in some sad way i already know
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Mordecai our catching up thread!! Set outside OS, but I don't know the exact layout of the land so maybe she picks up a scent of him and howls?? IDK!!!

It had been over two days since Caiaphas had departed the strand. She had first swung south towards the Bay and in a moment of impulsion she had teetered dangerously on trespassing. She watched from a distance several (presumable) Stavanger Bay wolves bring down what appeared to be a deer in the forest -- and from her vantage she recalled her unsettling conversation with Thistle Cloud. An ugly smile spread across her lips and satisfied, she had left.

She then found herself somewhere -- a somewhere in which she had no name for. Jagged and jutted rock teeth -- ascending slabs -- pontificated pines with their evergreen needles slanted upwards and glinting in the sun. And then Neverwinter Forest with the fog that seemed interminable even when she had already been traveling half the valley in a thick and heavy haze.

She had elected to skirt Neverwinter entirely, so deep and opaque was the fog she was scarcely sure she would be able to find her tail. It was then she thought of visiting Mordecai -- it had been several weeks and for the first time in a long time she felt herself wanting company. Surprised by this sudden compulsion but pleased to indulge in it, Caiaphas struck back towards Neverwinter's southern hemisphere. Or at least, in the fog she thought it was possibly south.

She was not a great sleuther, truth be told -- and it was a long time before she stumbled across his scent. Urged by her good luck she followed it until it joined with several other wolves' -- she paused uncertainly and threw her head back in a howl that at first entertained the idea of being somewhat wolfish before it fell into a warped cry as if the noise itself were disoriented by the fog.
Messages In This Thread
in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 08, 2014, 03:26 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 13, 2014, 12:03 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 12:30 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - November 05, 2014, 07:48 PM