Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,276 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
All Welcome 
The months of care for his village and then his children had left a lasting impression on Kigipigak, who could not help but wake with first light, or remain alert for long hours in to the night, as if he still kept watch over his family. As if they were intact, rather than scattered; himself, unloved.

This served him well within Brecheliant for the first few weeks. Rising for dawn patrols, or finishing his days with late night prowls, kept Kigipigak focused on the world as it was. The problems came later - as he would dream of little laughing voices or the sound of Asivaq singing; in the end, Kigipigak slept very little and worked almost constantly.

Still, he had not met many of the village. Perhaps they were wary of him - perhaps this simply was a quiet place full of busy families, unfit for the new bachelor. He would keep up his work, wanting to be useful and occupied, while a slow but steady shadow had begun to assume a heavy presence upon his spirit.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,542 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
finally gonna get her in one of these ;.;

Maia had not had the chance to meet the new joiner, but she knew that both Chickadee and Kivaluk knew him. If Chickadee had told her that he was Kivaluk’s father, she also would have mentioned there was tension there, and either way it was a subject Maia would leave alone.

She was more interested in where he came from. Would the wolves of Moonglow begin to come here too? The thought made her nervous, which in turn made her guilty. She was judging them before they’d even had a chance.

It took her a while, with everything, to track the new man down. Today she finally approached, hoping that she wasn’t interrupting anything important.

Kigipigak? I’m sorry, if that isn’t right. It was a difficult name to pronounce, but she didn’t have much room to speak, considering the names she’d given her children. The thought helped to make her a little less nervous and brought a smile to Maia’s face. I wanted to welcome you to Brecheliant. And see how things were?
Brecheliant
Eun Liath

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,276 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
A sooty, round woman came upon him as he roamed, and so he slowed, stopping when she spoke his name. He gave a nod. Yes, that is my name. Hello.

She looked somehow soft but also strong, with a heft to her, but not like a warrior as he might expect. And she appeared older than him; not quite elderly, but getting there.

I am doing well. It has been an adjustment, of course. He wondered what, if anything, Kivaluk had said after their conversation.

Your village is much quieter than my last. Ah, miss...?
Inupiaq. · Common.