Fairspell Meadow swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
AW. Set for Wednesday afternoon. Will archive in a week if no response.

Yesterday, Maegi took Anansi's tail. It took all the strength she had and nearly broke her in two, at least spiritually, but the pale thing eventually gave way to her careful yet insistent teeth. She carried it to her pile of bones, out here in the meadow, and sat over it for a while, before returning to Sobek's body to keep vigil there.

Four sons. Nirgali, Ninazu, Anansi, and Sobek. All dead, all gone.

Today, Maegi took her kind-hearted, dark-pelted boy, gently grasping him by the scruff and pulling him to the shrine. She rested him beside Anansi's tail, sobbing for breath, unable to keep her composure any longer. She crumbled again, sinking to her belly, cheek pressed against the cold, hard ground and its dying grass to muffle her whimpers.

Sakhmet remained, but Maegi found herself wondering when she would be next. She prayed feverishly here, begging for Jaes to spare her daughter. Leave me one child, my lord, my god, she whispered, eyes wide and staring. Please let her stay with me. But, then, she'd asked the same for Sobek. . .and her prayers had gone unanswered.

The daedra. This was their work. Angry at the wolves for leaving the forest. Angry at her for turning her back.

Those fucking demons.

She fell asleep in the midst of chanting, cuddled close to the tail of one son and the frozen corpse of another.
Messages In This Thread
swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 28, 2019, 06:23 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - October 29, 2019, 06:38 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 30, 2019, 09:20 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - October 31, 2019, 01:14 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - October 31, 2019, 04:31 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 01, 2019, 03:28 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 01, 2019, 08:01 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 01, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 02, 2019, 11:14 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 03, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 03, 2019, 10:48 AM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Scarab - November 03, 2019, 12:40 PM
RE: swarm the belly, swelling to a blaze - by Maegi - November 04, 2019, 01:43 PM