on the beach at the finish line. With great effort he increased speed in the last stretch. The other swimmers were lost to him in that moment – Njord’s focus was on the end goal. Eventually, he could feel the ocean’s bottom and pulled himself from the sea’s firm grip, charging onto the sand as he finished the race.

Side’s heaving from the effort, Njord’s head swung around to gauge the reaction of the pack and to find the position of the other contestants.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 03, 2021, 12:10 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 03, 2021, 12:33 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 03, 2021, 09:10 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 03, 2021, 01:35 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Kaskae - February 04, 2021, 03:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 05, 2021, 10:44 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 05, 2021, 11:55 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 13, 2021, 12:14 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 14, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 15, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 15, 2021, 04:36 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 15, 2021, 05:05 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 17, 2021, 09:40 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 20, 2021, 12:26 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Rosalyn - February 23, 2021, 12:17 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Njord - February 23, 2021, 10:02 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Kaskae - February 23, 2021, 11:29 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Chacal - February 23, 2021, 05:57 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 25, 2021, 07:25 AM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Haunt - February 25, 2021, 12:17 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Erzulie - February 25, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Val - February 26, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: and be yourself my ally in love’s battle - by Merlin - February 28, 2021, 03:32 PM