Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Joining 
Quote:Anyone from SweetHarbor. 
@Simeon

After John had been placed in this strange new territory, he had traveled many miles, despite not having any guidance. But the Lord had a plan for him, and the lord delivered him to this land safely. By the time the sun was lowering in the sky, he arrived at an ocean shore, a bay. Straight out was an island, with birds soaring like eagles over the tree line. 

The tide was falling, and just barely there was a small area of sand rising out of the water. He knew this would grant him access to the island, but his paws were tired and sore, he was weary. With that, he laid down, resting his head on the sand. He closed his eyes…. Just for a little bit.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)
By the witness of the martyrs
By the passion and the blood
God has raised you out of darkness
I have bought your soul for God

{Bishop Myriel, Les Miserables}
(Most Thread titles taken from Les Miserables)
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A strange man lay at the end of the land bridge.

Simeon knew he shouldn’t be crossing. He knew the rules Ami and papa had put in place, and he knew they meant to protect him. But the boy’s curiosity drove him seaward. Wolves came ashore by this strange way — he had seen it when Uncle Ev had seemingly walked the waters, like he was some prophet! Until Simeon had seen the tides push a stretch of sand into view, and those images dimmed a little — though didn’t disappear altogether.

He’d found himself alone today. The adults were probably busy, and after looking this way and that, he had crossed the way, a pup too small to swim, knowing in his soul he would make his parents worry, that he would make God sad… but oh! Knowing in his heart he so desperately wanted to see.

And a little look couldn’t hurt him, right?

How could this be so wrong?

But now, saltwater tickled his toes. Too far away from the island to turn back, Simeon tried to act casual, until the water tickled his belly. Oh! He bolted for the mainland in a splashing run — headed straight for the stranger at the edge of their ocean.
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
205 Posts
Ooc — Twin
have a dinah! hope u don't mind <3

Slowly, ever so slowly, Dinah became more of herself again. The days blended together, and the darklings became less of a fright; though she was still wary of all but one.
And more and more confident she became! Each day, she strayed further from the den, lingered in it less and less!
Today, there is a noticeable silence in the place of Simeon. A missing brother-shape both in the den and outside of it, and this made her nervous; he was not usually so far. She'd searched the foothills outside of the den, the nearest shore, and he was nowhere to be found!
A panic began to surge throughout her little body. She should have, perhaps, alerted Mama or Daddy, but in her mind, they were traitors who she did not need. And so she goes on her search alone. Down, down, down, winding paths that lead her closer and closer to the seaside, and she approaches something she had never seen before: a landbridge.

Up until this point, she had kind of assumed everyone that came and went like Gramma Towhee, the redwoman; even the darklings, had simply lived on a different part of the island. But this!
She wobbles closer to it, and faintly, she can see the outline of fog-laden trees in the background. There is more land?
But that had all been yanked from her focus when she'd realized Simeon was here, and headed for a pale man she had never seen before.

Sim! Simeon! She all but hollers, frantically waving a paw to him; What are you doing?!
She is quick to scamper and splash after him, even as the water cools her underbelly and floods her paws up to her wrists. Who is that?
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Quote:Here comes blessed trouble. ;) 
I apologize for the late reply, I’ve been playing parent with my little cousin who’s visiting. 

Something had urged John to wake from his restful state, the distant sound of splashing, and voices. He opened his eyes, but remain in his laying position, all but limiting his head. In front of him, two small wolves, pups by the look of it. “Greetings, young ones. Come to me.” He called out and smiled. Finally, he had been blessed with the presence of another being.

Active weekdays: Monday, Saturday, Sunday — Most evenings (Pacific Standard Time)

I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
47 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Dee?! forget what he was doing — what was she doing here! A sudden flare of panic rose up in his throat and he rounded until he could run beside her, even if it meant the saltwater splashed higher up his little puppy legs.

He ignored her first question. I dunno! he gasped to her as they braved the sea together now. One look over his shoulder — he couldn’t even see the land bridge anymore, and the island felt so far away. I don’ think we can make it back to the island, jus keep running!

The strange man had to be better than getting sucked out to sea — something Simeon hadn’t even thought about when he’d first begun his crawl across and the sandbar. But now, when danger sounded alarm bells and he saw the face of his sister in the same sinking boat, he realized the waves would swallow her, too.

Already they reached their shoulders, but Simeon wouldn’t leave his sister’s side.
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
205 Posts
Ooc — Twin
uh oh!

The current is strong, and Dinah's grip on the ground is fragile. But her pace is steady, powerful for such a young girl, and before long she is parallel to her brother. Simeon! Hang on! She wanted to panic, wanted to scream and drop to the ground, but instinct overrules fear.
Turning her gaze to the stranger, her adrenaline turns to anger, and with furrowed brows, she shouts: Are you jus' gonna sit there, bighead?! Help him! Help! Help!
The tears are hot and salty and before long she cannot tell the difference between them and the wildwater that brushes at her cheeks, weighs her down. She stumbles, and perhaps she should have taken that as a warning.
Hop, hop, hop, and soon enough she's almost brushing against Simeon's flank! She reaches—
And that was her biggest mistake.
Slipping forward, her head is undertaken by the waves and her eyes and nose and throat sting with the fury of the water. She tries to scream, but it is muffled, and she can't see, can't hear, can't breathe;
God, O Heavenly Father, please forgive me
She is helpless. She squeezes her eyes shut and thrashes wildly and the last anyone would see of her little russet form before it is swept under is a paw that begs for salvation. 
Rivenwood
Ash
His Reverence
117 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The two young pups were crossing to where he lay, but then the peace was broken. The water was rough for their small bodies to handle, and without a second chance, they were at the mercy of the waves. “Lord, please keep them safe until I May reach them.” He prayed, and then ran for the water.

The salt water rose to to the middle of his legs, he had an advantage. As soon as he approached where the pups were being thrashed around, he lunged to grab the smallest russet one by the scruff. “Hold onto my back!” He shouted. Once she had a firm grip, most likely biting his scruff, he jumped to reach the eldest. He had almost missed him, but the Lord wouldn’t let these children die, at least not today. With a second lunged, he scooped him up in his jaws. Again, he bolted to the other side of the bridge…. Wheeling Gull isle. 

He sat them down, attempting to lick them dry. “You children are not lucky, but blessed.” He spoke gently.