Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Private 
Still feeling both heightened and humbled by the other day, Masquerade moved energetically across the rise this evening, head up, eyes bright and tail curled over their back. They considered gathering the youngsters for a nighttime hunting expedition but couldn’t help but think of one Toweard in particular.

Perhaps @Mulherin would want to hunt with them in the autumn darkness, though first Masquerade wanted to clear the air between them. Stopping and gazing up at the crescent moon, they let out a low, soft howl for their younger brother.

Fun fact: this song came up on my Release Radar. I looked up what “twin flame” meant and liked this definition: “essentially, a twin flame connection is a strong, mutually beneficial relationship in which two people complement each other and help one another grow.” :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
so cute!! my favorite duo <33

A call breaks the night; Masquerade.

A yawn and stretch, then he goes to answer the call. Moonlight is the only thing separating him from blending with the darkness.

He approaches, catching sight of his sibling. His gait slows once he sees the look on their face, one that told him they wanted to talk. The boy chuffs, tail swaying, and waits to see what they have to say.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Hoping he would not move away this time, Masquerade reached to nuzzle their brother’s muzzle. Encouraged by the wave of his tail, they wagged theirs too.

I wanted to thank you, Masque said. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately and I realize that you, your brother and sisters have really helped me grow as a person. But particularly you, Mul.

They paused, glancing off into the October night, a smile playing about their mouth as they recollected something he’d said to them the first time they’d brought up their dreams for his future. Their eyes flashed thoughtfully when they membered how he’d wondered what their mother would think.

I wanted to say I’m sorry too. You were right: Augur, Lilia and even mother are proof that a leader doesn’t necessarily need eloquence to be effective, they continued, looking back to his swarthy face, although I still believe it would be good to have someone with the gift of gab represented in leadership. I think it would bring balance.

Masque wondered if he would sense where they were going with this. They’d talked about the possibility of Mulherin leading his own pack, with Masquerade in a supporting role. That remained their endgame but the details of their vision had lately begun to shift.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
He embraces them, but with his own touch of brusque brotherly love; butting his head into their snout and nipping at the ear closest to him.

I should really be thanking you. He admits quietly. Elaboration was not needed—Masque was there for him and his siblings, always. His ears flick, they continue speaking.

Hm, He responds to their apology, in more of a grunt, as he lets their words sink in. 
In the past weeks he'd grown less talkative, inadvertently, but never avoided conversation. Surprisingly, he felt no pride in being proven correct.

And..?
Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Their marigold eyes went wide when he spoke with perfect enunciation. Masque quickly tried to school their expression back into something more neutral, though their gaze lingered on him with fierce affection for and pride in his efforts.

He listened as well as he spoke, cottoning onto the fact that there was more the Ulfr wanted to say. Masquerade didn’t fight the smile that crept over their face now. He was just as intelligent and full of promise as ever.

I am going to ask mother to coach me, they revealed, and you as well. I want both of us to learn the art of being a Wealda. I would happily rule beside you, if that’s still something you wanted, although I’d be just as happy to operate as placeholder—or a regent, if you prefer that term—until you found a mate to hold the position with you. Or, they continued after a deep breath, one of us could rule the rise, the other the ridge.

They made themself stop there to let their younger brother process all that. What would he say? Masque mustered patience, eyes still glowing with utmost fondness as they regarded his adumbral features.

Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Good, He mumbles, supportive of the coaching notion. Avicus these days was reclusive. The boy did not meddle with her affairs and left her to rove about. He'd missed her, but internally had his own fog of doubts—she was yet to reclaim Wealda. It was disappointing.

Still, Masque continues, offering more information about their pack ideas. He saw it all as ships on the horizon. Despite their high opinion of him, the others would not be swayed as easily about his potential.

Truthfully, he did not care about the specifics.

Y’know, we got time, He posits gently. It is nothing more than a reminder, encouraging them to rest their mind a little.
Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
The word “rule” still felt a little strange in their mouth, though they refused to shy away from it now. Mulherin certainly didn’t bat an eyelash at their suggestions, though he gently reminded them that all of this would take time.

Yeah, they agreed with a small smile, touching their muzzle to his. You’re right… again, Masque tacked on the last word with a chuckle, warm breath gusting against his whiskers.

They stepped back, deciding they would seek out their mother soon, perhaps in the morning. Although Masquerade made no mention of it now, they planned to finally address the giant elephant in the room with the former—and hopefully future—Wealda.

I was thinking of calling the others for a night hunt. But I’m not married to that idea. Is there anything you’d like to do, Mul? Just don’t say ‘go to bed,’ the yearling quipped.

Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
can fade here or you can tack on one more!

They seemed to accept his input, sharing a chuckle over it. 

The mention of a hunt piqued his interest. His rumbling stomach was a big supporter of the idea—food was now all he could think about. He was more than on board.

Not really, lehh go n' call them. He suggests with a wave of his tail. Mischievously, he lands a nip on their shoulder before turning and racing away to gather their siblings.
Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Let’s, they agreed.

They hadn’t meant to correct his enunciation, so when they realized what they had unwittingly done, Masque drew in a sharp breath. But Mulherin didn’t appear to notice, or if he did, he didn’t take offense. Although perhaps the incoming nip was his playful way of punishing them.

Laughing through their nose, they bowed their head humbly. As their younger brother moved off to collect his litter mates, Masquerade then tapped back into that energy from the elk hunt. They galloped after him. The hunt had been chaotic, yet the Ulfr would never forget that perfect moment when the pack had rallied to their cause.