Blackfeather Woods & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Of course, Rowan would be obstinate. It was in the nature of a young man—hell, a youngster in general. She remembered her attitude at that age. She summoned patience from the very depths of her, a deep, slow inhale while listening to Tundra explain things much better than she could.

She's right, you know, Maegi said shortly, meeting the woman's gaze before looking at Rowan. And it's not about the place, Rowan. . .it's about the wolves close to you. As long as you're with them, anywhere can become home.

Perhaps, one day, Tundra would live alongside Maegi again. For now, it was clear they would call different places their own. Nevertheless, she was grateful for everything the former leader had done, and relieved that she had come back to visit. It was closure, at least. She was alive. She was well.

Feeling the conversation come to its inevitable end, Maegi dipped her head briefly, tail swinging behind her. Best wishes, Tundra, she murmured. I hope this isn't the last time we see each other. Once all words had been exchanged, the Nona withdrew into the trees, though not without a glance at Rowan to see if he would follow.

She doubted he would. She was accustomed, by now, to going it alone.
Messages In This Thread
RE: & i've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool for a while now - by Maegi - January 02, 2020, 07:40 PM