Swiftcurrent Creek out there
7 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Joining 
It was still so hard to believe that his parents were gone. He'd always meant to be there in their final years, but the day had come sooner than he ever could have guessed. They'd still seemed so whole and hale the last time he'd seen them, but now Blue Ridge realized that'd been almost two years ago.

Journey had inherited. That was fine, and Blue Ridge thought she deserved it. Round Valley would live on under her command, providing a safe landing place for all the far-flung and wayward relatives.

And yet, he found himself standing at the borders of another pack. Blue Ridge didn't recognize any of the scents, here. He hadn't expected to, but at that moment, it filled him with a palpable sense of relief. It would feel good to be anonymous for a little while. Perhaps he could forget who he was himself. Perhaps it would help him let go of all the grief and regrets that currently filled him.

The male tipped his head back to give a hopeful howl, ready to turn tail and run if the members of this pack proved hostile. For the moment, however, he allowed himself to hope for succor.

@Akavir @Eshe @Arric tagging for visibility!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A man stood there bathed in fog and shades of grey.blue eyes toom in the leggy male and he blinked.

Broad shoulders steeped in shadow he moved forward.

You approach Swiftcurrent creek. I'm Arric, beta. What brings ya around?

He kept himself mostly neutral. He was not a lording over type of guy. There was curisity in his gaze.
7 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
No verbal reply came; Blue Ridge began to feel misgivings about announcing his presence before another wolf suddenly, silently appeared. A jolt of adrenaline shot through him, but he remained composed to answer:

"Name's Blue Ridge. I'm looking for a place to spend the winter," he replied. His gaze lingered on the white circle around Arric's eye before he forcefully lowered his gaze. "I'm good in a hunt, good in a scrap. I'd pull my weight."

He did this every winter, but never before had he felt so strongly that he needed to sell himself and was somehow failing to do so. He was just so angry with himself — it was hard to imagine others seeing his worth when he didn't want to acknowledge it himself.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't like to call out to strangers. He preferred to meet them in face to face. He got a bettwr read on them.

I'm Arric, beta of Swiftcurrent. Just for the winter?

He knew they needed hunters. And a defensive wolf was always good. But if didn't know how Akavir would like only winter wolf.

"
7 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Still feeling strange, Blue Ridge nodded in assent.

"That's what I can commit to, for now," he said, hoping it would not be a dealbreaker. Sure, he could just try the next pack, but the idea filled him with weariness and dread. He just wanted the search to be done with. He wanted things decided.

There had been so much uncertainty in his life. Had it really excited him in his youth?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric looked him over. He seemed heslthy and that he was what he said. There was a heaviness that clung to him, but they all had that here.

Arric nodded. We can always use hunters. I ask that you do not leave if you decide too without wlspeaking to me or the alpha himself Akavir.
7 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The ghost of a smile flickered across Blue Ridge's face. "I can commit to that, too," he assured the other man, not unused to making such promises. There had been few times he hadn't been able to keep it, and he did not anticipate that something like it would happen here.

"I can stay through the whelping season," he offered, relenting. Where else was he expected? "If the support becomes necessary. I mean to be helpful either way."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A nod. Alright. Come on in. I'll show you a cahe an a place to rest and tomorrow I can give you a tour if you want. Welcome to the creek.

Arric would lead him to a den a cache and then return to border patrol unless he was needed.
7 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Please," said Blue Ridge, eager for rest. "I'll be up for a hunt after a long nap. Call for me anytime."

He thanked Arric when he had been shown where he might lay his head and tried not to feel lonely as he watched the dark figure retreat.

He felt strange. The transient lifestyle was suddenly, irrevocably uncomfortable. He had done this so many times before — how was it possible for him to forget the steps? The rhythm, the groove? With his thoughts still swirling, he laid his head upon his paws and shut his eyes.

His dreams pounced like a tiger to drag him away.