Blackfeather Woods you are only coming through in waves
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
It's not—no— she stammered, feeling overwhelmed under his worried stare. She knew Mou made others uneasy, but he was her other half, a chunk of her heart. . .

I'll protect you, Maegi. You're like a mother to me. A sob, then, choked back. Don't say that! she wanted to scream. Not Rowan, not Rowan, too—he'd be taken from her just like every other child—

I'll make offerings. . . I'll ask Sithis

Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
Sithis
 STOP! Maegi shrieked, and the ravens above them took to the sky in a burst of black feathers. Near-panting, she backed away from her once protege, unable to stop the sibillant Daedric whispering in her mind.

You don't get it! You never will! she spat. You were meant to be born! Your mother wanted you! You are whole, body and mind and soul! 

She angrily scuffed the ground with her crooked paw, sending leaves flying, hissing as pain shot up the limb. Sithis is my father. Do you hear me?! Sithis is my father; Mephala my mother. Or might as well be, anyway! My stupid sick father raped my coldhearted mother and then what? She got us! My brothers and me! Ramsay with his fucked up spine, Euron—

Tee-hee!

And me! My mother said she hated me, Maegi growled, scowling. Her voice pitched suddenly low. I was a child. And my mother said she hated me. She wanted us dead.

Her eyes burned as she stared at Rowan, the memories of her time in the tunnels rising up like smoke around her. The daedra are my parents' gods. They are the gods of all who have wronged me, of all who I have wronged. I do not claim them, and they do not claim me. And still—still!—I hear them!

I cannot stay here.

Maegi stood above Meldresi's bones. The woman she'd never met. Potema had said the Queen would have hated her, too. Well, good—have at it, decrepit bitch! She ought to have dug up her grandmother and tossed the remains in the creek. 

Damn her. Damn all the Meloniis, all the daedra, and damn this place especially.

I hope you understand. Her voice was devoid of all emotion, now, ringing cold and empty upon the roses.
Messages In This Thread
you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 15, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 16, 2020, 12:39 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 17, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 17, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 18, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 18, 2020, 05:13 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 19, 2020, 02:27 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 19, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Maegi - November 23, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: you are only coming through in waves - by Rowan - November 26, 2020, 02:25 PM