Redtail Rise I wanna play!
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
All Welcome 
perhaps @Mulherin or @Fifth?

Redsky was outside the den, in the sun, and the warmer weather, and he was alert! He wanted to play! He looked around for his siblings to perhaps tussel with one
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Masquerade sprawled in the grass near their mother’s den, taking it easy as they kept an eye on their younger brothers and sisters. They were neonates no longer, looking much more wolfish now at one month of age. Their behavior was rapidly changing too, as they began eating meat, play fighting and socializing with the rest of the pack.

Enjoying the sun on their ruddy face, Masque tipped it skyward and let their eyes fall shut for a few minutes. They heard footfalls in the grass and dropped their head, golden gaze watching as Redsky tried to stir up some action with his litter mates. They shifted in place, curious to see what dynamic unfolded.

Feel free to skip! :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Growing and growing, the youngling was eager as ever to leave behind the den.

On this picturesque day, he decided to join his littermates in their outdoor activities. He adored the exploring, as well as poking his nose into everyone’s business. 

Their babysitter, and also big sibling, kept a watchful eye on their activities. He sought to bother them, however before he was able to stir up any trouble, he realized one of his littermates may be a more well-suited match to put up with his antics.

Seeing the mischievous glean in his brother’s eye, the boy—with his tail wagging up a storm—bounded over and dropped into a bow, yipping at him, inviting a challenge.
[Image: 3-F65-E08-A-A70-E-4-B2-A-BE3-E-C6805-BA727-B2.png]
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
An opponent. Redsky was ready. He dropped into a similar pose as that his brother was in, tail up in the air wagging, and leapt at him, aiming to land on him and bring him into a tussle.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
He let his brother get the jump on him. Instinctually, he sprang too, both of their clumsy bodies colliding—almost—midair. 

The impact sent him sprawling. Quickly, he regained his footing and tried to pounce again—rearing up on his back legs.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Redsky aimed to barrel into his brother when he reared. He wanted to take this to the ground! He tried to latch his teeth on his brothers scruff at the same time to add extra force into his efforts.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Oh no! He wasn’t able to pin him in time. Instead, he himself had been knocked over. 

Growling, he used all his paws and kicked—the typical little sibling defense—thrashing wildly to hopefully deliver a few blows on his opponent and prevent him from latching on.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Redsky struggled against his brothers paws and couldn't lock his jaw down so instead he opted for rolling. He used all his and his brothers weight to roll the pair of them over, hopefully a couple of times.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Redsky found a willing opponent in Mulherin. The brothers bowed to one another, then leaped. Mulherin tumbled backward but he was quick to jump back to his feet, the boys resuming what looked like a playfully savage bid for dominance.

Masque kept an ear out for any cries of pain. Otherwise, they knew this was a part of growing up and establishing a pecking order among themselves and, eventually the rest of the pack. They would build critical skills through the game. It was fascinating to watch and as long as no blood was shed, they had no intention to interfere in such an important development.

Continue to skip, I just wanted to toss in a post every now and again. :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Up and over!

The boy was off the ground. He tried to pin Redsky, but instead he was pushed off and found himself supine again. The pair repeated this back and forth, rolling around whilst trying to bite at one another. Mul was more entertained by the fun of rolling around itself.

Was this still a fight, or a test of physics?

Whatever the case, the youth had never felt exhilaration like this before. His heart thumped wildly in his chest from the exertion.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
His brother kept up the rolling and Redsky was down for it! As they were rolling he still tried to dominate and latch his jaws on Mul's scruff. His brother was trying to do the same though so he kept that in mind
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Redsky had bested him while he’d been distracted by their tumble. He let out a menacing, gurgling growl as Red tried to scruff him. Before Red could get a good enough grip, he hoped to deter him by batting a forepaw at his eyes.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Redsky blinked and his head moved back a bit to avoid the paw in the face and he half tumbled off of his brother, but scrambled back to his feet and took a dominant pose, fur bristled, glaring menacingly at his brother, daring him to attack again
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
He too scrambled away and got to his feet, yapping in amusement. Seeing his chance, he charged forward with all his might, trying to topple Red over, hoping not only knock him off balance, but bite down on one of his legs in the process.
Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
His brother did not get the message and attacked again. With rage, though it was playful rage, Redsky started to charge towards his brother when his brother started to charge towards him, attempting a rough collide.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Indeed, they did collide.

The child battered into his brother with open jaws, trying to clamp down on his shoulder. Puppy drool escaped from his mouth.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
The boys’ fight became more charged. Masquerade kept a close eye on them, wondering if they should run some interference, after all. Red and Mulherin could hurt each other by accident.

Suddenly bounding onto their feet, they rushed toward the two pups, dropping into a playful bow perpendicular to them. They sought to distract the youngsters by waving their tail in the air.

Should they succeed in that, Masque would attempt to redirect them. They dropped their belly to the ground, assuming a sphinx pose for a split second. They rolled onto their shoulder, then flipped onto their back, tail tucking up against their belly as they presented an opportunity for the two rowdy boys to display dominance over them.

Let me see your best Alpha poses, Masque goaded with a playful swish of their long tail.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Redsky's attention was immediately drawn away from his brother and towards his older sibling. He watched their little antic before bounding over and standing as tall as he could, head held high, keeping his gaze straightforward, head positioned over Masq's.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
Masque intervened, providing an ample distraction.

He wasn't too sure what an alpha posed like, but he sure knew this was a perfect opportunity for an ambush.

While Red was preoccupied with his posturing, he snuck behind him, giving him a playful nip on the rump before running around to the other side of Masque, using them as a living barrier. He held his head up and tail straight out, a mischievous look on his face as he let out his best alpha bark, directed at his brother. Take that!

With his proximity to Masque's ear, that was probably quite loud—he didn't have the awareness to account for that.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Red followed orders like a soldier, posturing over Masque where they sprawled in the grass. They smiled approvingly, though Mulherin proved himself a crafty little critter. Taking advantage of his litter mate’s distraction, he nipped him on the butt before scampering to the Caru’s other side and barking a playful challenge.

Before Red could rise to said challenge, Masquerade suddenly began to wriggle and writhe. They kicked their legs, careful to avoid striking either young boy (at least hard). Their tail remained tucked close to their belly as they squirmed, looking for all the world like a cowering Omega.

In a single fluid movement, they rolled to one side and sprang to their feet, snapping playfully at Mulherin. Then, moving just as rapidly, they spun to nip at Red too, in some coltish variation of monkey in the middle.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
i'd prefer if Redsky's nickname was Sky not Red, if thats alr

The little Sky Boy growled at his littermate's nip and then scamper, but he didn't pursue. He was more intrigued in What Masque was doing. When his older littermate tried to nip him, Redsky leapt backward with a yap.
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
gotcha! <3

His ears perked as he watched Masque wriggle, almost as if they were a slug getting sprinkled by salt. Then, they turned and snapped at him, making him jump back in surprise.

Just as soon as he reacted, they turned and did the same to Sky too, who reacted similarly to himself. While they were distracted he thought about initiating his own counterattack, however he refrained; he wouldn't have enough time to dive in without being caught.

Instead, he barked at them and mustered up his most menacing growl—which actually wasn't all that menacing and probably resembled a dying motor. 

Then, he craned his head to the side to peer around Masque and glance over at his littermate. Head tilted, his eyes seemed to say: Truce?  His little tail wagged furiously as he waited for both of their reactions.

They needed to team up if they wanted a fighting chance at taking on the Caru.
Pledged
Dragonspine
861 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Their mouth dropped open on a wolfish laugh, tongue lolling. Masque playfully cocked their head at Mulherin’s growl, replying to it with a little rumble of their own while still grinning. Their long tail lashed the air as they watched him communicate silently with Redsky.

Before they could gang up on Masque, the Caru suddenly sprang to the side. They glanced over their gray shoulder at the boys, hips dipping into a partial crouch and tail curling between their legs again to entice them. They barked, then scurried away, trying to get their brothers to chase them now.

Young Hunter
79 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Sky was ON for the challenge. He gave his brother a look and nodded. mustering up his own growl attempt he chased after his older sibling, hoping Mul was at his heels
Redtail Rise
Berserkr*
244 Posts
Ooc — April
A truce.

He darted toward their caretaker with as much speed as he could muster, alongside Redsky. Instinctually, he would snap at Masque as they scampered off, though the height difference meant trouble in landing anything. He struggled to devise a way to bring them down.

Hopefully, his brother would have a better strategy.