Moonspear i thought i needed a hug, but i really just needed pancakes
Moonspear
Child
135 Posts
Ooc — metic
All Welcome 
it was with great fury that the boy descended the mountain with a roaring shout. he tripped over pearly paws while in hot pursuit of a thief. yes, a thief! some squirrel had gone and stollen the branches decorated around his fort. he'd caught the raider red-handed and had quickly given chase to reclaim his twigs. 

round and round they went around a tree, squirrel eventually climbing up to a low hanging branch where it sat and smirked at it's victory. acrux wouldn't quit though, as he was determined to have vengeance for the loss of his hard work. he yapped and yapped at the furry bushy-tailed bandit until eventually his voice became hoarse. he then opted to sit at the base of the tree and wait out the rodent, neck craned upwards and eyes glued to focus on his adversary.
"atkan aleut"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
As he finished a patrol, Njord heard a commotion near Sialuk and Elentari’s Ulaq. The incessant puppy barking wasn’t the high-pitched call of distress, and so the man’s ears cupped forward with curiosity.

He saw the young silver boy, named Acrux, treeing something like a hound on a raccoon. The boy was already eight weeks old and full of vinegar. How had the time gone by so fast already?

“Woah there, lad,” Njord chuffed a laugh. “What do ye see?”
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Child
135 Posts
Ooc — metic
the squirrel continued to tease and chatter along it's perch, eventually releasing one of the branches to send it flying towards the boy. it collided atop his grayscale head with a thunk, and acrux staggered backwards while lifting a paw to rub where the twig had struck him. what a jerk this squirrel was!

he let a puppy growl scratch it's way up from the pit of his chest just as the voice of njord caught his attention. "a thief!" he answered with a nod towards the bushy-tailed bandit. "an' a meanie one too," he let out as he proceeded to look upwards and stick his tongue out in a mocking manner towards the rude rodent.
"atkan aleut"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord did his best to hold back a laugh when the squirrel’s air strike hit Acrux square on the head.

“Och, what a troublesome fellow!” the Elder agreed as he watched the squirrel angrily whip its fluffy tail around. “What did he take from ye?” Njord asked.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Child
135 Posts
Ooc — metic
where the elder might have felt amusement, the boy felt only irritation. stealing was not nice, didn't this squirrel learn any better? "my sticks," the babe answered to the older man, though did not take his sights off of the furry-tailed bandit. 

the rodent, completely unfazed and likely enjoying the child's torment, remained where it was. chatter in the sound of a squirrel's laughter erupted as another stick was launched towards the wolves. acrux quickly scooted himself out of the way, though could only manage a half warning in the form of, "look ou-," before the stick collided with something and the sound of a thunk made the noise go silent.
"atkan aleut"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
“Yer sticks, eh?” The elder mused. That was serious business! Why Acrux needed sticks, the man did not know - but the reason mattered not. Njord would have his back.

Then, suddenly, the daft rodent launched a missile right at them!

Maybe a better teacher would have advised a more peaceful solution, like suggesting the squirrel needed sticks to build its winter nest. However, Njord was a rough-edged man. Tenderhearted, yes, but a man all the same.

“Oi, Cuir stad!” He jeered at the squirrel.

It certainly picked a dangerous fight. Njord coiled and sprang into the air, teeth aimed for the low branch.

Moonspear
Child
135 Posts
Ooc — metic
njord finally seemed to understand the urgency of the situation and acrux gave a few nods in response to the mention of his sticks. the terrible stick thief must be vanquished! the boy watched with wide eyes as the older man positioned himself to spring toward the low branch harboring the fiend. 

as njord sprung upwards and shouted something the boy did not understand, acrux raised his paws as if throwing punches towards the rodent. "get 'em!" he shouted with encouragement, hopeful the man could scare the furry little beast away and rescue his sticks.
"atkan aleut"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord jumped so sign, that he managed to get a good grip on the exact branch where the squirrel sat. The critter stared, dumbfounded by this predatorial feat, as the redtail trashed.

Then, suddenly, SNAP!

The branch broke away clean. Everything tumbled down: the bough, Njord, the squirrel, and all of Acrux’s sticks!

Moonspear
Child
135 Posts
Ooc — metic
the boy watched intently as he studied the older man's world record high jump. incredible! a slate grey puppy tail thrashed wildly behind acrux as njord hung from the branch.

and then, the sound if victory.

what njord once clung to was now falling in defeat, and acrux watch with wide eyes as the entire collection of his stick came crashing down. "ya dids it!" he shouted as he rushed forward to both check on njord, and ensure his sticks were unharmed.
"atkan aleut"
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
944 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Last from me!

Njord landed with a loud thud. Oof, that’ll smart tomorrow, he thought to himself as all of Acrux’s sticks rained down. However, Njord didn’t let the pain show and stood up proudly with his red tail curled over his back. He quite liked playing the hero!

Out of the corner of his eye, the squirrel darted away… and Njord could’ve sworn he heard it squeaking tiny swear words.

Njord bellowed a laugh. “Ah dinnae think he’ll be stealin’ your sticks again! Come, I’ll help ye carry them.” Then, Njord began to help Acrux gather his precious loot.