Sun Mote Copse It’s been a long day without you, my friend.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,993 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Meerkat took @Otter and Skipjack to Ray’s Beach today. When the bairns grew tired of swimming, she watched them play in the fertile soils in between the two forks of the river. Somewhere in between their shouts, she heard voices near the border, turning to see Njord and Towhee returning home together. Her expression lit up at the sight of her mother, who’d been gone for days.

Kids, come on. Da is back and grandma’s with him, Meerkat called, motioning for the pups to join her.

With Skip beside her and Otter trotting at his other flank, they caught up to the pair just in time for Meerkat to catch her husband’s words: -“Ah’ll tell her.”- She blinked as she drew closer, eyes bouncing between Njord’s and Towhee’s faces. Something in her stomach clenched at their expressions.

Go with your grandma now, Meerkat said after exchanging a glance with her mother.

They didn’t need to be told twice. The little ones stuck to Towhee like glue as she led them into the copse’s interior. Meerkat barely glanced after them, her whisky gaze instead riveted on her husband’s face. She sipped in a breath.

What is it? What do you have to tell me?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: It’s been a long day without you, my friend. - by Meerkat - May 21, 2024, 06:00 PM