Ankyra Sound i swapped contact with reality for a country house
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue

within the aphotic ceremonial chamber came a dull echo, wrangling down the mass of flowstone and gneiss until it was but a whisper faintly detected by caiaphas' angular ears. along the hearthstone of damp moss and trickle-streams the wretch froze, her muzzle cast towards the tunnel where the source of sound had rebounded. her hackles lifted slowly and a simmering outrage welled in the lambent yellow of her gaze.

for a moment she was incensed enough to consider barreling up the tavern and out into the surface like some half-lidded and rabid troglodyte. to fly across the basalt to the blinding light and fight tooth and nail for her claim of the cave. but she did no such thing. instead, the slyph owards the breccia stones that marked the tunnel to an adjoining cavern and pulled herself down into the tunnel's mouth, peering out into the chamber. the gentle rise of the tunnel protected her from immediate detection -- she peered from behind the slope with hungry anticipation. 

with her stomach to the shoal and her ears held down at her side, the wretch waited for the intruder. and the manner in which she did so was not unlike a spider's patient wait for fly to erroneously flounder in her direction.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i swapped contact with reality for a country house - by Caiaphas - December 04, 2015, 03:32 PM