Blackfeather Woods what does she think of me?
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Not many came. That was telling. Just Rowan, Moonshadow and, of course, her love. To the latter, she drew close; to the former, she gave a solemn nod in response to her query. She remained silent for a minute, waiting for anyone else to emerge. They did not.

I have failed, Maegi began, her voice soft but with a haunting resonance to it, like an echo in a cavern. We have lost so many, and our numbers are so few. I have failed time and again to keep this pack strong, and now it's time for me to admit it instead of pretending I'm capable of— A sudden lump in her throat; she swallowed it, nostrils flaring in a sharp inhale. Of being your leader.

She cast her eyes slightly upward, as if looking upon a large face of rock. There's a pack in the mountains called Diaspora, she continued. I'm acquainted with their leadership. They are strong, and they will take us in—if you wish to go with me.

Maegi blinked apologetically at the trio before her. It's all right if you decide to stay, she murmured. But you'll have to do so with someone else in command. I need to do what's best—and what's best is putting my pride aside and seeking strength elsewhere. So. . .

Suddenly, the tears welled (at, of course, the wrong time). She narrowed her eyes, keeping them at bay; her vision shimmered like mirage. All at once, it hit her. Blackfeather Woods would have to carry on without her, and she without Blackfeather Woods: a place she'd once vowed to die within.
Messages In This Thread
what does she think of me? - by Maegi - December 02, 2019, 12:18 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Rowan - December 02, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Moonshadow - December 03, 2019, 10:22 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - December 04, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Maegi - December 05, 2019, 07:20 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Rowan - December 06, 2019, 03:50 PM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Maegi - December 23, 2019, 09:14 AM
RE: what does she think of me? - by Rowan - December 24, 2019, 11:21 AM