Dragoncrest Cliffs i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She felt a flicker of dismay and fear when he mentioned going out and trying to locate the bear. Meerkat quickly bit back the impulse to berate him for this rash decision, just glad he hadn’t come into harm on this foolish pursuit. Besides, what did that detail matter with such a horrifying threat looming over them?

She couldn’t think but she could hustle. Together they entered the tunnel that would carry them to the far side of the lake. Meerkat bustled through it, uncertain what any of them could even do but sure of one thing: that bear would touch her son again over her dead body.

They emerged on the lake shore and Meerkat realized she was shaking. She was still soaking wet, not to mention scared. But she didn’t slow down, curving around the water’s edge toward the roja den. She could see its rocky silhouette ahead.

Only after she settled on the edge of the surrounding meadow to keep watch did Meerkat finally turn to her husband again to ask, Do the others know?

She realized she hadn’t asked about the poor woman at the borders. But surely someone had rendered aid. Her eyes bored holes in Njord’s face, awaiting further details.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: i’m hoping that after this fever i’ll survive - by Meerkat - January 17, 2023, 11:44 PM