The Heartwood But now it's like the night is taking sides
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Indeed, the fox made a wild leap and soon dashed off into the night. Riled, Bronco urged her to come along before speeding after it. Meerkat promptly scrambled after them both, thrilling to the chase even though she quickly fell behind. Despite her relatively slender frame—and certain folk's beliefs to the contrary—she wasn't actually that agile or quick. Sure, she could run fast in a straight line on flat terrain, but as the fox zig-zagged through the dark forest, every single obstacle, twist and turn caused her to fall further and further back.

Soon, she lost sight of the fox and Bronco altogether in the darkness. Meerkat began to slow, panting as she trotted along in their wake. Despite her own inability to contribute directly, she had enjoyed the chase. Her heart pounded in her chest and she grinned, silently wishing her brother success out there in the unseen night.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
But now it's like the night is taking sides - by RIP Bronco - September 28, 2020, 01:50 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 12:06 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 03:03 PM
RE: But now it's like the night is taking sides - by Meerkat - September 30, 2020, 03:31 PM