Lost Creek Hollow See if you don't end up un-broke
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The dark figure had followed a winding river path to the noise of a waterfall. It was there that he stopped to rest, to watch the comings and goings of birds as they rose out of the trees and swooped to the ground to pick at seeds.

When Crowfeather had regained some of his strength, he drank from the water and waded to his ankles. There was a cave opening near the waterfall that drew his eye. The brush around it concealed the entrance. The shadow was stiff as he sniffed at the mouth of the cave, scanning the darkness with wary wide eyes.

After gathering the courage to enter the cave, he followed its path to a large room. In that room there were glittering odd stones. He could see the sun peeking through an opening in the stone overhead – a large crack that had cleaved the cave open to the heavens. At the center, the sunlight spilled on the ground. Crowfeather sat here and listened to the waterfall outside.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Hope you don’t mind me throwing her in here!

She had been observing for a bit now. Watching the waterfall, seeing it tumble over its rocky edges in deep thunders. It reminded her, briefly, of the place in the Hinterlands she had seen for a moment, briefly, when trying to follow the path of Lane and the others.

In the end, however, Faun was just as lost as she was when she started. A lone young woman, struggling once more. This time, though, she had managed to keep herself somewhat fed, so her ribs did not peer through her coat so much. She still did not look healthy, but she looked better than she had.

The dark shape, however, was not something she had been expecting. Her eyes tracked it, helpless to do anything else, hunching down further into the grass in an attempt to hide. Like a fawn, though her coloring was off. Pink continued to watch, to wait, until the shape became lupine. Another wolf. Faun’s ears lifted, slowly. And when the figure vanished, she moved to her feet as fast as her paws could take her, eyes going comically wide. Where had they gone?

She skittered out of her cover, following the dark one as best she could without being spotted, slipping into the tunnel herself. She had to blink a fair few times to get her eyes to adjust, but when she did…

Oh… The sunlight spilling through, the water still dusting her pelt, this place was beautiful in many ways. It was only then she realized the sound she made did, in fact, carry, and she quickly folded one paw over her nose, eyes wide.

Doedapple speaks both French and English, though she prefers English
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I am so happy to write with you. I do not mind at all. <3

The young shadow had no idea that he was followed. If he had known, he might have shied away from the strange woman.

She had ventured into the cave with him, wrapped in shadow to conceal her form until a single sound fell from her lips and into the cavern. Crowfeather jumped with shock, sucking in a sharp breath to steady himself. He turned toward the noise with ears pointed atop his head. He thought it might have been Silvertongue who had followed him, but as his eyes eased into the darkness and the sunlight glittered off the stones within the cave, he saw that it was not his dear friend.

Hello, the seer’s voice was soft, bashful as it sounded in the cave.

Do you want to come closer?

Fear erupted in his stomach. Crowfeather swallowed at the lump in his throat, worried that he might come across too weak. The woman, though she was a stranger, was beautiful. The pink of her nose caught his eye and he found himself staring.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
He, for that’s who the dark shape had been, invited her closer. She blinked, once more, but she put her paw back down, slipping ever closer to the young man in front of her.

She stepped into the light, then, knowing she probably looked the part of horrendous rapscallion in the dark. Pink crinkled in a sheepish smile as she dipped her head.

Hello.. Shy and soft, barely more than a whisper, Faun dipped her head in greeting.

Apologies to just…come out of nowhere like that. I..I do not normally follow others like that. She bit her tongue, gently, to stop her rambling.

Im Faun. Even after all this time, the name tasted like a lie.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The woman stepped out of the shadows and the light fell on her soft features, highlighting the pink of her nose and the pale colors that journeyed up her face. Crowfeather blinked foolishly at her, surprised that someone so beautiful had simply appeared in the cave of stars. He wondered if Silvertongue would even believe him when he told her.

Her voice was as soft as her features. The tone of it filled the cave, airy and ethereal in its sound. If the shadow had not felt like a mangled and gangly thing before, he certainly did when he saw how full the woman’s coat was. She seemed concerned that he would be mad she had followed him. She said that it wasn’t something she commonly did. Crowfeather smiled softly to her.

Faun, he echoed quietly. I’m Crowfeather. I’m here with- he wanted to explain his relationship with Silvertongue, but realized that he didn’t know what they were. I’m here with my best friend, Silvertongue. We’re… we’re thinking about making this place our home. Are- Are you looking for somewhere to stay, Faun?
85 Posts
Ooc — box
A best friend, and the want for a home. She nodded seriously, still looking at the walls around her with a sense of awe. Her eyes returned to the dark young man in a flash when he offered a home.

Oui, I, yes! She scrambled, ears on a swivel back. Her tail brushed her legs as she leaned back, taking a second to inhale deeply, before rocking forwards again.

I am a medic.In trainingand midwife. I-I’m not very good at hunting, b-bu-but! I can learn, if that is required! She stammered, trying valiantly to keep from fidgeting as well as overwhelming the poor man with her rambling.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
They did not have someone who was set to be their healer. Crowfeather had considered it, not certain that he could gather a following at the helm of their little ship. It was hard to imagine anyone wanting to follow him. He could see the wolves who had pledged themselves to Germanicus, to the Pharaoh in Akashingo, even to his father back home, and Crowfeather understood why they had gathered a following. He knew that they were the picture of leadership – strong and fearless and dutiful. They were many other things too, of course.

Well, I think that if you were looking for a home… we would be pleased to have you. Healing is important. I know that your skills would be put to use. You are willing to learn how to hunt, and to defend?

The shadow hoped that she would say yes. She seemed kind underneath the bashfulness she wore.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Faun was a tragically delicate thing. She held back the sniffles as Crowfeather offered to her a home. Oh she’d had one, once upon a time, but both were gone now, ashes on the wind.

The deer like girl nodded.

Yes, yes that won’t be an issue. She was almost quavering when she spoke, though the edges of her lips curved into a smile. She looked about the place they were currently standing, taking a deep breath and letting out a gentle hum. It was drowned by the waterfall outside, but she didn’t mind.

If she was to stay, she was going to have to find herbs. Fast.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Faun said it wouldn’t be an issue.

Crowfeather could not help but to smile at her, tail waving. She had happened upon him by sheer chance and now she was willing to settle with them. The hollow would be her home, too. This was something that hadn’t truly sunk into the shadow. He was making a home for himself and others. The land would be theirs to protect and cherish.

Faun, we would be happy to have you. You’ll be safe here!

The shadow was not certain if this was an assurance for himself or for their new joiner. Faun seemed soft, timid. Crowfeather thought of the first time he had entered the new land on his own. He wondered how long she had been traveling, where she had come from. It was peculiar to think of others in that way – that they had complicated and long lives.

I think this cave is where we can dream with the stars. Where I am from, places like that are special. I can’t wait to see what it looks like at night. A small smile found his features. Come on, I’ll show you the rest of the hollow!
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Her tail began to wag, like a banner over her flanks as her face broke into a wide smile. Her ears swiveled to the sides, bashful yet joyful all at once. 

This is certainly a place for the dreamers. The dreamers, the lovers, whoever would step foot here to be enchanted like she was. Crowfeather offered to lead the way, and she was helpless but to agree with the smile still sat upon her features.

Lead the way!

Breathless, she would follow.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark figure was happy that she thought so.

Crowfeather wished that he could share his home with Tamar and Germanicus. He thought that they would find it beautiful. Well, Tamar would… after seeing where the silver eagle had made his home, the shadow could not be certain that the hollow would be appealing. Perhaps when they had formed the clan and had gathered some small joiners who might take joy in their home, Crowfeather thought he could invite Tamar for a visit.

Out into the wooded area, Crowfeather shared his favorite parts of the territory with Faun.

I smelled some mint this way, he shared with her, trotting toward the sharp-smelling plant. If she was interested in healing and herbs, he believed that Riverclan would be an abundant home for her.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
Her trot was swift, her tail bannered up behind her with a sharp curve at its end, like the sighthound she didn’t know she embodied. Faun was a quick mover, with a stumble and limp every now and again from the odd pins and needles. The scar on her leg, though it had healed quite well, had still been rather deep.

She followed the other young wolf, her eyes venturing around the hollow as they walked through it. Faun was snapped back to reality, however, when Crowfeather spoke of mint.

Oh! She quietly slipped past him, moving to the patch and dropping her head to inhale it.

Oh this will do wonderfully. I’m going to need to start collecting herbs as soon as I can for winter.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Faun’s excitement bubbled over, filling Crowfeather to the brim.

Things could be good again, he realized internally. He did not need the comforts of Germanicus. He did not need the promises that had been made between the two of them. The shadow had Silvertongue and Faun. He had Sandulf, and anyone else who might find their little hollow paradise. The dark figure did not need to worry about the things that had been said to him, once upon a time.

Maybe we should find you a place where you can stay. A den where you can keep all the herbs you might need, he offered her thoughtfully. Crowfeather’s tail flagged behind him. It was exciting to have someone who could heal in their midst.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
She carefully plucked the mint, going for the plants that were neither dying from the frost or young and seemingly just sprouting. She would be back for those later on.

Crowfeather, from somewhere behind her, offered to help her find a den, and she let out a pleased noise in response, lifting her head full of mint and nodding. She gently sat the stems down at her feet and gave a breathless agreement of a noise. The smell of the plant she had just plucked lingered in her nose and she gave a brief, short sneeze.

Especially with winter so soon. Perhaps a log would do, somewhere out there. She suggested, tipping her head towards the thicker parts of the forest.

I always get cold in winter, my fur stays fairly short for some reason. She shivered.

Last winter was something else. I think I almost froze some of my pawpads off!

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The shadow nodded his head, understanding. She suggested a log, somewhere in the thick of the woodland. Crowfeather wondered if she preferred the protection of the forest over the openness of the fields. She then mentioned that her coat didn’t thicken much in the colder seasons. Looking at her, she seemed only slightly different from the wolves that he had seen in the wilds. Gucci had been the oddest of them all and he had still made a place for himself.

I think I know of a good place with cover from the elements and space enough that you could make stocks, the shadow said. His voice was soft, but he hoped that he might be able to entice her into the thick foliage on a small adventure. It was near enough to one of the rivers that she would be able to collect herbs that grew around the water.

Helping to gather some of the mint, Crowfeather gestured with his muzzle and set off.
85 Posts
Ooc — box
The shadow man invited her on an adventure, and the autumn girl wasn’t one to turn it down. She swiftly followed, autumn breeze buffing the short furs of her coat, tail bobbing with the joyous relief that was still humming in her veins like sunshine.

She had somewhere to stay. Hidden away from the rest of the world, from anyone and anything who knew her before she had become Faun of the Hollow. She wasn’t the old her, not anymore. The name remained strange in her mouth, a mistranslation she had never quite thought about (she’d always meant fawn but she’d never quite known the word), but it was hers. It would do.

It had to.

Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather enjoyed the company that Faun offered him. She was soft with her words, polite. She followed him and became enthralled with the herbs that he revealed. The more excitement she felt for their stocks, the more the shadow came to life. He smiled openly, happy that she would find joy in the greenery that filled their hollow home.

What do you think so far?

The tripod glanced toward his companion, tail wavering. Faun was a good adventure friend, he thought. She made for an excellent companion. They weren’t far from the man’s goal. He knew of the perfect place in their territory, a fallen log that had hollowed out into a tunnel. It led into a large hole in the ground. Crowfeather could smell the woody aroma from where they stood.