Panther Park Taxídi
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
For @Tamar <3 to write their journey back to Mereo. Also for anyone else who might be interested in Epoch! All are welcome. >w<

The Greek man had spent a few days preparing their departure from the vale and back to Mereo. He had traced the borders of their new home, had marked where it was weakest. He had sniffed out their caches to check for meat that might be wasted in their absence but found that they were not stocked well enough for such a worry. When he had finished his work, he had returned to his wife, and they had struck out for the canyon the next morning.

Arsenio walked with a cheery step. Each bounding leap forward gave him newfound energy. When he would return to Tamar, it was with a smile and sweet nuzzles.

We will not have much further to travel, my love. How fortunate that we are such close neighbors to Mereo. A smile lifted his features and glittered in his eyes.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
<3!

she was filled with delight.

but today was one of sickness. if her smile in return was earnest it was strained. if her eyes still shone her mouth was drawn. "aquene will have something to give me," she stated, exasperated.

"this is worth everything," she told him in the next, drifting closer to nuzzle beneath his taller chin. "if our children will be strong if i am ill, then i will do this."
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The redstone figure wanted to hurry to the canyon. His paws itched to cross the ground that stretched between them and Mereo. Glancing back over his shoulder, Arsenio could see that Tamar struggled with the trip and the sickness that had overcome her. He worried but did not know how he might assist her except to get to Aquene as swiftly as they could.

Turning, he brushed his cheek to his wife’s and gazed upon her with love and concern.

We will slow our walk, my love. Aquene will not go anywhere. Let us take our time so that you do not have to be ill and tired. Arsenio wished that he could take her sickness. It did not seem quite so fair that she would be burdened with carrying their young ones and that he was left to watch.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar hated to be this sick.

it slowed her. it turned their jaunty pace into something injured and ugly. she wanted to cry, and almost did as arsenio kissed her. the tears had no reason to show themselves and yet they were here all the same. she bit back a sniffle, frustrated.

"but i wanted to be there faster," she pouted, ears splaying. tamar turned and buried her forehead against his shoulder as they walked.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man supported her, swinging his head to plant kisses upon her snout. He understood the desire she had to arrive at Mereo. He was brimming with excitement. Arsenio was not sure the last time he had been filled with so much energy. He understood that they had good things to share with their friends in the canyon, but his worry for his wife exceeded the excitement he felt. He wanted her to be well when she offered her news to Aquene and Towhee.

Let me sing you a song, Tamar. It will help the time pass.

The redstone figure cleared his throat and drew his snout up to the air.

Óso zeis, lámpse,
Min échete kathólou thlípsi.
I zoí ypárchei móno gia lígo,
Kai o Chrónos apaiteí ton fóro tou.

When he had finished, he flashed her a pearly smile.
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He'd followed them more by happenstance than choice, curious of the vibrant red man until he saw the lady. They held a conversation between one-another which disinterested Mesa until the man began to sing; he hadn't heard anything like that, and was distracted enough to falter in his lurking.

He listened as he roamed, coming out from cover not far from where the pair stood, and realized he was exposed when he caught sight of the man's bright smile. It wasn't for him - the song, this moment - and so he averts his gaze immediately.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
she was filled with life.

arsenio's voice was rich. he transported to her a place of bright sun and turquoise waves. she did not know all the words but she knew him.

he kissed her. she kissed him back. and then she turned only to stop at once.

tamar stared incredulously.

there was a ragged man further down the path.

she drew herself to a full small height and then flicked her eyes to arsenio. what did her husband make of the stranger? the other wolf was not assuming, nor did he seek to threaten them.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Were it not for her gesture, Arsenio might have missed the pale stranger who followed from a distance. The man lifted his eyes to where the figure stood. He felt as though they had been intruded upon before realizing that they walked upon open grounds and would be prone to passersby. Perhaps he had not expected the silence to come from the peculiar individual.

A hailing chuff was made. Arsenio waved his tail to the stranger once in a show of friendliness. The redstone man did not expect the pale wolf to come to them. He only wanted to make sure that they were not quietly followed to the doorstep of Mereo. If this wolf had questions, he would address them. If they sought a place to stay, perhaps Epoch would be an interesting prospect.

Arsenio glanced toward Tamar to judge her reaction.
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
There was a moment where Mesa entertained the thought of leaving without a word, as that was his most commonplace act; he had been without company often enough throughout his short life, and he saw no reason to intrude now.

The woman was not afraid of him, though. She stood tall and stared his way. The man beside her was wary also, but friendly, and the invitation tugged at something deep within Mesa that had been forgotten.

He looked down the path which he had climbed, then back to where they stood, as if to debate within himself the merit of this moment; then he moved, and it was with a hunch to his shoulders rather than the usual predatory mien.

He passed a chuff to them both, eyeing the woman again in brief. The man drew his full attention: red-coated, with a prideful bearing. They smelled of one-another, and sand, and some bright spice of a scent Mesa had never noticed before on anyone except maybe his mother, which surprised him.

He would give them time to study him, if they wished. It did not occur to him to speak an introduction or any other word, and so he would stand before them like some kind of prized horse for inspection - which was admittedly, awkward for all involved.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
cool to fade this! <3

the man was silent.

he did not respond to their words, and soon he went away. she looked to arsenio.

"what sort of things should i teach, in epoch, husband?" husband. the word was sweet in her mouth.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The pale stranger seemed hesitant. Arsenio was not interested in pressuring the man to draw nearer. When the white wolf slipped away into the woods, the redstone mercenary followed the stranger’s path with his gaze and then fixed his sights on the beautiful features of his wife.

Arsenio smiled to her, pleased that she might ask such a question.

Oh… my love, I think you could teach anything. I wish for our children to be well-rounded. They will learn to keep things tidy, as you have done. I wish to learn the same from, if you will teach me. I have not missed the way you have so carefully tended to our home. The man smiled warmly to her. She was not a housekeeper in the eyes of the Greek man. She was a treasure and she was filled to the brim with valuable possibility. I had hoped that you might learn some of the healing arts from Aquene. Perhaps we could discuss this with her when we reach Mereo, hm?

They talked further of what would be taught at Epoch. It filled the time while they trekked toward the canyon.