Ankyra Sound Where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire?
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
This was where it had happened.  A place that once she'd guessed to be cursed was now known to be.

And she'd been powerless, in the end.

She knew that she needed to let it go, to move on from this for the children she had left, but none of the ones before had felt like this.  This was a rawness akin to her time in the cliffs, a despair that threatened to drown her if she for any instant decided to stop paddling against the flow.  And it was so, so tempting to stop.  Rosalyn was exhausted.

Her fury had ebbed to a frightening numb.  She sat at the entrance to the sound and stared at its depths, wondering if Caiaphas was there, her ghost mocking the pirate.  So you reclaimed her in the end, she thought, her breath hitching.  But she was never yours.  You didn't deserve her.

Neither did I.

She was completely unaware of Stag and Wylla's movements nearby.  A chill picked up from the sea and raked ice through her fur.  She shuddered, imagined yellow eyes piercing from the gloom.  It could have been either ghost.

I'll drop background unless they come her way <3 this can also be a cameo
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire? - by Rosalyn - January 04, 2021, 12:56 PM