Moonspear rosehips
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
949 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
If others arrived, Njord would regard them with a warm smile – thankful for this new blessing and the support of their pack.

But in the end, sea-colored his gaze would be stolen away, time and time again –  completely entranced by the two little blessings mewling at his wife’s breast.

And when their mother conjured a name, Njord blinked. “Ye ken tha sea wolf?” The coastal man was both impressed and surprised. Though the wounds Sapphique had scoured in their heat still stung, a large piece of Njord – and of their sons – would forever belong to the sea. He would have never thought to propose such a name, knowing Meerkat’s sentiments… but a part of him was glad. Touched.

“Tis’ a braw name,” he agreed. “Our Orca…” he tested. The small smirk of his lips telegraphed the father’s delight. “Welcome to tha world, wee one…”

As if not to be ignored, the other pup suddenly chirped in protest.

I am here! And I must be named!

Njord sighed a breathless laugh, amused by their daughter’s vigor.

“Then we must name this one Seal,” he recommended with a mischievous look. “Her dusky fur looks jus’ like one… a powerful an’ swift creature who dances tha wheel o’ life with sister Orca.” The duality of their name was not lost on him. “An’ sometimes… a seal ventures away from its ocean onto land an’ becomes a selkie.” Much like their journey to Moonspear.

Njord kissed Meerkat’s cheek. Alaric’s scent was nearby. Sialuk was close. All was well. And he was happy.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
rosehips - by Meerkat - March 08, 2023, 01:15 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 08, 2023, 10:48 PM
RE: rosehips - by Seal - March 08, 2023, 10:57 PM
RE: rosehips - by Orca II - March 09, 2023, 10:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Sialuk - March 11, 2023, 11:55 AM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 13, 2023, 09:18 AM
RE: rosehips - by Alaric - March 17, 2023, 05:16 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 19, 2023, 09:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 27, 2023, 01:35 PM