Noctisardor Bypass all the gold in fort knox
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
There was a man among them she didn’t know. Truth be told, she hadn’t even realized he existed until the other day. There were many reasons for this, none worth dwelling on, but Druid decided to make it a priority to seek out this Amadeo (@Andras).

During her sparse free time today, Druid hobbled nearly all the way to the lagoon. How badly she wanted to fish! But it would be next to impossible with a bum elbow. Sighing, she swiveled to retrace her steps.

About halfway back to the den, she hobbled to a stop to sniff at a particularly strong scent marker at the base of a lodgepole pine. Amadeo? she guessed, eyes cutting around the surrounding forest. Could he be nearby?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Birch
61 Posts
Ooc — Twin
as luck would have it, he was nearby.
he'd left heda to her own devices for a time, allowing her the rest she needed — he was not so cruel as to deny a cow time to replenish her stores — and instead occupied himself by finding a quiet place to pray. she'd caught him amid his wandering, and, as was customary, he dips his head in polite greeting.
ah, you must be druid, his smile is thin-lipped and closed, but friendly. is the day finding you well?
WARNING: this character's threads will contain mature content. his views do not reflect my own. experimental.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
When she first set eyes on him, they widened a little. He looked… wartorn, Druid decided after a moment. She tried to gauge his age; judging by the slight frosting of his features, he was older than most of Rivenwood. He looked very hale, brawn obvious beneath his otherwise swarthy coat. If his eyes were cold, it was probably down to the color.

His mannerisms were tepidly warm. In any case, Druid could find no fault with them as she paced a little closer. She nodded when he said her name, reaching out to sniff noses briefly. He smelled like the surrounding woods and she reminded herself that just because they hadn’t formally acquainted yet, he’d been around for quite some time.

I’m doing okay, she answered. Amadeo, right? I’m sorry we’re just now meeting formally. I’ve been indisposed. Druid paused before imploring, Tell me about yourself, and shifting her weight to better balance on her three good legs.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Birch
61 Posts
Ooc — Twin
ah, i don't take it personally, he slows to walk in tandem with her, silently offering his shoulder to lean upon should she need to rest. i hear you are a new mother. it is a tough time, those first few weeks. i remember those days.
she, too, is a pretty thing; all gunsmoke and ash, perfectly lean and yet plump with motherhood, although the missing teeth were a bit of a damper on his fantasy. he exhales slowly as he turns to meet her gaze. well, i came to rivenwood seeking a place to hole up and retire. in my glory days, i was a general. but, alas, those are beyond me, he smiles at her, somewhat hesitantly; how much did she wish to know? i have two grown daughters, so i suppose that makes me an empty-nester. and i am a widower. i admit, i am not very interesting.
WARNING: this character's threads will contain mature content. his views do not reflect my own. experimental.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
His choice of words struck her as funny. What did he know about being a new mother? Of course, logically she knew he was referring to fatherhood. It surprised Druid a little when her amusement quickly turned into a mildly defensive sentiment. What did he know?

She took a breath and pointed at a nearby tree, giving Amadeo a questioning look before walking toward it and taking a seat in its scanty shade. She turned his words over in her head as she settled with her back to the rough bark. It seemed her earlier assessment (“wartorn”) hadn’t been far off the mark.

What brought you to Rivenwood, of all places? Druid had to wonder. I assume it was Glaukos who accepted you, she posited before he could reply, wondering whether the two soldierly men had struck up something of a camaraderie.
Rivenwood
Birch
61 Posts
Ooc — Twin
he notices her reserved exterior, the way she keeps her space. he longs to laugh despite the way it frustrates him. i was travelling, and i came across the bypass. i thought it looked peaceful and quiet, and, ah, yes, it was glaukos who took a shining to me. he offered me a place here so long as i could hunt and protect. he seeks the bicolored gaze again, holds it for a short moment. this part was truthful, and he sought to prove it silently. and then, i found out my daughter lives not far from here. funny how things work out, huh? small world.
he goes silent for a beat to take in the scenery, to listen for birdsong amid the trees. when he turns to her again, there is concern wrapped in the aging features. do you know what happened to glaukos? since i returned, i haven't seen him.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
607 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
One of his two grown daughters lived nearby. Druid probably didn’t know her, though she was about to ask for details when Amadeo seized on the topic of Glaukos. She was a little taken aback that he hadn’t already heard, though if he’d been keeping to himself for the most part, it was no wonder.

Wondering just how he’d take the news, she informed him in an even voice, I told him to leave, after he brutalized several of our pack mates for no good reason.