Blackfeather Woods to sit in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
There was nothing like a good ego stroke to Maegi, and she lifted her chin, silently basking in Tundra's praise. She only let her pleasure show with a faint smile, then let it fade as they began to discuss the gods again. No, atheism wasn't a problem to her. Plenty of her most faithful friends hadn't known the daedra—and some of those who had ended up betraying her. It wasn't a deal-breaker.

You have to find your own way to the gods, she said, shrugging. If that's not the path you've chosen, why would I force it? I know Peryite is with me and always will be; I'd rather my friends be loyal to me rather than the voice of a god that might turn them against me. Perhaps that was insecurity rearing its ugly head. She didn't much care.

She took a deep breath in, thinking of Relmyna. The ever-familiar guilt entered her mind at the thought of the late Listener—she should have been here at the end!—but she tried to push it back and stay scholarly. She worshiped Mephala, I think, Maegi answered slowly. And Sithis, too. Most wolves here did—maybe still do. But Peryite chose me, and I have chosen Peryite. I have no other god above Peryite.

Her stomach gurgled as if in agreement. More likely just hunger.
Messages In This Thread
RE: to sit in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock - by Maegi - April 27, 2019, 02:10 AM