Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,208 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
Pack Activity 
hunting thread! participation greatly encouraged! maybe four days for rounds? <3 lmk if that doesnt work! @Bartholomew @Thresher @Miseria @Kacia @Blueberry

the forest of bleeding sequoia was still quiet when the wolves of sweetharbor found their way to the woodland. a pair of caribou had retreated here, perhaps bolstered by the silence of this place. a soft snow rippled through the air, bringing their breath to plume.
heda ranged ahead. the saltwater at her brows and withers had begun to crystallize, shimmering as she swung her head to and fro, searching out scents. "one of them is injured," the young wolf muttered, and motioned that they follow.
the broad great trunks thinned to a tiny clearing half-choked with brush. it was not an optimal place for a hunt. but it was where the pair had bedded down.
in caribou both sexes kept their antlers. the female was only slightly smaller, but the male was visibly injured, snorting with pain as he hobbled in a semi-circle.
"okay, uhum. some of us need to go one direction, and some of us — go the other." killing it. "but first, i need to know who can run and who will help jump the stag. i'm going to run, to bring the cow away. i need at least two other runners because we need to keep her pinned long enough to wound him. so whoever doesn't run has — a guess a heavier job." wow. amazing.
she felt cold as she stood there, waiting for someone to speak.
Messages In This Thread
skaigona - by Heda - November 28, 2022, 12:50 PM
RE: skaigona - by Thresher - November 28, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: skaigona - by Bartholomew - December 01, 2022, 05:26 PM
RE: skaigona - by Manea - December 02, 2022, 12:44 AM
RE: skaigona - by Heda - December 04, 2022, 12:49 PM
RE: skaigona - by Manea - December 22, 2022, 12:02 PM
RE: skaigona - by Heda - January 04, 2023, 07:07 PM