Blackfeather Woods what we do in the shadows [pup activity]
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The only one to break the silence (save the whispers) was her own child, who asked a question that brought a smile to her face. I think so, yes, she answered Anansi, nodding. But they speak much louder in some places than others. I've never heard them more clearly than right here.

They'd followed her in all of her travels. Maegi chose to believe that. Even in her most dire moments, when she couldn't pick up even a trace of ther sound. They had called her home, time and time again. How could they do so if they did not exist, as her son said, everywhere?

But no one had answered her query. Either they were too shy to speak up or the magic was not within them. She hoped fervently for the former.

Even if you don't hear them speak to you, you can still honor them, Maegi continued, gaze soft as she looked upon the children. Anything you need, anything you wish for, you can pray. Peryite, my lord, my god: receive my prayer. . .and it works for the others, too. I say my prayers in the language Meldresi brought with her, but you can use any tongue you like—they'll understand you, I think. But—

She closed her eyes for a moment, remembering, suddenly, Miraak's Daedric lessons. Tears pricked sharply beneath lowered lids; Maegi sucked in a breath, desperately missing her uncle. Peryite, ñuha āeksio, ñuha Jaes: jiōragon ñuha jorepnon, she said quietly, slowly, forming each word with care, so that the pups might pick them up more easily. Her eyes opened again. If anyone wants, I can teach you what I know of that language.

Are you proud, Uncle? Do you see me, even from the Void?

next round begins 29th -- no posting order still!
Messages In This Thread
what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Maegi - August 08, 2019, 08:46 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Anansi - August 09, 2019, 11:01 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Rowan - August 10, 2019, 02:06 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Hela - August 10, 2019, 10:03 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Jakoul - August 12, 2019, 07:49 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Sakhmet - August 12, 2019, 08:05 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Tundra - August 13, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Maegi - August 15, 2019, 02:05 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Rowan - August 18, 2019, 12:58 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Anansi - August 20, 2019, 10:49 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Maegi - August 23, 2019, 07:32 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Scylla - August 27, 2019, 09:24 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Rowan - August 29, 2019, 12:31 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Hela - August 29, 2019, 01:01 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Tundra - August 30, 2019, 07:08 PM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Maegi - September 01, 2019, 08:34 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by Anansi - September 03, 2019, 09:28 AM
RE: what we do in the shadows [pup activity] - by RIP Sobek - September 04, 2019, 02:06 PM