Nimbus Summit wrong town to stop in
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
“Consider yourself accepted,” Lane said after gently correcting Antha about her position in the pack. Wow, that was a lot easier than he’d thought! Caracal’s stomach did a couple flips when he realized what he’d just done, though he squashed down any negative feelings and focused his attention and energy on all the upsides.

Like, he was someone’s official apprentice now! As Lane spoke, he stared at her, captivated by everything she had to say. She was pretty easy on the eyes, he realized. Oh, he was already developing a crush. He could feel it. He totally had a type: medicine women. First Bridget, then Sialuk and now Lane. He was a lucky young man.

What’s an arlathan? he asked, just hoping that wasn’t a stupid question, but didn’t wait for an answer before adding, Map the area; catalog the plants; check out the what’s-it; introduce myself to who’s-it. Got it! He really hoped neither lady was put off by his inability to pronounce all these polysyllabic names. He had never encountered so many vowels in his life.

Okay, see you, Lane! Caracal chirped when the Alpha Beta pardoned herself, leaving him to turn to Antha as she prepared him for a tour. Awesome! Can’t wait to see it all! Thanks, Antha! the yearling said cheerily, still marveling at his good fortune. He cast one last glance after Lane, then focused entirely on his hostess, talking her ear off as she guided him to his new home.

I’m fine with a fade, thank you both! :)))
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wrong town to stop in - by Caracal - March 31, 2022, 10:09 AM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Antha - March 31, 2022, 02:12 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Caracal - March 31, 2022, 02:23 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Lane - April 05, 2022, 10:28 AM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Antha - April 05, 2022, 01:36 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Caracal - April 05, 2022, 02:03 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Lane - April 05, 2022, 04:49 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Antha - April 05, 2022, 06:28 PM
RE: wrong town to stop in - by Caracal - April 05, 2022, 06:39 PM