Seaside Moors Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
They'd all taken the loss hard, and Rosalyn's ache for their other children rode alongside her own trepidation.  Not that she'd needed the insistence, but it had helped to spur her initial searches, and the effort would not abate until time proved Valravn lost.  She would not risk disappearing for weeks as she had in search of their first litter's wanderers, but she couldn't help but spare hours or days.

Chacal was her constant shadow when she was home, and she was true to that now as she appeared silently behind her mother to press into her side.  Rosalyn turned her head and pressed her own cheek to Chacal's flank, embracing her for a moment before letting her go.  Chacal.  I could use some company at the eastern borders, if you'd like to help?

She knew that she didn't need to ask, just as she knew her daughter would not answer.  It was a habit, however... she spoke with her frequently, one sided conversations, as if mere exposure to words might someday tempt her tongue into attempting them.  Now it had become almost comforting.
Messages In This Thread
Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - October 21, 2020, 03:18 AM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - October 21, 2020, 11:27 AM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - October 22, 2020, 02:03 AM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - November 01, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - November 08, 2020, 05:06 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - November 11, 2020, 01:53 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - November 12, 2020, 01:43 AM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - November 13, 2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - November 22, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - December 12, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Rosalyn - December 18, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Seeing spiders, I'm told they never lie - by Chacal - December 22, 2020, 10:35 PM