Two Eyes Cenote 1989 (Toula’s Version)
Akashingo
NPC
nesting in the thorn bush
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Private 
Cornelius still wasn’t sure what he’d done to deserve the title of Sphinx—especially within a society as bountiful and generous as Askshingo was. His days were easy, spent in the lap of luxury. He wasn’t used to this way of life and occasionally asked if there was anything he could do to help.

Today, he walked the palace alone, keeping to himself as he meandered and familiarized himself with his new home.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
the Imperators son and his transition to their way of life was going as well as it could, which pleased her. it surely was a different rhythm than that of his previous people, but she hoped at least he was coming to enjoy its comforts. 
she caught him but a day ago offering to aid in the patrol of the Mazoi, and he further earned her approval. it was good for the prince to assimilate and he was doing so with care. today she caught him alone, and with her own assembly behind her she approached. good afternoon, Sphinx! how are you settling in? she asked with plenty of interest.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Toula arrived with her ensemble in tow, and Cornelius bowed as they approached.

Divine One, he greeted. To what do I owe the pleasure? She had been frequently on his mind, and he was pleased they had finally crossed paths. He liked being around her, but only when she was free to do so—she was responsible for so much, and he never wanted to be a distraction!

I’m good, he answered in earnest, straightening. Very thankful for everything, of course—how could he not? and trying to fill my time by helping where I can. His efforts had been mostly fruitless, but there had been a few occasions where he’d been allowed to lend a hand. I am very grateful for this title you’ve bestowed upon me.

And you? How’re you?
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
yourself, she answered with a soft smile. she did not see how his father did not think him fit for the role of prince; he was well suited for it, always striving to help others from the start! 
and she was happy to hear that he was doing well. I have heard. and I am grateful to you as well for such, for she sensed his good heart and his care already! it is with this title that you can aid me in creating change. dream up policy that can better our kingdom. suggestions, of course, to start—until Pharaoh approves, her eyes were bright.
Toula looked around them for a moment before her gaze returned to him. tell me, what makes a good ruler? she wondered, curious for his own perspective.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Toula sang his praises, and Cornelius smiled, simply enjoying the sound of her voice. As she elaborated, she revealed how he could help her; she wanted to know what made a good ruler. He thought about it, falling into a thoughtful silence and stroking his chin as he tried to think of his answer.

Somebody who puts their people before themselves and are generally kindhearted and optimistic, he answered. He had already seen her demonstrate this—she cared deeply for her people! He knew this because of how she talked about them and how she strove for their wellbeing. And who doesn’t allow ego to get in the way of their decisions. Sometimes, sacrifices had to be made.

What are your thoughts? he asked.