Blackfeather Woods [m]ama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Lilah, poor Lilah, was the first to arrive, to behold the ugliness of the scene. She sniffled, nodding at the woman's question—but then stiffened, involuntarily, as the woman came close. Her muscles were bunched tight, jaw clenched so hard she thought her teeth would shatter. Pain and upset still rolled in her abdomen, doubling her over still. And then. . .

Mou, she croaked, throat hoarse from vomiting. At his hiss, she flinched, shaking her head— No, it's okay; she just wants to help. . . And then words left her entirely as she disintegrated into more tears, half-collapsing against her mate, her love, her best friend.

Istoira came, but Maegi barely noticed her. Tundra, too—and her words cut through the fog in her brain like a knife, cold and sharp, piercing, painful.

Healer. Harm. Go.

It was all wrong. It was all so wrong.

My babies, Maegi moaned, lips so grotesquely twisted in a frown it was almost comical, clownlike. Lilah. My babies. . .are my babies going to be all right? Only the midwife could tell her what was true. Everyone else could only offer comfort but Lilah. . .Lilah had the truth.
Messages In This Thread