The Sentinels ptarmigan wife
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 
bound by the mending boys and the welcome of his wives, chakliux did not go at once to moonsong, though he regretted how he and the panther had parted their ways. that had not been the plan.
he could not go so far as the glacier, but he traveled half a day to the tall forest along the coast, and here he sang toward moonsong.
my son and his hunting-brother were injured on the plains. heph is still mending.
regret! frustration; mingling; he hoped his song would carry to @Dutch, along with his deep desire to have the man still among them at his lodge.
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
492 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther stilled as the seal hunter's voice reached his ears. The news wasn't good, but Chakliux did not sound too grave. Even so, he wished to go to the other man, to see Raiyuk with his own eyes, to bolster his friend as much as he could. A few weeks ago, he would have had a different reason for scolding these thoughts. He would have told himself that Chakliux had his family, that he didn't need Dutch's help.

Today, it was only that he could not spread himself that thin. His first obligation was to Moonsong still, and he knew that Chakliux's family would heal with or without his help.

But in that moment, he did feel — not needed, perhaps. But something like it.

Take heart, he sang back, hoping to imbue the seal hunter with as much strength as he could spare; They will heal swiftly, and so will I. A breath, a decision, and, I will come to you soon.
Moontide
First Warrior
851 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
dutch's voice came and held encouragement.
and i will welcome you in my lodge! chakliux sang back, pleased; he wanted to linger, but instead only threw out a shout of joy and turned back to moontide, to his wives and sons.