Redsand Canyon I gotta find a field
2,033 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Fennec wasn't sure that anything she did could surprise Towhee anymore. The choice wasn't the surprise here anyway - the happiness though. This was the biggest shock.

She'd never felt this kind of respect. It wasn't just the way their bodies met - it was the way he spoke to her. It was the implicit and immediate trust, and the way he simply told her the way rather than doubting she would make it. Penn had never made her feel like less... but he'd also never made her want to be more.

It was like Germanicus spoke a language she hadn't known existed. It had to be that she was desperate and feeling some kind of intensified honeymoon phase. This isn't more than what it is. But she couldn't deny the swell to her affection when gave her a starting point. It was the kind of casually thoughtful act she'd have never thought to even ask for.

Fifteen steps, then a tree. She confirmed it, resolving to try his path first and see where it led. Blind exploration would lose her time and it wasn't like her pride was tied up in finding the route herself - she just didn't want to waylay another to play babysitter.

I thought tomorrow. Unless there's a better time? One more night here first, then an early start. If she was lucky the trip would only last a few days at most.
Fenn is blind, and as she's older, will take all of her character insight from tone.  If you are ever uncomfortable with an assumption she makes, please let me know!
Messages In This Thread
I gotta find a field - by Fennec - October 29, 2022, 02:39 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Germanicus - October 29, 2022, 06:28 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Fennec - October 29, 2022, 10:13 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Germanicus - October 29, 2022, 12:31 PM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Fennec - October 30, 2022, 03:38 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Germanicus - October 30, 2022, 07:25 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Fennec - October 30, 2022, 09:43 AM
RE: I gotta find a field - by Germanicus - October 30, 2022, 09:57 AM