Dragoncrest Cliffs in a tidal wave of [m]ystery
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
935 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord waited in suspense as he watched the gears turn behind Meerkat’s amber eyes. However, with every word of her reply, another brick was removed from the last wall that threatened to come between them. She understood – really understood – and Njord felt completely disarmed by it. He thought of Kukutux and her auspicious pink stone. Had the universe truly made the two of them bespoke for one another?

Meerkat continued and explained with a story. No longer would the fear of choosing between his past and future haunt the back of his mind. “Yer words mean everythin’ ta me,” Njord said with a shake of his head and a small laugh, as if in disbelief. A great dad. Lucky to have him. Changes nothing. She saw positives where others might have not. “In my heart, I feared I couldna have one without tha other,” he admitted, fearing his paramour would test him with ultimatums. “I’m thankful you are who you are, an’ that ya found me. Chose ta be with me. I feel accepted.”

A small pause between thoughts. “Would it please ya to live with me in Sapphique as Duskfire moves?” he prompted. He had already gotten the all-clear from Erzulie to court and, though Sapphique was unique in structure, he was certain Meerkat would be welcome with open arms. She was a woman, after all. “It would give us time ta figure out our what we want ta come next,” he added.

Overhead, a reeling gull called. The distant waves hummed. A small breeze blew through Meerkat’s hair as she alluded to their future children. In that moment, the seafarer knew he would love this woman for the rest of his days. “That would make a happy man,” Njord responded with a smile. “We want tha same things. I mean ta be yours, an’ yours alone.” 

Something about the cool winter air (and the talk of making babies) made Njord feel especially frisky. He leaned in close. The Tourmaline’s neck bowed like a crescent moon, ears pressed forward as his red tail waved. There was nothing more in the world he wanted than her – so much that the tension in his body was almost debilitating. He postponed jumping her bones by reaching over her shoulder to groom the long, umber hair of her hackles.“M’think we should practice someday soon,” he teased in a quiet voice.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Messages In This Thread
in a tidal wave of [m]ystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 06, 2022, 10:16 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 06, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 09, 2022, 05:13 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 09, 2022, 08:53 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 01:06 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Njord - January 10, 2022, 05:47 PM
RE: in a tidal wave of mystery - by Meerkat - January 10, 2022, 06:50 PM