Blackfeather Woods & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She shook her head. You couldn't have known, Maegi responded, refusing to let anyone else but herself take the blame for all this loss. Her, and— Yes, she added. Well, mostly the shaking. The cold, too. We won't survive this winter if we don't do something. Leave, or. . .

Tundra didn't understand—or maybe she understood too well. Maegi didn't want to feel. Not feeling was easier. Better. She would take the emptiness over acute pain and sadness, the heart-rending grief she had endured. Perhaps one day she might allow herself to be more vulnerable, but for now, the point was moot. She didn't feel; she couldn't feel.

Of course, she snorted, rolling her eyes as Tundra described her encounter with Venamis. I'm glad you got directions, eventually. We have allies in the mountains. . .maybe if we end up there for the season, I'll pay this Courtfall a visit.

Maybe Tundra would come back to her, instead. That seemed like wishful thinking at this point.
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now - by Maegi - December 19, 2019, 12:15 PM