Dragoncrest Cliffs full heart, empty hands
318 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Erzulie if she’s home?<3

jorunn left the taiga, she left the willows. she left behind all the bitter men who had jaded her wayward adventures. in return, she was met with the smell of salty winds and the familiar cut of the cliffs, the coast.

she had not come back with a wayward daughter as she had wished she might, but she hoped she was welcomed all the same.

softly, she called out for the grief clutched sea mother.

erzulie.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
<3

two weeks to know if children would simmer to life in her belly once more. erzulie was vaguely regretful and turned her focus from it, completely to rosalyn. when she was not with her wife she was with her children, or searching the coastline close for any sign that mireille had arrived home.
the sound called her but she did not answer.
and now jorunn called her. erzulie was relieved and intrigued enough to attend, hope shoved down for pragmatism. still she was disappointed to see no flash of red beside the small woman. but her friendliness was clear as she waited for the confirmation.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
318 Posts
Ooc —
the sight of the sea mother was unmistakeable. nor did she miss how she was still greeted with friendliness despite coming up empty.

erzulie, soft spoken with a lowering of her head. i didn’t find her in the taiga but ah — how wrong it suddenly felt to be empty handed yet come to the door and ask for shelter, ask for a home.

i do not want to be out there anymore. bitter men pepper the lands. her features might have crinkled into what could be considered amusement. if you have room or want for me…
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie nodded. "you searched for her. dat is all i asked."
the seawife stood aside. jorunn had been accepted days ago. the obsidian welcomed her home, bound as they were now by the loss of her scarlet child. "once when anot'er pack ruled dis lan', my wife an' i were turned away at its gates for being injured. if you are willing to search for a child of de sea, den sapphique has a place for you."
318 Posts
Ooc —
jorunn could almost feel it.

as if the words erzulie spoke extended beyond just voice. how her heart swelled to be welcomed so wholly by the woman despite how jorunn felt as if she had failed. but such thoughts were whisked aside as she stepped into sapphique, one with it now.

i will continue, she assured in soft spoken tones despite the roughness of her accent.

it was just…i thought i had wanted to see more and go far, but sapphique called me back when i found myself worn.

she felt as if she had started to ramble and so she sheepishly allowed her eyes to wander. taking in what distance had kept hidden from her.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie shook her head. she walked alongside jorunn, setting a slower pace between the dark trunks of greatpine wildwood. here the cold was not so harsh, the wind not so brash. 
"sapphique be a place of women," she said quietly, her mind filling not with the faces of her daughters but her sons and njord. "we have always been supported by de men of de family."
rosalyn — "my wife an' i have raised fourteen children between us. mostly t'ose of our body, but not all." it was not a form of bragging. a pack existed only through the strength of its leadership to produce pups each year.
318 Posts
Ooc —
a place of woman.

there was, perhaps, some visible lifting of the spirits. intrigued and hungry to hear more of sapphique's land of women. only to be blessed with the knowledge that erzulie and her wife had reared fourteen children. but — ah, not all of their own body.

mmm, not of...yours? confused, but still curious with no judgement in tone.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"rosalyn an' i choose men inside de pack each year." she was moving not toward her den, but beyond, into the frozen meadow and its tunnel which would lead to their part of the ocean. "we shared two litters dis way. an' two grandchildren besides."
the last had been hers.
maybe she would be granted the same experience. she was not certain she wished it.
318 Posts
Ooc —
a meadow, the sea.

jorunn felt relief that she had slipped into sapphique, that she had left behind the harsh taiga, even if it might have reminded her of home.

two mothers, raised as one set of children between the wives. men from inside the pack used as...well, used she assumed. there was no mention of husbands.

oh but —

rosalyn? jorunn asked softly, a moment of pause for a response before she carried on. i have met her, she offered me sapphique too, but my heart was not ready back then.

are...wives common here? women taking women?

intrigued more than she might have cared to admit.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"it could be. for a time we had two men here who loved one anot'er." she thought indeed they had been lost to the storm, the same in which she had lost mireille. but she would not think of that now. would not grieve this thing now.
that jorunn had met rosalyn and been offered a place here meant that the woman was already favoured. "is dis somet'ing dat interests you?" erzulie asked, cutting past the shy fog into the direct heart of things.
318 Posts
Ooc —
her heart thrummed in a way no man had ever made it. not to say she didn't enjoy the men as well, asmodeus had certainly proven she did enough to return time and time but...this was different. discussions of wives and husbands. she had been told of marriage at home in the summit, but she had never been told all the ways one could marry.

yes, almost breathless and woozy with the thoughts that swirled in her mind and heart.

she might have stumbled onto more words and explanations but instead she remained sheepish but alight with feverish delight. how unbecoming.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie was amused. she had not seen the sheen of such sapphic transfixment since her early time in service. "we foun' quickly we only needed men for one t'ing. mostly all were happy only to provide it." but aningan had stayed a long while. 
and — "njord was de las' i chose. he has been — well, de kin' of man you hope to pick for a father." she smiled. it was easy to speak of him. his consistency had helped to unloop the choking wariness around men, at least in part.
but their chacal would inherit the pack. it was important to erzulie that the commitment of their ranks did not depend upon the whims of men.
she rolled her shoulders, letting out a small laugh.
318 Posts
Ooc —
her heart thumped wildly against her breast, as much of a wild woman as she was. it all made sense when laid out like this. some part of her felt so foolish to have not considered that there were...options. that when she looked upon a woman with loving eyes, she could make her a wife as well. not just husbands for grouping purposes.

she laughed warmly along with erzulie.

she thought of asmodeus.

will he do so again for you this year? perhaps inconsiderate to ask given all the circumstances, but they had landed on said topic.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie shook her head. "i cannot be his. his heart is ready to love someone as his own. a good man." she liked the way that the open fondness for njord remained with her now. 
"do you have a woman in mind, jorunn?" the obsidian asked directly. they had come out of the pines and now she led the woman in the plains across from the roja den, headed into the meadow that would be blue one day.
"will she join you here?"
318 Posts
Ooc —
the world around them opened wide like jorunn's heart.

if she could have blushed, she might have.

no, no. she sought to hush any ideas that she already had a wild running woman somewhere out in the wilds. i just...not taught of wives of wives. and i wonder who i missed, all the pretty faces i have seen who sung to my heart and—.

she laughed, shy and almost youthful once more.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie hummed in knowingness. "dat always be de tragedy. once you know, den you remember."
they had come to the tunnel, and she led jorunn into the darkness that stretched a time before opening to the guarded beach. the obsidian moved a stone from her path and ranged out with an easier sway of her body. the sea always brought peace. "i knew rosalyn was de one when i saw her." she turned her two-toned eyes upon the waves. "women know dese t'ings long before men."
318 Posts
Ooc —
could fade, could keep going <3

erzulie had known, apparently the magic of women was to know.

jorunn softened in the face of such romantic words and ideas. women like sugar plums dancing in her head. spotlight upon them as if somebody had just shown her what had always been there, in one way or another.

i hope if somebody knows when they look at me, they tell me. some soft brush of humor in her tone. as if she might be clueless to looks she gave or received.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
fade and have another? <3

erzulie gazed at jorunn a long moment, allowing her a small space of time to simply view the granite as one woman might look at another. "i do not t'ink dat you will be havin' trouble on dat front." 
delivered with a chuckle, a raise of her brow.
the obsidian looked toward the sea. "will you swim wid me, jorunn?"
318 Posts
Ooc —
yes pls <3

the sea breeze cooled what would have been a hot face otherwise.

of course, erzulie would need not ask twice — and although jorunn may have not gone as deep as the obsidian may have, she would find joy in the waves all the same.