Blacktail Deer Plateau that fancy wine won't put this fire out
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
A rustling in the foliage caught her attention, and she lifted her head to find Vesper approaching. She managed a smile at the girl's touch, raising herself a little so that she rested half on her side, legs folded beneath her. 

Hey, Ves, Maegi murmured. She studied her daughter's face. The baby blue had faded from her eyes, replaced by a deep, vibrant orange. Phox's eyes, she thought, with a qualm. And, now that she thought about it, Mou's, too. (At least the one.)

Certainly she was old enough to understand. . .or at least be told? At three moons, Maegi had been displaced by war, had seen death. She'd probably had to grow up too quickly, true, her experiences not the ideal—

But when the time came for Phox to decide where he wanted to go, Vesper would almost certainly go with him. Better to prepare her for the inevitable now then wait for that day.

I have to tell you something, Vesper, she said, keeping her gaze trained on the girl, though a bumblebee hovered unnervingly close nearby. I have to be honest. You were right. . .it's wrong to lie. And so I'm not going to lie anymore.
Messages In This Thread
that fancy wine won't put this fire out - by Maegi - June 25, 2021, 01:09 PM
RE: that fancy wine won't put this fire out - by Maegi - June 28, 2021, 01:16 PM
RE: that fancy wine won't put this fire out - by Maegi - July 01, 2021, 12:42 PM
RE: that fancy wine won't put this fire out - by Vesper - August 29, 2021, 02:28 PM