Arrow Lake Follow Your Heart Little Child of The West Wind
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
All Welcome 
@Crowfeather if you have time love.

Red Russet Footpaws fell silently on the wet ground. Yellow eyes peered out of a scarred muzzle and he moved forward. He was a hunter, a hunter of the EmberShadow wolves. His father had taught him early on how to hunt, what to hunt, and how to survive. And he was still. His heart tightened painfully as he thought of his siblings, and his family. Mostly Thessalina. Sweet fawn colored Thessalina, his dear darling littermate. Wihout her he felt a bit hollow, but she had chosen love over him and he couldn't blame her. Despite that her mate could get carried away. 

Sandulf settled near the lake, brown and black head down to drink from the lake. Eyes on the area around. Rodyn was here, Virien was here, Aldeth was here. He had never met Aldeth, but Ro had told him of her. Ro was young when he had been chased away. So young. But he had remembered the little hunter well, he was proud of the life he had begun to build here.

He settled to his haunches, eyes on the horizon.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The song you used for the thread title is one of my favorites. <3

The dark figure had journeyed to the lake again, hoping that he might find the courage to test his luck in the waters. When he had arrived, he had gazed tiredly at the shore before splashing his paws in the cool of the waves until it reached his ankles. Crowfeather did not have the courage to test swimming. It would wait for another day, another journey to the shores of the lake.

Sunlight glinted off the surface. The shadow peered across the water and found himself catching sight of a figure. The stranger was stopping to drink from the edge of the lake. Crowfeather considered approaching, attempting conversation. He could not tell if the wolf would be friendly or fearsome, so he shifted nervously in the water.

A surprised chuff sounded his presence to the other figure. He felt his cheeks grow red from the sound of it, but he hoped that it might alert the stranger to his company.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
One of mine as well. Sandy is meant for your pack, but he is in moonglow presently. <3

A chuff swirled around him and he lifted his head. Intense yellow eyes fell upon the dark furred fellow and he moved with silent steps from his position around to where the other was. All the while, watching, waiting, wondering. 

Red footpaws stirred the dirt at each step. The  motes floated to settle around his darker fur. He tilted his head and spoke quietly. His voice soft, kind. 

Hello.

He looked to the water and then back to the other and gently dipped a footpaw in and then another and stood waiting, and cooling at the same time. One ear forward one ear back.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I am honored to have another Ardeth boy in my threadlog. I will happily accept anyone you might like to throw at me. >w< <3

The other wolf drew near and when he had gotten close enough, he offered a kindly greeting. The shadow dipped his snout to the other man. On such hot days, it was no surprise that there would be others in the area looking for the relief that the lake could provide. Crowfeather decided in that moment that his next home would have water so that they would not suffer in the heat of the summer sun.

Have you come to swim? the shadow called out to the man gently. The last woman he had met at the lake had been kind to him, as well. Crowfeather had begun to wonder if all the wolves to the east of the mesa were good of heart. He still had not met anyone like the Pharaoh. He did not hope to see another man who behaved in such a way.

Sloshing closer to the dark-furred stranger, Crowfeather found himself admiring the red paws that he had. The seer had never seen a wolf with red feet. It was a nice contrast to the blacks and browns that dominated his pelt.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
aww shucks. Thanks. I have so many Ardeth's lol. 

It was hot, indeed. Sandulf looked to the sky, eyes tracing a path along the clouds. The sun beating down on his autumn colored fur. He was not often a swimmer. Preferring the cooler shade of forest grove and the wading pools of rivers, but he would swim on occasion.

He shook his head. No. I stopped for a drink and it's so beautiful here. I decided to stay and watch for a time the goings on. You?

Sandulf had not met many wolves as of yet. But he was a wolf that preferred to keep to himself as it were anyway. Sandy had never been as personable as his siblings, especially the younger ones.

Sandulf tilted his paws forward, a gentle sigh working it's way from his throat. How do you fare today, stranger?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Well you can call me a fan >w< heheh.

The man explained that he had been traveling and had only stopped for a drink, but he had been so drawn in by the beauty of the lake that he had been compelled to stay there for a short time. The dark figure nodded his head in understanding. It seemed like a peaceful place to watch. The short time that Crowfeather had spent there had been fulfilling.

I had hoped that I might… try swimming.

The gold of his eyes shifted to the water. He felt shameful to admit that he was afraid, that he did not know if only three legs could support him wading out into the lake. It felt like a pitiful thing to say before someone who he had only just met.

I quite like the water. Where I am from, there is a sea that holds so still that the stars shine on its surface. When I was little, I would try to count as many of them as I could. He’d never gotten them all, though. Crowfeather wondered if the Starsea still glimmered as beautifully as it had when he had been a boy.

Do you live nearby? the shadow asked quietly of the other man, wondering if he had a home or family that missed him while he was away.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
I am a fan of teo charies too <3.

Sandulf took another momemt to look about him. It really was beautiful here, heart achingly so. He shifted and closed his eyes in pleasure for a moment.

Sandulf looked out to the water and dipp3d his head. Well you have a spotter ready made if you'd like me to keep an eye. 

Sandy didn't find him shameful, but rather brave. To lose a physical piece of oneself was painful mentally, emotionally, physically. Even to marr your hide it was.

Sandy shook his head. We had rivers, small lakes, creeks. The constant noise was both heavenly and hellish. At least to me. I prefer the stillness, the silence.

Sandy gave a half a sad smile. I live no where presently. I stay with the pwck who took in my brother, but that is his plwce to carve out a life. Not mine.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
What a kind offer… the stranger said that he would spot the dark figure, if he wished to attempt the swim. The young wolf was not sure that he could accept. Thinking of wading out until the ground gave way to water was frightening, daunting beyond anything he’d considered. Crowfeather pushed until he could feel the water lapping at his chest before he stopped. The shadow’s legs would not allow him to go further.

The man spoke of his home, saying that there was often running water. He said that he enjoyed the peace that came with quiet. He also mentioned that he was staying with his brother in a pack. Crowfeather’s ears pointed atop his head. He was curious to hear about that. Perhaps this man’s brother belonged to the Caldera or to Akashingo, as they were near.

Are you hoping to find one for yourself? Or do you enjoy wandering? Some were meant to journey, he’d found.

<333
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy kept a weather eye on the wolf with fur of shadow. Sandy moved to his feet and waved his plume behind him.

Sandy perked his ears forward. Liatened nicely. He gave a small smile. 

I'm amenable to my own pack. It would need to be a nice one. I'm not a fan of bullies and blowhards.

Sandy settled back to his haunches. And waited a gentle pant.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
With a nervous push of his remaining back leg, the dark figure floated out away from the secure footing of the shore. Fear bubbled up within him. He glanced back toward the other man, front legs churning swiftly beneath the surface of the water. His hind leg kicked and began to spin him in a circle – back to the safety of the ground. There was some relief in knowing that he might be destined to swim in circles, but he had found a way to test the water and returned with a small pant.

I- I have been thinking of making a home for myself in these parts. Well, not these parts exactly, but to the east. The dark figure’s gaze shifted eastward and lingered on the mountains. Somewhere peaceful, somewhere safe, where anyone who joins will feel that they have… a home. Crowfeather felt his cheeks grow hot again. He smiled softly at the other man.

Oh, I- I’m sorry I never- my name’s Crowfeather.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf kept a weather eye on his companion as he moved from thr shore into a gwntle, lazy circle. He looked good, like he'd get the hang of it soon.

the young male was back. A sheepish look on his gace, but also if Sandy was a betting wolf some relief. His would look3d fairly fresh. So he probably had a lot to get used too again.

Yea. Sounds good to me. You start a home you let me know. I'll see if its a good fit. Sounds like one. 

No need to apologize. I'm Sandulf Ardeth. But most just call me Sandy. Well met Crowfeather.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Okay… I will, Crowfeather agreed to Sandulf’s statement earnestly. His dark tail waved. The other man seemed kind and quiet. He appeared to like the peace of what the world offered and had a keen eye for natural beauty. Even in their short time chatting, the shadow did not feel that Sandulf was a dangerous individual.

Sandy, that’s a nice name. I would have thought you’d have been named for your fiery paws, Crowfeather motioned to the man’s russet stockings. A shy smile formed on his dark lips. The young seer had learned that there were many names in the world. None of them seemed to follow the convention that had been used in the Starsea. It was curious, but he was not opposed to learning about names that were unfamiliar to him. 

If you had been born in my home, they might have called you Firefoot. Or Sunchaser.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy shifted his weight. Eyes on Crowfeather with ernest gaze. Sandy liked to think he was peaceful. Not proud or violent. A hunter to his core.

Sandy smied, the brief grin lighting up his face and curling his scar. The names were nice. He was partial to sunchaser over the others.

Those are nice names. I'm partial to Sunchaser myself.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I like that one, too Crowfeather admitted softly.

The dark figure had always believed that his name was too simple. What was special about a crow’s feather? His brother had been Moonshadow, and it was as though their family had sealed their favorites in those names. It had been a terrible day when Crowfeather’s young brother had disappeared – not a trace in the world of the bright child.

Tell me about your brother’s pack. Is it nice? Do you like to visit him?

The shadow considered taking another spin in the water. His eyes shifted from Sandy to the lake before he settled on his company. It was better to offer his full attention. This man was kind and had willingly offered to chat for a short time. Crowfeather did not wish to squander that.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
It was a soft voice that  met his ears this time, and Sandy studied the wolf in front of him. There was a heaviness to him now. Something wrong as he looked inward onto something that probably left a bad taste in his mouth. Sandy knew that well. Had felt that way after leaving Thessalina. But it had needed done. 

Sandulf smiled at the mention of his little brother. Rodyn has found a place in a pack of hunters known as Moonglow. He seems happy there, planning a future and everything. I do not wish to stay where he is, not because i do not love him, but simply because he deserves his own space. I do not wish to encroach where his life will be. It seems. He took a breath, thinking. Distasteful.

The leaders there seem very kind. I have only met Moonwoman Kukutux, but she has told me of others and there are many children. It seems to be a healthy, kind pack. Perhaps you can make them allies, when you start your own path?

Sandy didn't know exactly what this wolf had planned, but he was alone and usually when alone a pack was on your mind to start. Especially young males full of life.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Moonglow seemed like a lovely place to Crowfeather. Familiar, he thought, though he could not be certain if it had been one of the packs they had visited in their journey – he and Germanicus. The most prominent of those had been Redhawk Caldera and Akashingo. The young shadow thought it admirable that a pack of hunters had found a home together and shared their skills with one another. He thought it like his homeland and the traditions of the Starsea.

Sandy did not seem to think that he had a place in such a nice home. He said that he wished for his brother to have a home where he could create a path for himself. The dark wolf studied him for a moment. He had never considered that kind of sacrifice in his life and it made him feel selfish in the depths of his heart.

That is… a very strong thing to do.

Crowfeather’s eyelids fluttered over the gold of his gaze.

I lost my brother when I was young. My sister joined another clan after he vanished. My father- he halted before he would let himself continue. His father had not been a good man and he had been hurt the most by the vanishing of his son. It’s hard to be without family. The shadow dipped his head and sloshed back to the shore where he let himself drip dry.

I would like to make them into allies. Do you think they would agree to a gathering, a place where we could all meet and share each other’s company?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Moonglow was a wonderful place. It was home for now, and Sandy would continue to think of it fondly after her left. If he left. He was planning too, but sometimes things happened and you didn't always get to do what you planned, but he had a hope to leave.

Sandy didn't see it as a sacrifice, he saw it as an act of love. He loved Rodyn, Rodyn deserved to make his own way, and did not need an elder brother watching over his shoulder, following what he did, or changing the order of things.

I find it easy. Not strong. I love him, so it is to me an act of love.

Sandy listened quietly with each word, his heart tightened a little more and his gaze grew more saddened.

Sandy offered a sad smile. Father's are a difficult subject no? Mine certainly is. Sandy shifted a finely boned shoulder as he moved, making himself more comfortable. 

Sandy chuckled. Yes they would. Moonwoman would say you. Young ones, hunters you come to my Ulaq we will share a meal. And then she will offer you dried venison sticks, and speak to you of anything you wish.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I think it’s strong, the young figure spoke softly.

Even an act of love could demonstrate strength, or so Crowfeather felt. He would like to believe that he had demonstrated several acts of love with Germanicus, but he knew that those were mostly fantasies that he had created in his mind. None of it had been true – none of it would move forward. The heaviness in his heart made him feel sick.

As Sandy went on to speak of someone called Moonwoman, the shadow listened closely. He could not help but smile at the words that were shared. She sounded like a welcoming spirit, someone who sought to make a home for those who would join her. Crowfeather hoped that he could do the same, if anyone would wish to join him.

Then, I would like to meet her very much. Maybe you could show me where Moonglow is located? I- I think it would be nice to meet your brother, too.

The seer paused, uncertain of himself. He did not know if it was acceptable to request a meeting with the family of a man he had only just met.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy offered him a smile and a dip of his muzzle. Glad to hear it.

Sandy was a loving kind of wolf. Had been for a long time. Put up with more than he should have, evident by the scar on his muzzle. From his sister's mate. He hadn't wished to cause her any sadness.

Sandy nodded. I'd be glad too, and I will introduce my brother to you as well if you so wish it.

Sandy shifted and lifted a downy head to study his friend. Do you have family or friends nearby?

He found he was curious about the wolf in front of him with dark fur, and sad eyes. He wondered about his missing limb, only briefly before he moved onto more important topics like family and friends.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Sandy was peculiar to Crowfeather. In many ways, the mysterious man reminded the shadow of Germanicus. He could see the same resolve beneath the stoic layer that sat on top. He could see there was depth to the other man’s eyes, things that built in that mixture of color. The young seer was nervous, but eager to learn more about his company.

I do… wish it, Crowfeather confirmed, dipping his snout downward in a nod. He would like to meet Sandy’s brother and the place where they had made their home. Even though Sandulf said that he would be there temporarily, the shadow wanted to see some of their practices.

When the man inquired about any friends or family that might be near, Crowfeather blushed. He wasn’t sure how to approach this subject without overloading Sandy. A great deal had happened to the dark young man since he had entered the Teekon Wilds.

I have no family… but I have some friends near, in the canyon. I could introduce you! He thought that was a lovely idea.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy was burdened by things more than other's. He has seen so many things even in his three years, that most would run away from. Some things had happened to him. Nothing incredibly terrible, but enough to know that life wasn't easy and no one had a free ride and if they did. Well their cart came tumbling down sometime.

Then we shall. I think you'll like Rodyn and Kukutux. They seem like your kind of people. Sandy didn't know that much about Crowfeather, but he seemed to hold some of the same things Rodyn and Moonwoman held dear.

Sandy nodded. I will be glad to meet them, then. I hope you will allow me to know more of you as well, Crowfeather.

Sandy smiled, his scar turned up in a unique way, his eyes bright.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark figure could not help but to smile at Sandy’s statement. He felt his toes grow warm with the tone that had been offered to him. Though they had only just met, Crowfeather was pleased to have found the man. Sandulf had given him hope – there were others out there who would not so easily cast aside the young seer. He could make friends and build relationships that were not with Germanicus. Though that pained him to realize, it was a bittersweet feeling.

Yes! Anything you wish to know about me… I will share, he agreed wholeheartedly.

Seeing the scar, Crowfeather inched closer. His eyes were drawn to it. He wondered how the scar from his missing leg must have looked to others.

Sandy… how- how did you get that scar? Was it in a battle?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy was a welcoming kind of fellow and would have had harsh words for anyone who hadn't treated the younger wolf with kindness. Though they were not bosom buddies, he could feel at his core that CrowFeather was a kind wolf. And he was not one that could do something harsh to another.

I will have to think of some questions now. That is a dangerous offer. Sandy jested quietly.

Sandy shifted and turned his muzzle closer to the light, the scar lighting up and tracing down his throat and into his fur.

I have a big family, but I have one litter mate, Thessalina. When we are 1.5 the males of our family are chased from pack lands by our father and bade not to return. I was lucky enough that my sister went with me. However.

Sandy swallowed and swayed for amoment. We met another wolf on our travels a Rommick. I didn't know him well, but he quickly grew possessive of Thess. And when she entered her first season. He took her with a force that was not needed.

Sandy swallowed and closed his eyes. When I questioned his ways and claimed my sister's honor had been tarnished, he set upon me. I couldn't win, not when Thess begged me to stop. So I did. She begged me to stay as well. So with bloody maw and broken spirit i agreed. But once we established the pack he wanted and my nephews and nieces were born, Rom set upon me again, and this time I Left. Though it was with Thess's blessing and Rom had started to treat her better. I only hope he continued.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Regret filled him, swallowing his rapidly beating heart in a single gulp.

Crowfeather should not have asked about the scar on the man’s face. It was personal and deep. As he spoke of the trauma that he had faced getting it, the shadow felt himself grow smaller. His eyes were wide upon Sandy’s features, unable to tell if he had caused the man to face trials from his past that he had hoped to bury away.

In all his life, Crowfeather could not imagine having to deal with such a terrible ordeal. He thought of his sister with sadness on his features. The young wolf knew that she would be making their family proud, that she was a true warrior to the clan and its members. If someone had- his heart clenched at the thought. He couldn’t let himself imagine it. He couldn’t let himself think of his sister being harmed by another.

I… I am so sorry, Sandy.

The shadow could feel his voice waver.

You’re very brave… there was a reverence to his tone.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy didn't mind speaking on his past, or even his Thess. He had loved her as all brother's love their sister's and perhaps his sister had been fine with the way she had been handled, some were. He just couldn't bear the pain he had heard from her that evening. He had not interrupted until the next day, and perhaps he should have left himself out of it. He would never know, but regret it he didn't.

Sandy shifted and shrugged a lean runner shoulder. Nonsense. I only did what a good brother did. And it's okay. It is in the past. It was a learning experience.

He shifted warm yellow eyes on the wolf in front of him. You would like Thessalina too, she is much more exuberant than I am. Very much my opposite in all ways.

Where do you plan to settle Crowfeather?

Do I need to change his group t pledged yet?