Dragoncrest Cliffs you set me on fire
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
Private 
bluepeace meadow had been the healing site for coraline since her return. and still the daughter of the ocean had not become better. her body remained plagued by a hot malaise, one that ran rampant despite erzulie's best efforts.
when the obsidian could not be here, her wife was present, or one of last year's children. 
sapphique must expand beyond itself. 
today she brought something for the fever and for the pain, mind studiously avoiding the thought of what might come to pass —
"@Coraline," she said softly, nosing her daughter's forehead.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
80 Posts
Ooc — twin
the sea-girl had feigned strength until she could no longer. fever consumed her. coraline knew no peace, no rest in spite of her long confinement among the quiet beauty of the bluepeace meadow. she knew pain; fear; loneliness. she came alive only when her family visited her, and spent the time between languishing in agonized purgatory.

she thought often of the druids. the listener. the islands.

today her mother came to her with remedies, but coraline's mind was elsewhere. she seemed almost unaware of erzulie's presence until her soft voice and touch startled her mind back into the present. maman, seaglass eyes drifted, finding the medicines her mother had brought her. i want to learn about herbs.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
in spite of her predicament, coraline spoke. erzulie settled herself as close as she was able. "i can teach you dis," she assured, voice lighter than her heart felt. "what you be wantin' to learn about next?" she wondered if under other circumstances, coraline would have found the same path.
the obsidian pulled her mind from that point.
"maybe i can tell you about de t'ings i have brought today?" she suggested, not wanting her daughter to strain herself with questions.
80 Posts
Ooc — twin
coraline was grateful. her mother did not question her desire, nor the wisdom of choosing to pursue it in her present condition. what erzulie did not know, could not know, was that coraline's pursuit of this knowledge was only a means to an end. the sea-girl possessed no specialized skills to speak of, and this simply would not do.

she could not go to the druids with nothing to offer.

yes, i would like dat. an' de ot'er t'ings you be usin' to treat me, coraline's gaze shifted from erzulie to the herbs at her paws. she made herself smile. t'ank you, maman.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the obsidian nodded and began to unfold the bundle. "i be a medic; i can patch you in a battle but i am not a midwife or a healer for de longterm." she pushed the sea-poppy toward coraline. "too much of dat be stoppin' a heart. but just enough stills pain in de body. i use it wid dis," powdered purple kelp. "dis is good for many t'ings. for you i use it on your woun' an' you eat it also to heal what was bruised."
her anger was kindled against the attacker. erzulie paused to ensure that coraline gathered her instruction.